Fanfic ideas

cashmeritan

Fanfic ideas

Post by cashmeritan »

Philipaholt wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:20 am
cashmeritan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:16 am So... now that I know that smut is accepted here. I've already finished one smutty drabble, and am thinking of making a perhaps nonlinear series out of it - called 'The Commanding Master'. Basically, moments where *ahem* Mr. Thornton plays the role of 'commanding master' in the bedroom, in a fully consensual manner (he needs Margaret to ask him to behave in such a way).

Yes, I'm a degenerate.

Would you guys be interested in reading something like that?

Also, question - should I hop on the chat sometime and say hi? Or, do you have a discord server everyone chats in?

Happy Friday! (it's 7:15pm here right now)

-Mary
Cash! Join the discord! I'm the host and my name is pippa#8735

But please do chat sometime too!
:(( your discord thingy didn't work for me! maybe you'll have better luck adding mine? ~*magical mystical marebear*~#3103
:elephant
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

cashmeritan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:16 am So... now that I know that smut is accepted here. I've already finished one smutty drabble, and am thinking of making a perhaps nonlinear series out of it - called 'The Commanding Master'. Basically, moments where *ahem* Mr. Thornton plays the role of 'commanding master' in the bedroom, in a fully consensual manner (he needs Margaret to ask him to behave in such a way).

Yes, I'm a degenerate.

Would you guys be interested in reading something like that?

Also, question - should I hop on the chat sometime and say hi? Or, do you have a discord server everyone chats in?

Happy Friday! (it's 7:15pm here right now)

-Mary
Oh, sounds so interesting, Mary. I would definitely love to read it. 😃❤️

Yes, you can to hop to chat. Girls already told you when and which time. Also you can hop in Discord too. You're welcome in both chats! :cuddle
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
MyWatchBegins
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by MyWatchBegins »

Malalaika wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:20 pm Hi, everyone! I just had an idea for a long time by now which consists of basically this: what if John had a reason to be jealous of Frederick? I mean, what if Frederick weren't Margaret's brother, but a former sweetheart (I think, lover would be too much) or the Hales took him in just as it was with Heathcliff. Such turn of events always made me wondering :?:
Hello there, Malalaika !
I was browsing this forum and your name seemed very familiar. Are you into the ASOIAF fandom as well? What I mean is your username malalaika23 on Ao3?
Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Malalaika's idea is very intriguing. I love stories where things get shaken up a little with a twist of the original here and there.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

I pining to do a “You’ve Got Mail” John and Maggie story. I’ve talked to Tom about it a bit. BUT I have too many things going on at the moment. It will have to wait. :sigh:
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm I pining to do a “You’ve Got Mail” John and Maggie story. I’ve talked to Tom about it a bit. BUT I have too many things going on at the moment. It will have to wait. :sigh:
Whenever you get to it...I'll be here for it! :D
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Vandraren »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm I pining to do a “You’ve Got Mail” John and Maggie story. I’ve talked to Tom about it a bit. BUT I have too many things going on at the moment. It will have to wait. :sigh:
Ooooh, I love that idea!!! :loveeyes
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

Vandraren wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:56 pm
Ooooh, I love that idea!!! :loveeyes
I'm glad. IT'll be a romp for sure. And I LOVE a good John and MAggie Romp
MacSwell

Fanfic ideas

Post by MacSwell »

Looking forward to this!

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve gotten a new job and had a sick kid so RL has been kicking my arse! Things are settling down now though so hopefully I’ll be able to engage more.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

MacSwell wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:59 am
Looking forward to this!

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve gotten a new job and had a sick kid so RL has been kicking my arse! Things are settling down now though so hopefully I’ll be able to engage more.
Sorry about your crazy life situation; glad to see you back.

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

Looking forward to this!

I;ve decided to do this next after I finish FITYMI
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:46 pm
Looking forward to this!

I;ve decided to do this next after I finish FITYMI
I'm still crying!!!!!! :sob :sob
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by anywhereis »

I know this is a dark thought but it has been on my mind these last few days

what if Leonards actually caught Frederick at the train station..or even worse, Thornton (unknowingly) got Frederick caught (out of magistrate duties or petty jealousy) while not knowing he’s Margaret’s brother?

Never mind, I just need to let it out because I can’t even imagine the sadness that Mr. Hale and Margaret will go through. I can’t bear to write a story about it :sob
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Vandraren »

That is a very interesting idea! It would certainly be a nerve-wracking story!

Or what if they capture Frederick later, in London and, since Margaret lied to the police, she is also taken into arrest or whatever would happen to someone who lies about such a thing. That would be one hell of a trainwreck. But as long as there is a happy ending I'd love to read it 😉
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by anywhereis »

Imagine John’s guilt if he realized that he was responsible (indirectly) for Frederick’s arrest. But I also imagine dear Margaret would forgive John because he didn’t know that Frederick was Margaret’s brother. At this point, this is more like torturing John to the next level
Vandraren wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:04 pm That is a very interesting idea! It would certainly be a nerve-wracking story!

Or what if they capture Frederick later, in London and, since Margaret lied to the police, she is also taken into arrest or whatever would happen to someone who lies about such a thing. That would be one hell of a trainwreck. But as long as there is a happy ending I'd love to read it 😉
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

anywhereis wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:06 pm Imagine John’s guilt if he realized that he was responsible (indirectly) for Frederick’s arrest. But I also imagine dear Margaret would forgive John because he didn’t know that Frederick was Margaret’s brother. At this point, this is more like torturing John to the next level
Vandraren wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:04 pm That is a very interesting idea! It would certainly be a nerve-wracking story!

OMG......John doesn't need more torturing....BUT.....the potential
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

Hi guys!

Things have been busy here lately and will continue to be - summer in Alaska. But I came up with a new fanfic idea that I wanted to share. I will be adding this one to my list of future fics.

I have yet to read The Screwtape Letters (it's on my tbr), but I am tentatively calling this a N&S-Screwtape Letters crossover. I imagine some evil demon watching over J&M and throwing all those obstacles up between them (Stephens, illness, death, riot, Frederick, Leonards, misunderstandings galore...) preventing them from getting together. There would be the triumph of Margaret's fall from grace. But of course, in the end, love conquers all.

What do you think?
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

ColleenD wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:23 am Hi guys!

Things have been busy here lately and will continue to be - summer in Alaska. But I came up with a new fanfic idea that I wanted to share. I will be adding this one to my list of future fics.

I have yet to read The Screwtape Letters (it's on my tbr), but I am tentatively calling this a N&S-Screwtape Letters crossover. I imagine some evil demon watching over J&M and throwing all those obstacles up between them (Stephens, illness, death, riot, Frederick, Leonards, misunderstandings galore...) preventing them from getting together. There would be the triumph of Margaret's fall from grace. But of course, in the end, love conquers all.
You should totally do it! The Screwtape Letters are a great read - I often wonder how much Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman were influenced by them when they wrote Good Omens. (Crowley and Screwtape seem to have comfortably similar ideas about what sins will really screw you over.) I used to have a ripping audio book version narrated by John Clees, way back when we used magnetic tapes Like Men. It's probably around on the internet somewhere, if you like narrations.
(she/her)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Are you coping OK with the wildfires? Are they out your way?
(she/her)
maembe13

Fanfic ideas

Post by maembe13 »

Finally found this list you all were referring to. Woohoo! Love reading through these! Also, now I can jot ideas down too.

Idea 1: John is still a draper’s assistant when he meets Margaret. (Maybe Mr. Hale left Helstone earlier?)

Idea 2: Early on, when Mrs. Hale mentions that handsome Helstone carriage maker who Margaret thinks is too shoppy- what would have happened if they stayed in Helstone and Mr. Hale never left? I.e. who would Margaret have become without the influences of Milton?

Idea 3: Frederick never joins the navy. He is still around and an active part of the Hale’s lives

Idea 4: Margaret goes to Corfu with the Lennoxes. She has to endure the mortification of their response to her father’s change of circumstances. She misses the formative times in Helstone and early Milton. All she knows of John and Milton come through letters. She first arrives in Milton during Mrs. Hale’s illness.

Idea 5: someone please let Bessy live????? Is there a way? A bessy-centered story where she gets some form of redemption and her own life?

Idea 6: Margaret is Mrs Shaw’s daughter. She grew up entirely in London. How does this change Margaret?

Idea 7: John’s father lives. He perseveres after his financial failure and is still around by the time Margaret moves to Milton.

Idea8: the Global North and Global South. A modernized version of the tale.
Last edited by maembe13 on Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.