Cheer about Three Internet

The Good, the Bad and the Annoying.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

I got a letter from Three this morning announcing the expiry of the two year contract for my uber-cheap 2 data sims for £6 and that I could renew for £17 each. Yeah right..

I could have relied on others' assurances that they would just roll over monthly at the same rate but there would be nothing to stop them changing the terms at a later date.

So I gave them a call asking to renew at the existing price and was told that deal has ended and you can't get it any more. (bugger..)

Oh, says I, people that I deal with have managed to renew their contracts at the same price. (If you don't ask you don't get..)

Hang on says the man, who then comes back saying yes we can do that, another two years for the same price. (Woohoo!)

After a lot of toing and froing I got a new contract for a further two years saying two data sims at £17 each less a discount for £14.50 (ex VAT) with the discount to last until the end of the contract.
There is one unwelcome addition, that of their usual 4.5% price rise to be added in April from which I had escaped for the last two years.

But I'll take it.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Well done to Eccles.

I hate the haggling culture which is a foreign culture that has been allowed to become the norm here in recent years. I would rather pay the 17 pound or go without than even attempt to haggle but good luck to those brave enough.