Tom's Mum's Christmas Biscuits

merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I met Tom and his adorable, very beautiful sister Viki in London yesterday, and he brought me the best gift EVER - a lovely red tin (appropriately - MERRY Christmas) and in it were.....

A wonderful selection of his Mama's Christmas biscuits!

Including her famous Vanilla Crescents, of which we spoke in this very forum last year.

I was astonished by their deliciousness. Hand on heart the most delicious biscuits I've ever tasted. Soooo light and crumbly and crisp, and melt in your mouth. They taste wonderful too, with a delicate nutty flavour.

There were also some tiny star biscuits, lemon and raspberry iced, which were nearly as delicious and incredibly moreish!

Since we were then stranded at Paddington for the usual train disaster (waiting for a driver who 'didn't show up for his shift) I was jolly glad we had provisions, and had broken into the stash before we even left London.

And here's my breakfast today, or half of it, as the other half has been scoffed.
cresents.jpg
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Nawww I am so glad you are enjoying the biscuits. 🥰🥰🥰

The crescents are my personal favourites too. My mom always freaks out when making them because they are a pain, but there is a reward at the end. 😉😁
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

oh oh! I never did make them this year, although I wanted to. But Lizzy and I could eat a hundred of them. Maybe I should still make them anyway. Who says you have to wait till Christmas?

ME
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

mimosa wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:44 pm oh oh! I never did make them this year, although I wanted to. But Lizzy and I could eat a hundred of them. Maybe I should still make them anyway. Who says you have to wait till Christmas?

ME
That is what I always say, Mim. I want to make them for my Birthday every year...but then I forget. Lol.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)