Date Night/YOU night

Chat about anything and everything
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by mimosa »

So as per merry's instructions from Thursday's chat, I have taken pictures of our date night. P and I hardly ever go out without our busy crew; we don't even remember the last time it was a date-date. I wasn't sure where to put the post in the forum...there were non-Millers there, so I figure it has to be where everyone can see.

We were given a gift card to one of those multi-restaurants in our city. But some of them were not in our city or had closed in our city...which meant that it was a breakfast/lunch date or a pizza date. We went on the pizza date...only to find out that there was no actual gift card...just the paper cover it was in. We're not sure whether there was EVER a card or if it was lost. Mr. Mim (P) didn't remember taking it out, and I had not even seen it. HA! So we had to pay for it ourselves. If we had known that, we might not have gone on a date OR we would have chosen a restaurant of our choice...which would have been fish and chips at Winston's Fish and Chips....a British restaurant close to our house.

Anyway...I DID dress up in my long denim skirt and pink Valentines leggings (you can't see those...haha, only because I didn't have an appropriate way to show them). No lipstick, but Mr Mim prefers that anyway, and so it's all good. We shared the appie, the main course, the dessert, and tea (a small pot with 2 cups worth of tea).

ME

pics in backwards order (not my fault) :oops
Attachments
The skirt
The skirt
Chocolate explosion
Chocolate explosion
Boston Royale Pizza
Boston Royale Pizza
Nachos
Nachos
The Couple
The Couple
Last edited by mimosa on Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

It seems that you had a great date, mim. 😃 And all these foods looks so delicious! 🤩🤤
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by merry »

What a lovely topic, Mim! wonderful to see you and Mr Mim having such a lovely date!

Arrrgh that your gift card was missing, though! I'm so glad you still went.

I like the look of all those dishes. Is that nachos? I LOVE nachos covered in cheese and stuff. GIANT prawns on that pizza!
And Mr Merry would have demolished that chocolate cake!

As anyone who knows me knows, I LOVE pictures and reports of people's meals :D
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by merry »

It's practically the only board rule - be nice and post food reports :lol
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by TRavine »

Oh Mim, those pics look wonderful. Seems like you had a lovely time.

That's strange with the gift card, but, you know, I tend to think of such things in this way: If anything had been different, you might not have gone out on a date at all, or not to that place and maybe, even if Pizza wouldn't have been your first choice, there was something about this place and evening that was particularly lovely and wouldn't have happened otherwise. You never know. :)

It's great that you got to spend some quality time with your husband. That is so important and you deserve it!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by impossibleusay »

Looks like it was a wonderful evening - that food looks fantastic! Glad you and Mr. Mim enjoyed!
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

That looks like really yummy pizza. Congratulations on getting some alone time!
(she/her)
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by Furby »

The chocolate cake and ice cream looks nice to eat but why does everything in restaurants have to be works of modern art these days? I would like a place that had food in neat little piles kept apart not all mixed up and swirled over.

Lucky you had money to pay and didn't get to pay and then say oh dear no vouchers .
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by Philipaholt »

MIM that's so incredibly sweet. I'm sorry about the gift card debacle. 😅 I hope you two enjoyed yourselves. You really ought to take a date night when you can! So good for the soul.
Xxx Pippa
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by OurCreature »

All that food looks really nice - shame about the missing voucher but it's nice that you and Mr Mim had a good time together. :p
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by mimosa »

All right!! Remember my date night with a gift card but without a gift card?

Last month some Miller friends blessed me with a gift certificate to Winston's Fish and Chips, the restaurant we would have preferred to visit? (We had gone there for the first time with our BIL and SIL and LOVED it.)

Well...we had a great time, and even mentioned this cool situation to the owner, and he totally remembered dealing with it (and at first thought it was a prank!) and chuckled when he saw the envelope with his writing.

It was also super busy this evening, this seemingly tiny little place a several minutes down the main ave from our house. It was St. Patrick's Day after all, and so it was a night of celebration. It was full when we got there at 7, and slowly people left. We shared a meal and ordered an extra fish filet and had English toffee sticky pudding for dessert.

I also gave my husband the The Sound of Music DVD that Tom recommended on the chat a couple of times...it's been kicking around for some time waiting a an opportunity to be given. So! thank you very very much for letting us have a wonderful time! You are very sweet and generous! Mr. Mim also thought that was so nice! He was very surprised; he did not know where he was going, and that was super fun for me. So he thanks you as well.

ME
Attachments
The other wall of posters....and all the pics are in backwards order.
The other wall of posters....and all the pics are in backwards order.
The posters of different areas of Great Britain...so cool.
The posters of different areas of Great Britain...so cool.
English Sticky Toffee Pudding -- had to cram that in.
English Sticky Toffee Pudding -- had to cram that in.
Haddock and chips (we shared a plate with an extra filet (which we didn't even need!))
Haddock and chips (we shared a plate with an extra filet (which we didn't even need!))
Yikes...I can't take a good selfie...that is so skewed!
Yikes...I can't take a good selfie...that is so skewed!
Last edited by mimosa on Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by TRavine »

Aaah, I'm so happy that it worked!! 🥰🥰

It looks like you had a really nice evening. The food looks really good! And the place looks nice! 😍

Love the maps!!

I hope you'll have fun with the Sound of Music DVD.

And greetings to Mr Mim. 😁
Last edited by TRavine on Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by dianakc »

How lovely ❤
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by merry »

Glad you had a nice evening, mim and Mr mim!

That fish and chips looks so nice! and the sticky toffee pudding :love

I love that Westminster Abbey is on the wall :)
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Date Night/YOU night

Post by OurCreature »

That's what I like - people having a good time and being happy. I'd have been happy there as well, with a map of Lancashire on the wall. Lancashire! La! La! La! or even Oh Lancy Lancy! Lancy Lancy Lancy Lancy Lancashire!!
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.