North and South Chat

Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:26 am Hannah Thornton had three children: John, Fanny, and an unnamed daughter who died of a fever (Margaret reminds her of a bit)
I'm not sure about the middle first name things.
Philipaholt wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:37 am No. I made up her middle name as Ann but I'm sure others have done it before me as well.
DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:40 am It turns out Project Gutenberg is our friend!
"And the old man has not a known relation on earth; ‘who is there to mourn for Adam Bell?"
But it's literally a single entry in the entire book, so anyone would be forgiven for not remembering it.
Aw, thank you very much, guys. It's really helped me. 😃 :cuddle Now I know that I really need to reread a book and I want it so much. Will need to do it! 😁 :love
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by ColleenD »

I posted this on a different thread but thought I would pose the question here as well.

What is the general consensus on AO3 vs fanfiction.net?

I like ff for the story stats and I prefer their layout when looking at stories with the picture for the story and such. I also find their mobile app more user friendly than AO3's. AO3 is a little easier to post a story with and easier to see the completed status or maturity level and to make edits.

I have found that I get more traffic on my N&S stories on ff but AO3 gets me more traffic for my Outlander stories.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

This is a cover of Brasilian edition book for N&S by Pedrazula Editora. I think it's so beautiful although we know which scene it is, but for me it's drawing so amazing and that first title of book which Mrs. Gaskell wanted to call N&S... I love it! :loveeyes :heart
Attachments
capa_margaret_hale1-822059d7915f7eda4e16524476997516-640-0.jpg
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Saw this in FB and if everyone interesting then there's a full interview and it's very new - https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2022 ... interview/ 😉

This is sweet what RA said about DDA and I would like to see them together again in movie or series. 😃❤️ Btw, how I understood from a few comments in FB, then DDA is not in social media, but I don't know it's true or not. Just saying! 😉
Attachments
FB_IMG_1666886165153.jpg
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by ColleenD »

I saw that on FB - Richard is awesome.

Can anyone tell me where, in the series, John looks at his pocket watch?
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:51 pm Can anyone tell me where, in the series, John looks at his pocket watch?
Yes, he watched it in episode 4 when he was in his office and worked till late evening. It was before he went to window and saw Nicholas and little Tommy going to home from work and they both greeted each other. I hope I helped with this description! 😁

Btw, I had read your TT story, Colleen, and it's wonderfully interesting. Genius idea about traveling in to the past and helping our lovebirds. I really liked it. Well done! :loveeyes :clapping
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by ColleenD »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 pm Yes, he watched it in episode 4 when he was in his office and worked till late evening. It was before he went to window and saw Nicholas and little Tommy going to home from work and they both greeted each other. I hope I helped with this description! 😁

Btw, I had read your TT story, Colleen, and it's wonderfully interesting. Genius idea about traveling in to the past and helping our lovebirds. I really liked it. Well done! :loveeyes :clapping
Thanks!

I checked that scene and he does look at his watch but you don't see it. I wanted to get a screen shot of the watch. Is there anywhere else he looks at it?
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Philipaholt »

ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:32 pm
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:00 pm Yes, he watched it in episode 4 when he was in his office and worked till late evening. It was before he went to window and saw Nicholas and little Tommy going to home from work and they both greeted each other. I hope I helped with this description! 😁

Thanks!

I checked that scene and he does look at his watch but you don't see it. I wanted to get a screen shot of the watch. Is there anywhere else he looks at it?
I'm not sure he ever does. Could you snag a pocket watch from another film?
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by mimosa »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:00 pm Saw this in FB and if everyone interesting then there's a full interview and it's very new - https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2022 ... interview/ 😉

This is sweet what RA said about DDA and I would like to see them together again in movie or series. 😃❤️ Btw, how I understood from a few comments in FB, then DDA is not in social media, but I don't know it's true or not. Just saying! 😉
Aw, I love it. I also read the article. I chuckled at what he said about his age and the heart throb thing. LOL. He was in his 30s in N&S and RH...that's kind of the range for that.

ME
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:51 pm
Can anyone tell me where, in the series, John looks at his pocket watch?
There might be another one, if I remember correctly, when he steps out of the factory, right before the strike, when the people are trying to knock down the mill gates, before he runs into the house, and then another time when Fanny has a aanic attack and Mrs Thornton asks him when the soldiers will be there.
Saw this in FB and if everyone interesting then there's a full interview and it's very new - https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2022 ... interview/
Thank you so much for that! 😍
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:00 pm Saw this in FB and if everyone interesting then there's a full interview and it's very new - https://www.hellomagazine.com/film/2022 ... interview/ 😉
I thought it was really interesting how he talked about getting into character by writing 'a book' about them.
(she/her)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by TRavine »

Have you people seen the new story up on AO3 by CorvidCordelia? Looks like this is their first N&S fic and it looks very promising! 😍
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:02 am Have you people seen the new story up on AO3 by CorvidCordelia? Looks like this is their first N&S fic and it looks very promising! 😍
Yes, I saw and I already read it. It's interesting and I will be to follow to it. Her stories first chapter reminded me my continue story's first chapter. So similar. 😁 Well, I like it. Can't wait for next chapter! :love
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Saw this in Twitter. So good. I wouldn't mind to buy him and I don't care how much he cost. Sorry, Margaret! 😏❤️ :rofl :rofl :rofl
Attachments
20221031_143336.jpg
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Philipaholt »

THATS ...hilarious
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by ColleenD »

Does anyone know if Nicholas' wife is ever named?

I can remember stupid things like the name of Aunt Shaw's dog but I can't remember if Higgins' wife was ever mentioned. :)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Philipaholt »

ColleenD wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:08 am Does anyone know if Nicholas' wife is ever named?

I can remember stupid things like the name of Aunt Shaw's dog but I can't remember if Higgins' wife was ever mentioned. :)
It's been a long time since I read the book...:/ But I don't think she was
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by merry »

:lol Fossy! That's so much fun. And a nice pic of John too! :love

'Fruit' :rofl
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:48 am :lol Fossy! That's so much fun. And a nice pic of John too! :love

'Fruit' :rofl
Yeah, it is. I love that pic and this fanart. Especially that text "Sexy Mill Owner"! :loveeyes :heart

And "Fruit" yeah... :rofl
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

North and South Chat

Post by TRavine »

Does anyone know which month exactly the Hales moved to Milton?

I could look it up, but I don't have the book with me atm. Must have been late summer/autumn right??