Fanfic ideas

merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I'm pinning this one to the top as we have some lovely new members who might come up with some ideas we can all share and get us inspired :bighug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
PenelopePitstop

Fanfic ideas

Post by PenelopePitstop »

How about a North and South mash up with "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (which I am currently watching on Netflix)?
Not sure how you would work it but Margaret could be the young ingenue, John could be the gamekeeper or just a loner returned from WW One who lives in an old cottage on the Estate. Margaret would not necessarily need to be married, just bit bored and curious visitor or recently moved to the local village.
Anyway, it's an idea....as long as there's a hea and plenty of "action" in the woods too! 😉
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Oh lordy, John would make a wonderful, brooding gamekeeper wouldn't he! I'm loving the sound of action in the woods :smug What a great idea!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

PenelopePitstop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 am How about a North and South mash up with "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (which I am currently watching on Netflix)?
Not sure how you would work it but Margaret could be the young ingenue, John could be the gamekeeper or just a loner returned from WW One who lives in an old cottage on the Estate. Margaret would not necessarily need to be married, just bit bored and curious visitor or recently moved to the local village.
Anyway, it's an idea....as long as there's a hea and plenty of "action" in the woods too! 😉
This is an excellent idea, penny. I think TOM should write this. Or Seb **looks pointedly at Seb**. Its got "slow burn" written all over it.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Oh Gosh, I would LOVE to! But I'd have to watch the series first for context. 😅😅 I don't know it. Merry we could both write a version 😆 OR even do a collab. Dunno if that would work but I'm open to anything!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I'm open to anything!
That sounds promising, Tom my boy! :eek :D :lol

As for a slow-burn, I am never ever writing a slow-burn ever again. They take so loooooong! From now on it's going to be short sonnets and haiku only from me!

John and Margaret
fell in love. In the end, but
in between it sucked.

Howzat? takes a bow :smug
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

John and Margaret
in between it sucked.
:D :D perfection.

And never say never Seb. The waiting and anticipation makes it fun.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:51 pm
I'm open to anything!
That sounds promising, Tom my boy! :eek :D :lol

As for a slow-burn, I am never ever writing a slow-burn ever again. They take so loooooong! From now on it's going to be short sonnets and haiku only from me!

John and Margaret
in between it sucked.

Howzat? takes a bow :smug
You had better be joking! :shock: Okay, okay, you can take a break, but....

Good haiku, though. And to the point, like that comic Colleen sent.

ME
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

Speaking of that comic...

It showed up on a relative's board the other day...it was all I could do to remember that it was about A Christmas Carol and not John Thornton in a N&S/CC mash-up...just from that funny little comment under the image. Oh my word. I will not un-see that now. It is NOT Scrooge anymore. It's JT for sure now. It was so amusing for me.

Oh, and Colleen...I couldn't connect Kermit to John. Maybe with how the marriage works and how he treated his family. But while I could make a "physical" connection to Scrooge, he's not really. You'd have to mash Scrooge and Kermit together, I'd imagine. So...maybe you could demonstrate it to me...what am I not seeing? (That's why you're the writer and not me...lol.)

ME
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

mimosa wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:09 pm Speaking of that comic...

It showed up on a relative's board the other day...it was all I could do to remember that it was about A Christmas Carol and not John Thornton in a N&S/CC mash-up...just from that funny little comment under the image. Oh my word. I will not un-see that now. It is NOT Scrooge anymore. It's JT for sure now. It was so amusing for me.

Oh, and Colleen...I couldn't connect Kermit to John. Maybe with how the marriage works and how he treated his family. But while I could make a "physical" connection to Scrooge, he's not really. You'd have to mash Scrooge and Kermit together, I'd imagine. So...maybe you could demonstrate it to me...what am I not seeing? (That's why you're the writer and not me...lol.)

ME
I cannot really see John as Kermit either. I was just wondering what your impressions might be LOL! Although, maybe John could pull off "It's Not Easy Being Green (with envy)" :mrgreen: :rofl
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

ColleenD wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:30 pm
I cannot really see John as Kermit either. I was just wondering what your impressions might be LOL! Although, maybe John could pull off "It's Not Easy Being Green (with envy)" :mrgreen: :rofl
Bwahaha.
My kids are singing "We're Marley and Marley. Whoooohoooo". 😆

ME
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by impossibleusay »

merry wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:51 pm
John and Margaret
in between it sucked.

Best summary of the book I have read! :lol:
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

Thank you, Impy 😂 🤗

We should have a N&S in Haiku or Limerick topic!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

PenelopePitstop wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:58 am How about a North and South mash up with "Lady Chatterley's Lover" (which I am currently watching on Netflix)?
I skimmed through the movie last night and I do see some potential here. I'd probably throw the original plot out the window entirely though and have Margaret be a young, lonely rich girl and John a desillusioned pos-war soldier who works on her family's estate.

This has PTSD written all over it once more lol! I AM typecasting myself, darn it! But it's just the kind of thing I like to write! Merry will probably be into it, Annabella would read it out of loyalty and Pippa would sigh at the angst. 😅🤣🤣
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by impossibleusay »

TRavine wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:08 am I skimmed through the movie last night and I do see some potential here. I'd probably throw the original plot out the window entirely though and have Margaret be a young, lonely rich girl and John a desillusioned pos-war soldier who works on her family's estate.

Tom, I'm dying to read this now! Crossing my fingers your muse inspires you to give it a shot!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

impossibleusay wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:53 am
TRavine wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:08 am I skimmed through the movie last night and I do see some potential here. I'd probably throw the original plot out the window entirely though and have Margaret be a young, lonely rich girl and John a desillusioned pos-war soldier who works on her family's estate.

Tom, I'm dying to read this now! Crossing my fingers your muse inspires you to give it a shot!
Okay, I want all of you to hit me with ideas for this story!!

So the premise is: Margaret is a lonely rich girl, John is a (probably traumatised) post-WWI soldier who works as a gamekeeper for the Hales.

What's going to happen? You tell me and then I'll see what fits and what I can do with it. No promises, mind. ;)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

Can this John please have a giant dog named 'Tiny' who terrifies Margaret at some point. And she gets angry about the dog's name?
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:04 pm Can this John please have a giant dog named 'Tiny' who terrifies Margaret at some point. And she gets angry about the dog's name?
:rofl Gosh yes!! Duly noted!! What kind of breed? I'm shitty at dog breeds. I can literally see John getting a cute baby pup and naming it Tiny...only to have it grow! 🤣🤣
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by ColleenD »

Philipaholt wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:04 pm Can this John please have a giant dog named 'Tiny' who terrifies Margaret at some point. And she gets angry about the dog's name?
Oh, this is a wonderful idea! I've been waiting for someone to put Tiny into one of their fics.
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Fanfic ideas

Post by impossibleusay »

How about former officer!Henry who had some type of desk job/something away from the trenches, who doesn't have sympathy for the horrors that soldiers like John have seen?

If John is gamekeeper, do you think he would be shell shocked/PTSD triggered by gunshots? Margaret comforting him and helping him through it would be an interesting scene!