Fanfic ideas

merry

500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Basic idea: I would love to write Margaret's private journal where she documents her life in milton and inevitably how she gradually falls in love with John. Since Margaret does draw, I would love for her to illustrate her journal.
I LOVE this idea, and illustrated TOO it would just be a knock-us-all-out-of-the-park story! :love

(sadly I can't draw to save my life - I do hope you get a volunteer!!)

I had a great idea today (probably not a serious one :D - but I reckon I can write John and Margaret's story in smilies :lol unfortunately can't figure out how to do it except on my phone - not enough smilies on the board.)
"We see the storm on the horizon and draw in our sails." - Elizabeth Gaskell
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:02 pm I had a great idea today (probably not a serious one - but I reckon I can write John and Margaret's story in smilies unfortunately can't figure out how to do it except on my phone - not enough smilies on the board.)
Wow, this also sounds good, merry. It would be interesting to see our lovebirds story like that. 😃😁 Unfortunately, I don't know where to find more of smilies, but maybe try in Google find them like emoji. It's only what I can advise! :blush
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
merry

500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Thank you, Forsteriaana! we'll see!
n true this idea about private journal/diary like me very much and I already also thought about it and maybe I'll write it, but it will be diary with Margaret's thoughts. Somehow I want to write her diary more than John's, but I would love both their diaries/journals!
I so want you to write this, too! :love
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:53 pm Thank you, Forsteriaana! we'll see!
You're welcome, merry. Good luck! 😃 :cuddle
merry wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:53 pm I so want you to write this, too!
Thank you very much, merry, for this to. :cuddle Aw, that is very nice. Well, I'll try. I really so want to write this. :love Need to mark this idea in my notebook! 😁
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

So, I was rereading "Finding Mr. Thornton", a collections of fanfiction stories by a number of authors. I have some favourites in there, especially the last two stories.

The premise is rewriting the last scenes/chapters of the book. One author, Nancy Klein, writes from Margaret's perspective. Trudy Brasure writes from John's perspective with a snippet of Hannah's. NOW...first I thought they had planned it and maybe they did. I also thought they were sort of concurrent. But they are not the same. The reactions are different. But it's close, so that makes it enjoyable. Where Margaret looks up in one, she looks down in another. Or she is sad in one and normal or cheerful in another.

What would be cool, is to have two authors kind of do that. Same stories, same plot line, but those little details have to be the same, even if Margaret and John interpret it differently as per the author's creativity. It also kind of means that the authors have to work together a bit more, maybe have a similar writing strategy and style.

It's similar to Pippa and her friend's Othello story...but then still the same scene or group of scenes.

Just a thought.

ME
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

mimosa wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:45 am So, I was rereading "Finding Mr. Thornton", a collections of fanfiction stories by a number of authors. I have some favourites in there, especially the last two stories.

The premise is rewriting the last scenes/chapters of the book. One author, Nancy Klein, writes from Margaret's perspective. Trudy Brasure writes from John's perspective with a snippet of Hannah's. NOW...first I thought they had planned it and maybe they did. I also thought they were sort of concurrent. But they are not the same. The reactions are different. But it's close, so that makes it enjoyable. Where Margaret looks up in one, she looks down in another. Or she is sad in one and normal or cheerful in another.

What would be cool, is to have two authors kind of do that. Same stories, same plot line, but those little details have to be the same, even if Margaret and John interpret it differently as per the author's creativity. It also kind of means that the authors have to work together a bit more, maybe have a similar writing strategy and style.

It's similar to Pippa and her friend's Othello story...but then still the same scene or group of scenes.

Just a thought.

ME
Oh, yes, I had read it too and last two stories is also my favorites. I like how these are write too. Love them. :love And I like your idea, mimosa. It's wonderful. I think I could write one from Margaret's perspective, cuz I like to describe her thoughts and emotions. :heart I think other writer could be Tom or merry, cuz I like they writing style, but most cool be of it will be Tom. 😁 But it's only my thoughts! :blush And I have idea too for continue story after book ending! :heart
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

I was rereading "Finding Mr. Thornton", a collections of fanfiction stories by a number of authors. I have some favourites in there, especially the last two stories.
And now I'm wondering how I've never read this...is it on A03?

Also your idea sounds lovely. I love perspective shifts especially when you get the same "story" but two ways
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:38 am And now I'm wondering how I've never read this...is it on A03?
No, it's in Amazon Kindle. There you can buy paperwork or digital and read it. It's really worth to buy, cuz it's amazing. I love it! :loveeyes
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:02 am
Philipaholt wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:38 am And now I'm wondering how I've never read this...is it on A03?
No, it's in Amazon Kindle. There you can buy paperwork or digital and read it. It's really worth to buy, cuz it's amazing. I love it! :loveeyes
I THINK (?) that's how I first got started in fanfiction. This book.

I couldn't handle modern (that has changed now, obvs), time travel took some getting used to (now I love it)...and humour I don't get...I still can't read Damaris Osborne...maybe that also takes getting used to. Anyway...it's been read several times over, and I have all the N&S books by those authors on my kindle, plus others. Two of them write P&P fanfiction only. And I haven't really let myself go into other ff genres...which is why crossovers are hard for me if I don't know the "other" story (e.g. Castlevania, for example, thinking of one of ColleenD's stories). Although, I do read the Armitage stories, and Robin Hood is one that I can relate to.

ME
ColleenD
200 Posts
200 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

mimosa wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:11 pm Castlevania, for example, thinking of one of ColleenD's stories
You read my Castlevania story? Thank you! :D
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

ColleenD wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:10 pm
mimosa wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:11 pm Castlevania, for example, thinking of one of ColleenD's stories
You read my Castlevania story? Thank you! :D
I have. Although I have no understanding of what's going on from the vampire topic...because I have 0 interest in that. My kids have seen the movie, I believe, but I am not a movie person...or at least I am very selective. I have not even watched the whole of "It's a Wonderful Life" although I've read that story of yours as well.

ME
ColleenD
200 Posts
200 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

TRavine wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:04 am Need Help!!!

Okay everyone, so I have this idea for a story that I can't really do alone, and I'm looking for people who can DRAW! 😅😅

Basic idea: I would love to write Margaret's private journal where she documents her life in milton and inevitably how she gradually falls in love with John. Since Margaret does draw, I would love for her to illustrate her journal. (That's probably a long project, lol).

Anyone of you into drawing or know anyone who likes N&S and can draw? (It can be multiple different people, because it probably would be a lot of work for one person). I asked the lovely Avid_fan_of_North_and_South already. Don't know if they have time/interest (still waiting for an answer).
I told my "illustrator" about your fanfic idea and asked if she might be interested in drawing for it. She said she didn't think she would be the right person for the job since it takes her months just to finish one drawing.

I will say though, that I do believe I have seen people on AO3 who have posted drawings of J&M (some of them rather risque). You might consider contacting them.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:20 pm
I told my "illustrator" about your fanfic idea and asked if she might be interested in drawing for it. She said she didn't think she would be the right person for the job since it takes her months just to finish one drawing.

I will say though, that I do believe I have seen people on AO3 who have posted drawings of J&M (some of them rather risque). You might consider contacting them.
Oh thank you so much for asking Colleen!! That's really kind! I have contacted the illustrators of AO3 and lovely Avid Fan of North and South has agreed to help me out. I might invite some more illustrators and kind of make it a group project, so if anyone comes across anyone who could be interested, do tell them about it, please.

It will be a while until I can do that project. I've got two stories which are more or less "stuck" atm. (One of them being the Christmas one, which I need to figure out before I can do anything else.)
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Oh how lovely! an illustrated story!
'Since Margaret does draw'
... I thought that was a wonderful idea!

I'm writing this here before I forget it. Tom said tonight half-joking i think that a N&S/Titanic crossover would be fun... and wouldn't it???

Miss Margaret Hale, pampered heiress in First.... meets blue-eyed black-haired John, in Steerage....
"I want you to draw me like one of your French girls....."
:D

(if anyone writes this, do NOT tell me about it unless she FINDS ROOM FOR HIM ON THAT BLOODY RAFT ok??)
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 pm Oh how lovely! an illustrated story!

I'm writing this here before I forget it. Tom said tonight half-joking i think that a N&S/Titanic crossover would be fun... and wouldn't it???

Miss Margaret Hale, pampered heiress in First.... meets blue-eyed black-haired John, in Steerage....

(if anyone writes this, do NOT tell me about it unless she FINDS ROOM FOR HIM ON THAT BLOODY RAFT ok??)
:rofl
ColleenD
200 Posts
200 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

I am with Pippa on this one. That's hysterical! :rofl
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:27 pm
merry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 pm Oh how lovely! an illustrated story!

I have this weird gut feeling that Pippa would let him drown...just to spite us! 😉😜😂
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:39 pm
Philipaholt wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:27 pm
merry wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:21 pm Oh how lovely! an illustrated story! ... I thought that was a wonderful idea!

I have this weird gut feeling that Pippa would let him drown...just to spite us! 😉😜😂
You little .... Tom, while you may be entirely correct, it's not nice to accuse people of things they've NOT DONE ....YET 🤣😇😬
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

what a fun idea!

I'd have to refresh my Titanic watching...it's been a beastly long time, probably 25 years. Do I want to watch it again? Yikes. Maybe just a YT review or few with songs. .

ME
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

mimosa wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:41 am what a fun idea!

I'd have to refresh my Titanic watching...it's been a beastly long time, probably 25 years. Do I want to watch it again? Yikes. Maybe just a YT review or few with songs. .

ME
If a YT review is available, I always do that.