Fanfic ideas

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

I need creative input. Drop me ideas for comedy fics that can be done in a few chapters ;)
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

TRavine wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 pm I need creative input. Drop me ideas for comedy fics that can be done in a few chapters ;)
I was reading over some of our fics and got to thinking how much we like to take these characters and play with them which led me to sympathizing with the characters for all the emotions we put them through. This reminded me of a little ditty on fanfiction.net by Austen author Jack Caldwell, called Backstage at P&P (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12385024/1 ... -Prejudice). It is about what the characters of P&P do backstage while waiting to be called upon to act by us fanfic writers. Maybe you could do something of the like for N&S?
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

TRavine wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 pm I need creative input. Drop me ideas for comedy fics that can be done in a few chapters ;)
A misunderstanding over Christmas gifts?
Cross dressing?
Thornton and Higgins get up to Shenanigans?
(she/her)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

ColleenD wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:36 am
I was reading over some of our fics and got to thinking how much we like to take these characters and play with them which led me to sympathizing with the characters for all the emotions we put them through. This reminded me of a little ditty on fanfiction.net by Austen author Jack Caldwell, called Backstage at P&P (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12385024/1 ... -Prejudice). It is about what the characters of P&P do backstage while waiting to be called upon to act by us fanfic writers. Maybe you could do something of the like for N&S?
Oh, I like this idea. Sounds so great! 😃🤩
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by impossibleusay »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:01 am Thornton and Higgins get up to Shenanigans?
I have a desperate need for Shenanigans! Not sure what kind but I want!
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

impossibleusay wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:19 am
DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:01 am Thornton and Higgins get up to Shenanigans?
I have a desperate need for Shenanigans! Not sure what kind but I want!
Maybe the two could conspire to cause trouble for the other mill masters? Just spit-ballin'
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

A bedroom farce with lots of people coming out of doors unexpectedly?
(she/her)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:04 pm A bedroom farce with lots of people coming out of doors unexpectedly?
LOL Daisy, that's amazing!! :rofl :clapping
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

A bedroom farce with lots of people coming out of doors unexpectedly?
Oh god I love this idea SO MUCH!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

PenelopePitstop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 am How about a North and South mash up with "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (which I am currently watching on Netflix)?
Not sure how you would work it but Margaret could be the young ingenue, John could be the gamekeeper or just a loner returned from WW One who lives in an old cottage on the Estate. Margaret would not necessarily need to be married, just bit bored and curious visitor or recently moved to the local village.
Anyway, it's an idea....as long as there's a hea and plenty of "action" in the woods too! 😉
One of my New Years resolutions: I'm gonna do this one. It'll be up next after I finish my current slow-burn, I think. I don't have so much of an idea as to the exakt plot yet, but I'm having a very strong idea of the vibe. 😉
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 am
PenelopePitstop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 am How about a North and South mash up with "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (which I am currently watching on Netflix)?
Not sure how you would work it but Margaret could be the young ingenue, John could be the gamekeeper or just a loner returned from WW One who lives in an old cottage on the Estate. Margaret would not necessarily need to be married, just bit bored and curious visitor or recently moved to the local village.
Anyway, it's an idea....as long as there's a hea and plenty of "action" in the woods too! 😉
One of my New Years resolutions: I'm gonna do this one. It'll be up next after I finish my current slow-burn, I think. I don't have so much of an idea as to the exakt plot yet, but I'm having a very strong idea of the vibe. 😉
:clapping :clap :clapping
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 am
Wow, can't wait for it. :clap :love So I have my New Year resolution too - I will writing to my N&S continue story and after this I will write my new idea. Nothing more I'm not saying, just can reveal name and it's "Bride Against Her Will". So arm yourself with patience! 😁😃 :up :heart
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

I love all of the wonderful ideas our Millers have here!

All the recent hullabaloo has me thinking of some of my other ideas. I have one I wanted to bounce off you guys. It came to me when I was writing 'Dixon's Revenge' and is along that theme. You know me and the cross-over. I was thinking of crossing N&S with Arsenic and Old Lace. If anyone is interested it can be read here for free: Or you can get a summary on wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic_a ... ace_(play)

It is a morbid comedy where two old ladies murder depressed loners and their insane brother buries the bodies in their basement. Their sane nephew, who is recently engaged to their next door neighbor, discovers his aunts' homicidal tendencies and has to figure out what to do about it all.

Anyway, I would call mine Arsenic and an Old Maid, Dixon, therefore being the murderer. The set up of murders I have so far are as follows:

Dixon kills the landlord because he wouldn’t change the wall paper.
Dixon kills Boucher because he hurt Miss Margaret at the riot.
Dixon kills Leonards because he is a threat to Master Fred.
Dixon attempts to kill Mr. Thornton because as a lowly tradesman he is not worthy enough to marry Miss Margaret.
Dixon kills Mr. Hale for bringing them to Milton which she believes kills her mistress.
Dixon kills Mr. Bell when she hears that Margaret is to inherit all his estate.

I suppose I could have her kill Bessy for presuming to be friends with Miss Margaret and maybe Mrs. Boucher because she witnessed her killing Mr. Boucher. She could even kill Mrs. Hale to put her out of her misery.

My problem is how to make it a comedy. Or maybe I should just skip the comedy and make it a murder mystery. What do y'all think?
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:41 am I love all of the wonderful ideas our Millers have here!

All the recent hullabaloo has me thinking of some of my other ideas. I have one I wanted to bounce off you guys. It came to me when I was writing 'Dixon's Revenge' and is along that theme. You know me and the cross-over. I was thinking of crossing N&S with Arsenic and Old Lace. If anyone is interested it can be read here for free: Or you can get a summary on wiki here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic_a ... ace_(play)

It is a morbid comedy where two old ladies murder depressed loners and their insane brother buries the bodies in their basement. Their sane nephew, who is recently engaged to their next door neighbor, discovers his aunts' homicidal tendencies and has to figure out what to do about it all.

Anyway, I would call mine Arsenic and an Old Maid, Dixon, therefore being the murderer. The set up of murders I have so far are as follows:

Dixon attempts to kill Mr. Thornton because as a lowly tradesman he is not worthy enough to marry Miss Margaret.
Dixon kills Mr. Hale for bringing them to Milton which she believes kills her mistress.

I suppose I could have her kill Bessy for presuming to be friends with Miss Margaret and maybe Mrs. Boucher because she witnessed her killing Mr. Boucher. She could even kill Mrs. Hale to put her out of her misery.

My problem is how to make it a comedy. Or maybe I should just skip the comedy and make it a murder mystery. What do y'all think?
Wow, Colleen, how wonderful that you don't give up your writing. I'm so happy for it, love. 😃 :cuddle Well, this sounds so good and I would love to read it. It would be interesting to see comedy N&S and how Dixon will kill someone, but not John, please. I agree with other versions, but do not touch my love John! :lol
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:55 am
Wow, Colleen, how wonderful that you don't give up your writing. I'm so happy for it, love. 😃 :cuddle Well, this sounds so good and I would love to read it. It would be interesting to see comedy N&S and how Dixon will kill someone, but not John, please. I agree with other versions, but do not touch my love John! :lol
No, no, Fossy, we cannot kill off John, what would be the point in that? LOL
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:41 am I love all of the wonderful ideas our Millers have here!

Oh I LOVE it!!! 🤣🤣 There is actually an old movie adaptation starring Cary Grant. Haven't seen it in years, so I don't remember much. Thinking of how you could turn it into a comedy. 🤔😅 I wouldn't mind a murder-mystery either, whichever you come up with will be awesome! 😁😁
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Maybe John ends up being the detective/final girl in this?
(she/her)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:02 am
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:55 am
Oh, what a relief then. :lol But also don't touch Margaret too. In short, don't touch our lovebirds. To Dixon kill others! :rofl
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

A murderous Dixon sounds AMAZING!
:lol

My problem is how to make it a comedy
Colleen, you crack me up, howling here :rofl This sounds BRILLIANT so get writing!!!

"Bride Against Her Will" - Fossy! this sounds like a right-up-merry's-street story! :loveeyes

When I get my current MILLstone story off my back (see what I did there) I'm not sure which of my very many ideas to turn to next.. but I've started on a slowburn version of the story which Penny came up with where Margaret does a day's work in the mill and I do love a slow-burn, so that's going to be fun to write, and I want to write another soppy H/C story I have in mind, I just ooze with happiness over a good H/C wallow, but pushing its way rudely to the forefront is a story where.... John dies on page one... (don't panic, fossy!!! I think I've mentioned this one before, certainly in Chat I have.)

... but then he gets a chance to go back again and redo his life, making things go right this time. It would require watching the series all through -such hardship! making notes and identifying moments where It Went Wrong.

This is an obvious steal from Groundhog Day (I believe, not familiar with the film) and probably been done a number of times before in fics for various fandoms, hardly a unique idea but a good theme begs many variations.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 am "Bride Against Her Will" - Fossy! this sounds like a right-up-merry's-street story!
:rofl Well, merry, this story will be very different in that mean that there won't be slow-burn and forced marriage between our lovebirds. They'll have HEA ,but already in love. Although there will be feeling forced marriage presence, but how and why I'm not telling. Just need to wait and then you'll see. 😁
merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 am I want to write another soppy H/C story I have in mind, I just ooze with happiness over a good H/C wallow, but pushing its way rudely to the forefront is a story where.... John dies on page one... (don't panic, fossy!!! I think I've mentioned this one before, certainly in Chat I have.)

... but then he gets a chance to go back again and redo his life, making things go right this time. It would require watching the series all through -such hardship! making notes and identifying moments where It Went Wrong.
Wow, merry, can't wait for this story, although I'm not happy that you want to kill my love John, but I want H/C story from others while I will write mine (yes, that Bride story), so this will be very interesting and I will read it. And yes, you mentioned, but I forgot about it, so now you reminded it! :lol 😍
merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 am This is an obvious steal from Groundhog Day
I know this movie, but never watched it, so I don't know what is plot and what about is there, but it will be interesting I think! :up