Fanfic ideas

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

So, I thought, why not make story ideas easily accessible to all writers in a dedicated thread?

The idea is that, whether you are a writer yourself, or a dedicated reader, who has a cool story idea you would love to see realized, just post your idea (maybe with a short description) here.

(Other) writers can then go through the topic and find inspiration for new fics. This way, we can all work together to increase the number of stories in the N&S fandom and people will have a chance at having their ideas realized.

Of course, one idea can be picked up by multiple writers as well, so we might get different versions.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Fantastic idea for a topic, everything I think is potentially good and inspiring about a forum like this - thank you.

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I need a spark to set me off. It can just be a few words, or a concept or.. whatever

Someone had an idea (Pippa?) in the oldboard of

Snowed In (at Christmas)

See if we can add more.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

I've always had this idea in the back of my head of a period AU where Margaret is a worker at the mill.

Haven't found a realistic (aka "historically accurate-able" :lol: ) way to realize that trope (yet). But maybe one of y'all might one day find a way to do it!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Very good idea for topic, Tom. :clap Well, I haven't in mind a some fanfic idea now, but there's still is Snowed In and The Nightdress fanfics. My The Nightdress story is in the way! 😁
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
PenelopePitstop

Fanfic ideas

Post by PenelopePitstop »

Re Margaret working at Mill. Maybe she agrees to accompany Bessie to work to find out what working in a mill is all about. Margaret has her hair covered, dirt smudges on her face and is wearing old clothes. She goes by yhe name "Peggy". At this point, she has not met Thornton. She intervenes in the Stephens pipe incident now knowing the danger of pipes in the mill. Thornton is bewildered by this new worker " Margaret scarpers off before too many questions can be asked.
A few weeks later, Thornton officially meets Margaret when she is scrubbed up clean in her pretty lace dress, serving him to tea in the Hale's parlour...let the fireworks begin when he realises he's seen her before...
All unlikely I know but in the realms of fanfiction just about plausible, and full of potential sexual tension to exploit between our lovely couple....😉
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Re Margaret working at Mill. Maybe she agrees to accompany Bessie to work to find out what working in a mill is all about. Margaret has her hair covered, dirt smudges on her face and is wearing old clothes. She goes by yhe name "Peggy". At this point, she has not met Thornton. She intervenes in the Stephens pipe incident now knowing the danger of pipes in the mill. Thornton is bewildered by this new worker " Margaret scarpers off before too many questions can be asked.
A few weeks later, Thornton officially meets Margaret when she is scrubbed up clean in her pretty lace dress, serving him to tea in the Hale's parlour...let the fireworks begin when he realises he's seen her before...
All unlikely I know but in the realms of fanfiction just about plausible, and full of potential sexual tension to exploit between our lovely couple....😉
Penelope, I am thoroughly intrigued!! 😍😍 I suppose that would be another novel-sized one, if I wrote it. 😅😂 Do tell me more details about it, if you come up with anything. I'll think this one over and see about the possibilities. 😁😁
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

What a fantastic idea, Penny! I am really POOR at coming up with ideas. You don't know how useful it is to have someone post an idea, a thought, even a few words, which we can all attempt to hang a story on! Thank you!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

PenelopePitstop wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:16 pm Re Margaret working at Mill. Maybe she agrees to accompany Bessie to work to find out what working in a mill is all about. Margaret has her hair covered, dirt smudges on her face and is wearing old clothes. She goes by yhe name "Peggy". At this point, she has not met Thornton. She intervenes in the Stephens pipe incident now knowing the danger of pipes in the mill. Thornton is bewildered by this new worker " Margaret scarpers off before too many questions can be asked.
Wow, this is amazing and very intrigue. Really very good idea for fanfic story, Penelope. I love it! :loveeyes ❤️
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I've written a story in letters and am currently writing one in which letters, or short notes at least, are involved. It's only a short section of a very long story, but I am enjoying the challenge of making a very few words say a LOT.

Which got me thinking - I wonder if one could do a story entirely in text messages?? It would have to be humorous I suppose and might (not necessarily) have to be a modern John and Margaret (Maggie ;)

Anyway, parking it here in case anyone fancies writing it. And/or to remind me to.
Rly soz about this morning. Caught me @ bad time. Killer headache etc - !! :? Hope wasn't 2 harsh?

2 HARSH?! :o :evil:
:-P
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

Which got me thinking - I wonder if one could do a story entirely in text messages?? It would have to be humorous I suppose and might (not necessarily) have to be a modern John and Margaret (Maggie ;)
Oh, I think Philipa could do wonders with this idea and her modern J&M!
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

She definitely could! :clapping
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

She definitely could!
Merry, should we add a 'pretty please?' and maybe she will give it a shot?
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

I agree; she could pull it off. She's got the best modern J&M ever...I've found only one other than hers I could appreciate.

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

An ENTIRE story in text messages.

You lot have a wee bit more faith in me than I think I've got :lol:
I think I could manage a one shot or possibly a two shot.
Any particular scenario you'd like to see to start me off? (It'll be challenging I think because my John absolutely hates texting 🤣)

I might be able to turn into a SOULMATES thing? What do you think?
I agree; she could pull it off. She's got the best modern J&M ever...I've found only one other than hers I could appreciate.
That's...the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Thank you ❤️ I'm really keen to read the other modern you appreciate
ColleenD wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:48 pm
She definitely could!
Colleen, I accept bribes. 🤗🤭😉
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

She will do it. I am writing a comedy Time Traveller to please her. Tit for tat and all that :)

(is that anything to do with tittle-tattle? Tom will know.
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

Any particular scenario you'd like to see to start me off?
Philipa,

Ok, I'll grant you the one or two shot thing (or a chapter). You might be able to do it in FITYMI. Maybe M&J texting back and forth about Edith's wedding, or their next date?

Or maybe a chapter in 'You Love Me' with an older J&M, maybe texting about their kids, or planning a date night.

I like the soulmate idea. I'll have to think on that one and see if I can come up with an idea though.

Thanks for humoring us :D
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

Or maybe a chapter in 'You Love Me' with an older J&M, maybe texting about their kids, or planning a date night.
Oh. I LOVE that
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

(is that anything to do with tittle-tattle? Tom will know.
😂😂😂 You flatter me, Seb!

The expression "tit for tat" actually started off as "tip for tap," where "tip" refers to a light strike or blow. With that, it's not too difficult to see how a "tip" could be exchanged for a "tap," just like a "blow for a blow" or a "strike for a strike."

And yes, I googled that! 😉😂

Oh YES we NEED Pippa to write it!!! That would be awesome.

I just recalled something else. There is an Austrian novel called "Gut gegen Nordwind" ("Good against northern wind") which was a bestseller a few years ago. It's about a woman who writes an email-complaint to a newspaper, only she has the wrong email address and unintentionally sends it to a random business man. He replies and they start emailing back and forth until...of course...they fall in love. 😉 Might also be something that could be done in N&S style. 🤔
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:39 pm I've written a story in letters and am currently writing one in which letters, or short notes at least, are involved. It's only a short section of a very long story, but I am enjoying the challenge of making a very few words say a LOT.

Wow, I love this. I'll be looking forward, merry. I'm already interesting in it. Can't wait read it! :loveeyes
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

There is an Austrian novel called "Gut gegen Nordwind" ("Good against northern wind") which was a bestseller a few years ago. It's about a woman who writes an email-complaint to a newspaper, only she has the wrong email address and unintentionally sends it to a random business man. He replies and they start emailing back and forth until...of course...they fall in love. 😉 Might also be something that could be done in N&S style. 🤔
I like this idea Tom! And it already has that 'north' vibe in the title!