Captcha requests

eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Captcha requests

Post by eccles »

I keep getting subjected to captcha requests recently. As a mobile internet user my IP is autogenerated by Three UK as a CGNAT address so is effectively not a physical IP. Could this be a reason for the extra security?
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Captcha requests

Post by Panikos »

I'll take a look at it and see what's going on
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Captcha requests

Post by Panikos »

Eccles, This forum shouldn't be showing a Captcha request for anyone unless registering and then it's that thing which asks how many legs a donkey has just to confuse bots. It''s possible that there is a security system on the server itself which is being triggered, but I have found nothing of that kind so far.

I think you are right and it's the CGNAT address causing it but in that case I 'think' it does it even before you get to the board itself so we wouldn't be able to fix it. Can you try and get a screen shot next time as it might give a clue.

I think it's similar to the problem when I use a VPN. Because you end up sharing an external IP number with 100s of others and many modern systems think that means you're a bot.

I'm hoping the screen shot will show it IS happening on our server and give me something I can look up.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Captcha requests

Post by eccles »

OK will do. It hasn't happened since I posted this. It'll probably not do it for ages now I want it to.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Captcha requests

Post by Panikos »

:lol That is just so true.