Why are supermarket 'searches' so rubbish

The Good, the Bad and the Annoying.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

They are so bad I usually search on Google now for the item plus supermarket name, 'Tesco butter beans' or what have you

(Tesco own search tells you they have no butter beans, well they are selling something in tins with BUTTER BEANS on the label :rolleyes )

I think this one wins the prize though. I searched Tesco for 'Whitby Giant Scampi' and got this

search result
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

merry wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:14 pm They are so bad I usually search on Google now for the item plus supermarket name, 'Tesco butter beans' or what have you

(Tesco own search tells you they have no butter beans, well they are selling something in tins with BUTTER BEANS on the label :rolleyes )

I think this one wins the prize though. I searched Tesco for 'Whitby Giant Scampi' and got this

search result
🤣🤣🤣
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

Maybe they are doing this you make you smile.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Maybe the beans have asked for no publicity to prevent their relative niceness being discussed in charrooms.

I have the butter beans on my favourite lists and use that unless I want something new. I tried my own search just now and indeed no butter beans but in the list of nearest things after you scroll past all the baked beans there are butter beans. So very odd. Wonder what they have named them as on the searches.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

Asda are just the same. To find their own knock off versions of named brands is an art in itself. For instance, I like Jacobs Cheddars which are thin cheese biscuits in 150g packs. They cost £1.25 but Asda does an identical knock off for 25p less. To find it you have to specify "thins" in your search. :huh
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:14 pm They are so bad I usually search on Google now for the item plus supermarket name, 'Tesco butter beans' or what have you

search result
Bwahahahaha!! :rofl Good job. :clapping

ME