Richard Armitage's birthday August 22

mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Hey there!

Just putting it out there that it is RA's birthday tomorrow. He turns 52.

I'll probably make a cake/dessert tomorrow (it's not a dessert day in my house, but if I made something we'd all enjoy it). Nobody in my house will know WHY I'm making it, because it would be weird. I'll just keep it to myself.

But, what IS his favourite dessert or food or whatever....that we'll probably not know.

On the other hand...I have a zucchini I was gifted, and I need to use it up; I might make a lovely zucchini cake with it...with cream cheese icing/frosting.

ME
Last edited by mimosa on Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicoleEclectic

Post by NicoleEclectic »

I read a quote (attributed to RA, though who knows if he really said it) when he mentioned that one of the secrets of life was "lots of chocolate ice cream." So I'd say there's a distinct possibility that our lovely chap has a thing for chocolate ice cream. Not really something one can bake, of course.

I love your idea of making a dessert in honor of his birthday! I haven't baked a dessert in entirely too long, though I keep meaning to. I love dark chocolate desserts as well as fruity desserts, especially lemon. I'll eat almost anything if it's lemon-flavored. :)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Oh, it's his Birthday? This calls for a vegan muffin which I will devour in his name!! 😉

What a lovely idea to make something Mim! 😍❤️ I love it!!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

So first I decided to make that zucchini cake.

Then reading Nicole's comment made me think of a chocolate ice cream cake, because some of my kids are ambivalent about chocolate ice cream. AND I looked up a recipe and I was about to make it today. HOWEVER... I have kids with birthdays, one on Thursday and one on Monday. And I don't just make random desserts, not even on Sundays, although I'd actually like to.

So, I keep really nice ice cream in the freezer in a dark bag in my freezer. And I'll make that zucchini cake....that's not so random.

And I don't know how to upload a photo from my phone straight here...but it's on discord. It was Haagen-Dasz espresso chocolate cookie...with chocolate syrup drizzled on top. Ready to manage my day!

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Awww mim it sounds lovely!

Send the pic to Tom and he can send it to me and I will upload it here :) if you would be so good.

I love this topic!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Nicole, I love lemon desserts (lemon posset!) but Mr Merry says a 'pudding isn't pudding' unless it's chocolate :) preferably dark! I make a great chocolate mousse (when it comes out right!) :rolleyes
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:24 pm Awww mim it sounds lovely!

Send the pic to Tom and he can send it to me and I will upload it here :) if you would be so good.

I love this topic!
I probably could! Or I could try to send you a message from my phone...I even know how to do that...hahaha.

ME
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I love your idea of making a dessert in honor of his birthday! I haven't baked a dessert in entirely too long, though I keep meaning to. I love dark chocolate desserts as well as fruity desserts, especially lemon. I'll eat almost anything if it's lemon-flavored. :)
[/quote]

I am a baker. My specialty is Christmas cookies.

I also love lemon. I like lemon pie (and when I was a kid we made it lemon chiffon so that we didn't have to deal with baked meringue. I want to try a lemon sheet cake.

My favourite flavour is coffee.

And cheesecake. LOVE cheesecake.

ME
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

Had to share this one from FB today.
Attachments
Birthday.jpg
NicoleEclectic

Post by NicoleEclectic »

merry wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:25 pm Nicole, I love lemon desserts (lemon posset!) but Mr Merry says a 'pudding isn't pudding' unless it's chocolate :) preferably dark! I make a great chocolate mousse (when it comes out right!) :rolleyes

Mmm, preferrably dark indeed. I love me some dark chocolate. (I've made chocolate mousse a few times... or tried to... even the less-than-excellent attempts always taste great, at least!)

So the heat index got to a high of 121 degrees F today (just shy of 50 degrees C)... I thought it was the perfect opportunity to buy something frozen and chocolate in honor of Mr. Armitage. I bought a pint of dark chocolate truffle cashew milk frozen dessert. Not quite ice cream, but close enough. (Only I knew I was eating it for Richard's sake. For the rest of my family, the ridiculous heat was reason enough!)
mimosa wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:57 pm
I am a baker. My specialty is Christmas cookies.

I also love lemon. I like lemon pie (and when I was a kid we made it lemon chiffon so that we didn't have to deal with baked meringue. I want to try a lemon sheet cake.

My favourite flavour is coffee.

And cheesecake. LOVE cheesecake.

ME
I love coffee-flavored anything, too!

Ultimate it was too flippin' hot here to bake. I'm glad for any and all of you who could bake today!
ColleenD wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:31 am Had to share this one from FB today.
Colleen, this is gorgeous! Such a handsome man. :loveeyes

I just reread Mim's original post. I can't believe he's 52! That's only 3 years older than me. I can remember a time (it doesn't seem too long ago, lol) when all the actors I idolized were waaaaay older than me... :blush
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I saw it on Twitter and thought it was so great. Autumn made one with Cactus. And a few of us (not me) made mood boards, and I think they should all get posted here. HINT HINT, everyone!

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Oh coffee anything is wonderful! I adore coffee flavour. It goes specially well in those little cream puddings in pots. Or in buttercream. Or... anything really.

I brought home a 'coffee and garlic rub' for steak when I was last in America. I don't know why as I hate garlic :lol so I've not yet been brave enough to use it!

Thanks, mim :hugs you're a good soul.

Lucky Richard - these look delicious!

pud.jpg

icec.jpg
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I know RA's birthday was yesterday, but I wanted to share my John Thornton's swoonboard for his birthday! 🥰❤️
JT collage.jpg
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:06 pm I know RA's birthday was yesterday, but I wanted to share my John Thornton's swoonboard for his birthday! 🥰❤️
JT collage.jpg
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your John Thornton swoon board. Thank you so much for showing it here.

ME
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

mimosa wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:28 am
I saw it on Twitter and thought it was so great. Autumn made one with Cactus. And a few of us (not me) made mood boards, and I think they should all get posted here. HINT HINT, everyone!

ME
Haha yes, Cactus didn't want to be left out. :heart
Cactus Mood Board.jpg
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Aaaaaaaand

I totally missed the memo
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
NicoleEclectic

Post by NicoleEclectic »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:06 pm I know RA's birthday was yesterday, but I wanted to share my John Thornton's swoonboard for his birthday! 🥰❤️
JT collage.jpg
Oh so swoon-y!! :love
NicoleEclectic

Post by NicoleEclectic »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:43 am
mimosa wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:28 am

ME
Haha yes, Cactus didn't want to be left out. :heart
Cactus Mood Board.jpg
The cactus thing needs to be explained to me sometime... 😆
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

NicoleEclectic wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:28 am The cactus thing needs to be explained to me sometime... 😆
Forever Autumn wrote a comedy story about the Great Exhibition, a love potion, and a cactus, and it turned into an In Joke. Especially when she started to write follow up stories from the cactus' point of view. :love
https://archiveofourown.org/works/44464531
(she/her)
NicoleEclectic

Post by NicoleEclectic »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:47 am Forever Autumn wrote a comedy story about the Great Exhibition, a love potion, and a cactus, and it turned into an In Joke. Especially when she started to write follow up stories from the cactus' point of view. :love
https://archiveofourown.org/works/44464531
Thank you! I can tell I'm going to enjoy reading this. :love