How do I....

Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

We're asking the same questions of course, but have a head start so ask in here and look out for new info here.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by Furby »

How do I delete all the typed words in my post before I post it. I don't want to do this but have succeeded in doing it twice now so need to know how to do it to avoid doing it.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

Argh! that's awful, Furby

Unless you somehow selected all the text (and you would notice that) I can't think of a way, but I'm going to look out for it.

I found one case of a bug when previewing that lost text, but that was many years ago.
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

How do I....

Post by merry »

Furby, that hasn't happened to me (yet) but in the past occasionally 'Back' and Ctrl-Z can sometimes work ('undo') and put all your text back.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

How do I....

Post by merry »

By the way, I don't know if anyone has mentioned it so far, but one thing that is definitely better on this new forum is that you can now post more than one attachment in a post. We used to be limited to one per post. Hurrah!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by Furby »

I am on a tablet so it may be a tablety thing and coincidence on the new board like the pound and bonds are a coincidence and not the mini budgets fault at all.

Will we get the new to furby post buttons back. I miss that. New posts shows me lots of posts I already read. Are there other buttons I need to press for that to work here.

Has pandora been made redundant on this board or will we still get reminded that it's pancake Day and children in need. She usually got the wrong dates anyway but it was interesting. And not at all alarming once one was used to it.

P.s. new posts seems to be working better today.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

I have still seen no explanation for disappearing text and it has not happened to me...yet

Pandora may return in some form, but not just yet.
Keep an eye on the new post thing. It needs to be reliable. I think you have to be logged in for it to work and I seem to be getting logged out a lot. I need to check that too.

Fun 😁
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

How do I....

Post by merry »

I want to be able to click Ctr I for italics IN the post. And bold etc. instead of clicking on the icon
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

In Firefox at least you can press Shift ALT I for italic and B for bold etc.

Even if it works in your browser it may not be what you wanted. Try it and see.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

How do I....

Post by Patience »

How do I get the last post in a thread?

Before when I was logged in and clicked on a thread it took me to either the last post or the first post that I hadn’t read (I can’t remember which).

Now, I am taken to the first post in the thread.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

Ah it seems to depend on how you got to it.

On the main index page if I click on "October Chatty" in the right hand column it takes me to the last post of that topic.

If I click on The Coffee Shop I can now see a list of topics on the left. Now if I click on "October Chatty" it takes me to the first post.

So clicking from the main page on the right hand column is always first post, but there are not enough long topics to test on to see if it matters which ones you have read when you get to it the other way.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by Furby »

My new posts are working from the new posts link. Didn't really use it much on the old board.

What wasn't working for me was the buttons that used to change into bonfires and Xmas puddings etc. But they do work and know what they are doing. Because I was used to three posts I had been used to clicking on those and we mustn't have had more than three topics at a time much in the old days. So there were two posts and I clicked on one and thought why hasn't that changed but was that there is another ignored post behind it.
Does that make sense. Anyway it does work I am just not used to being a default person yet because our other board was customised for a better quality of default person thanks to Pani.

We will used to it all I suppose and are glad it isn't likes of Facebook we are forced on and be providing photo id and fingerprints and voice patterns and 20 questions about our favourite brothers first school or even guess the traffic light squares. Thanks to Pani and merry for working so hard.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by Furby »

Who are all these bots? It says (on user list at bottom of page) they are registered users so they aren't just nosey guests.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

It does describe them as registered and they are in a way I suppose, but not with a proper login.

Google and others constantly scan sites so they can do the search engine thing and on the old board we had a crude way to keep them in their place.

This board remembers them and lists them and let's me keep them out of bits we want them kept out of. They are banned from doing most things by default. Also they don't see the board the way you do but a cut down one with no graphics so they don't waste bandwidth.

Someone did ask "in that case why describe them as registered users" and got "because they are not guests" which is not a good reason and I think it should list them underneath separately.

Imagine this is a posh resort/hotel and you have a gold members badge. Unregistered guests have a cardboard one and the bots have to wear a pointy hat with BOT on it :)
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by Furby »

If I am logged out I can see the Xmas forum but when I log in as furby it disappears. Is this supposed to happen. I don't mind because my rule is no Xmas fun and games until at least advent.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

Actually that's a mistake on my part. It's being prepared ready. Glad you spotted it.

EDIT: ok that's sorted now. When Xmas is closer we'll have some fun topics and other stuff to get it started.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by mimosa »

Can I send a picture via PM?

ME
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

Mimosa, you can't at the moment, but I'll look at why and see if we can enable it.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

How do I....

Post by Panikos »

Okay. you should now be able to attach images in Private Messages.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

How do I....

Post by mimosa »

Thank you, Panikos. This is helpful.

ME