Fanfic ideas

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Kaybell wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:41 pm
TRavine wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:15 pm
Kaybell wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:46 pm I am beyond thrilled that I found a place to post fic ideas that I’ve always wanted to write, but am not talented enough/patient enough to do so. I actually attempted to write this one, but didn't get very far. So…
o
Oh wow!!! I LOVE that idea!!! I bet one could really work with it. Have you started writing it? Any idea what John's novel could be about?

This thread is wonderful. I got the idea for my current crossover from here, and I think some other stories were picked up from here as well in the past.
I was hoping some wonderful writer on here might want to write it. I attempted to write it, but it wasn’t good at all. I think it’s something more complex, detailed, and time consuming than I am capable of. So, if there are any takers, feel free to grab the idea!
I would definitely consider attempting something somewhere down the line. It could be a while, because I'm not writing for the next few months because I have a school degree to finish in June and need to work on that, and afterwards I have another story prepared to be written, but after the Summer, it is very likely that I will be looking for new ideas and this one certainly sounds very intriguing! Unless someone else snatches it up before me. Or...as has happened before...multiple people do and write their individual versions, which is also a cool thing.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Kaybell

Fanfic ideas

Post by Kaybell »

TRavine wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:34 pm
Kaybell wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:41 pm
TRavine wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:15 pm

Oh wow!!! I LOVE that idea!!! I bet one could really work with it. Have you started writing it? Any idea what John's novel could be about?

This thread is wonderful. I got the idea for my current crossover from here, and I think some other stories were picked up from here as well in the past.
I was hoping some wonderful writer on here might want to write it. I attempted to write it, but it wasn’t good at all. I think it’s something more complex, detailed, and time consuming than I am capable of. So, if there are any takers, feel free to grab the idea!
I would definitely consider attempting something somewhere down the line. It could be a while, because I'm not writing for the next few months because I have a school degree to finish in June and need to work on that, and afterwards I have another story prepared to be written, but after the Summer, it is very likely that I will be looking for new ideas and this one certainly sounds very intriguing! Unless someone else snatches it up before me. Or...as has happened before...multiple people do and write their individual versions, which is also a cool thing.
If you do pick it up, I’d love to read it. You’re a fantastic writer!
Good luck with your degree in the meantime!
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I've often written stories just on the back of an idea posted in the Mill. (Penny!! :heart )

Love stories told in letters is one of my favourite themes. Great idea, kaybell!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Kaybell

Fanfic ideas

Post by Kaybell »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:46 pm I've often written stories just on the back of an idea posted in the Mill. (Penny!! :heart )

Love stories told in letters is one of my favourite themes. Great idea, kaybell!
Thank you, merry! I am still so excited that I have found you all on here to actually discuss N&S.

I also LOVE when M&J talk through letters. It’s kind of a taboo “alone time” that they are able to get without society knowing, or judging. There’s also something slightly scandalous about it, which I’m a fan of. :rofl

I just recently read a fic in which they wrote letters back and forth. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

Kaybell wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:33 am
merry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:46 pm I've often written stories just on the back of an idea posted in the Mill. (Penny!! :heart )

Thank you, merry! I am still so excited that I have found you all on here to actually discuss N&S.

I also LOVE when M&J talk through letters. It’s kind of a taboo “alone time” that they are able to get without society knowing, or judging. There’s also something slightly scandalous about it, which I’m a fan of. :rofl

I just recently read a fic in which they wrote letters back and forth. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
merry wrote "The Plato Letters", if you haven't read them.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/39305 ... s/98359854

But yes, letters are fun.

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Today at work I thought about our RH watching party and in my mind came a new story idea - N&S and RH crossover. So the idea is that John and Guy are twin brothers. They met Margaret, but not together. So Margaret doesn't know the fact that they're brothers. John falling in love with her, of course, but Guy is obsessed with her and wants to possess her (or doing what he was doing with Marian in RH), but he is gentle and kind with her so she hasn't any suspicion about his true intentions. She likes Guy, but he pretends to be John, not himself to get Margaret to fall for him. She is so enchanted by Guy that she starts falling in love with him. John is heartbroken, angry and jealous and is trying to do anything to make Margaret see who is who and what Guy in truth wants to do with her. Well, something like this. I don't know. It's just that there's no one N&S and RH crossover story but I wish there would. So if anyone is interested in writing this then do it! 😊😂
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by anywhereis »

I just had this very dark idea for a story (topics : suicide) please don't kill me 🫣😞

So the story started with classic "Outwood station caused me to marry Mr. Thornton" trope, but it gets complicated because Mrs. Thornton keep insulting Margaret, Fanny who lamented that she would prefer Ann Latimer as a sister-in-law, even John who keeps misunderstanding Margaret, and few other problems.

Margaret, out of hopelessness and revenge to John, decided to *did what the late Mr. Thornton did* 😔

This would be a dream/hallucination but it felt too real. I wonder if I should really make it considering thinking about this alone already made me sad 😕
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

anywhereis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 pm I just had this very dark idea for a story (topics : suicide) please don't kill me 🫣😞

So the story started with classic "Outwood station caused me to marry Mr. Thornton" trope, but it gets complicated because Mrs. Thornton keep insulting Margaret, Fanny who lamented that she would prefer Ann Latimer as a sister-in-law, even John who keeps misunderstanding Margaret, and few other problems.

Margaret, out of hopelessness and revenge to John, decided to *did what the late Mr. Thornton did* 😔

This would be a dream/hallucination but it felt too real. I wonder if I should really make it considering thinking about this alone already made me sad 😕
Gosh, what a SAD story that would be. I almost wouldn't want it to be written, but if you want to...you should. Even if it's just for you and you never share it.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

anywhereis wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 pm I just had this very dark idea for a story (topics : suicide) please don't kill me 🫣😞

I say write it if you feel like it should be written. We should explore as many creative ideas as possible. 🥰
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by anywhereis »

I've had a couple of ideas as not to make the story even sadder than it should be. I want to touch on a topic of how we respond to our emotions, managing life pressure, which I think kind of relevant to John and Margaret, as they think and react differently. When you feel the whole world is against you, you could feel hopeless and feel that there's no way out, which is in Margaret's case

I need to do a research on psychiatry in Victorian era :ohwell
Dorkomatic

Fanfic ideas

Post by Dorkomatic »

First post here.

I am not a writer but I have had this idea stuck in my head for awhile. I would love for someone to pick it up.

- takes place sometime after Margret leaves Milton.
- do to financial circumstances Margret marries Mr. Bell
- Mr. Bell wants an heir but is too old to get it up - offers Thornton enough money to save the mill in exchange for him fathering child with Margaret that Mr. Bell will claim as his own.
- Margret still doesn't like Mr. Thornton but accepts the arraignment because she wants a child.
- they don't get pregnant on the first try so there are plenty of months for opportunity for some plot and more smut.
- maybe a jealous Margret because Mr. Thornton is courting other women despite their secret arraignment.
- Margret gets pregnant
- Mr. Bell dies, leaves everything to Margret and baby, and the mill to Mr. Thornton
- hea for Margret and John

Any takers?
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Dorkomatic wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:47 am First post here.

I am not a writer but I have had this idea stuck in my head for awhile. I would love for someone to pick it up.

- Mr. Bell wants an heir but is too old to get it up - offers Thornton enough money to save the mill in exchange for him fathering child with Margaret that Mr. Bell will claim as his own.
- Margret still doesn't like Mr. Thornton but accepts the arraignment because she wants a child.
- they don't get pregnant on the first try so there are plenty of months for opportunity for some plot and more smut.
- maybe a jealous Margret because Mr. Thornton is courting other women despite their secret arraignment.
- Margret gets pregnant
- Mr. Bell dies, leaves everything to Margret and baby, and the mill to Mr. Thornton

Any takers?
Oh gosh!! 😍😍 That definitely hasn't been done yet. It's edgy and I LOVE edgy!!! Someone should write it!! First person who comes to mind for this type of fic is Merry! 😉 I can see her pulling this off brilliantly. But any other Miller would certainly do a great job as well. Heck, I would even attempt it myself, but I won't be able to do another new fic until the end of the year because I habe a thesis to write and then one more fic on the go. (But if nobody else has picked it up until then, I could see myself trying it, no promises that I could pull it off though).
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by dianakc »

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?
Hi Dorkomatic!
What a great idea! Gosh I really hope someone picks it up. I'm not a smut writer (yet??) so this needs someone else, but I'd LOVE to read it xx
Dorkomatic

Fanfic ideas

Post by Dorkomatic »

TRavine wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:41 am

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?
Oh gosh!! 😍😍 That definitely hasn't been done yet. It's edgy and I LOVE edgy!!! Someone should write it!! First person who comes to mind for this type of fic is Merry! 😉 I can see her pulling this off brilliantly. But any other Miller would certainly do a great job as well. Heck, I would even attempt it myself, but I won't be able to do another new fic until the end of the year because I habe a thesis to write and then one more fic on the go. (But if nobody else has picked it up until then, I could see myself trying it, no promises that I could pull it off though).
I will be keeping my eye out for it!!! I really hope someone picks this up!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?
Hi, Dorkomatic. Welcome here. :wave

Reading your idea I remembered two stories which was similar to this, but without pregnancy thing. Well, sounds good and I would love to read although I don't like that Margaret would marry Mr. Bell, but it gives some drama and intrigue to this story. So that's why I would enjoy it. 😃 And I would love to try to write it, but unfortunately, I'm busy with my book writing. I agree with Tom that Merry would write this. She would do it perferct, but also Tom would make this great. I hope there will be someone who will take this and write. Fingers crossed! 😍🤞
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Thank you, Fossy and Tom, for the vote :D :grouphug

I do like to write a story with a bit of edge it's true (and a lot of soppy romantic stuff as well) - I'll definitely have a think about this one and hope that others do too.

It's lovely we have so many ideas in here. No-one ever need go short of a prompt if they get stuck for a kicking-off point!

Great idea, Dorkomatic and welcome to the Mill! so great to see you here :hugs
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:46 am

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?

Reading your idea I remembered two stories which was similar to this, but without pregnancy thing. Well, sounds good and I would love to read although I don't like that Margaret would marry Mr. Bell, but it gives some drama and intrigue to this story. So that's why I would enjoy it. 😃 And I would love to try to write it, but unfortunately, I'm busy with my book writing. I agree with Tom that Merry would write this. She would do it perferct, but also Tom would make this great. I hope there will be someone who will take this and write. Fingers crossed! 😍🤞
Fossy, I'm pretty good at remembering stories or know where to look, but now my mind went blank...do you remember which ones those were again?

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:02 pm Thank you, Fossy and Tom, for the vote :D :grouphug

I do like to write a story with a bit of edge it's true (and a lot of soppy romantic stuff as well) - I'll definitely have a think about this one and hope that others do too.

It's lovely we have so many ideas in here. No-one ever need go short of a prompt if they get stuck for a kicking-off point!

Great idea, Dorkomatic and welcome to the Mill! so great to see you here :hugs
Oh Merry....you would do this wonderfully! DO Do try it
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?
Wonderful, edgy idea. My word. I vote Merry or Maj. There

And welcome Dorko. We're so very happy to have you. I'm Pippa, and...well....we're all a bit crazy for N&S here. I'm sure you'll have fun here!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

mimosa wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:00 pm
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:46 am

- Margret gets pregnant

Any takers?

Fossy, I'm pretty good at remembering stories or know where to look, but now my mind went blank...do you remember which ones those were again?

ME
This is one of them - https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10546999/1/ who is unfinished, but can't remember that other's title and author. Only remember that I read them both in FF.net! :up