Chatty thread for non-N&S topics - anything and everything!

ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

fanfiction.net rant:

Why does ff stats have to implode every Jan 1! Every year it is like Y2K all over again! :mad
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Tonight I had dream where we all met to your home, Merry. I saw Tom and Mim, and feel your presence too, merry, like Pippa's and others, but didn't saw you. We had a meeting here, but parallel for this, there was something party yet where was your family I think, merry. So it was like two parties. Such a wonderful dream, I think it was and so real! :bighug :heart
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:01 am fanfiction.net rant:

Why does ff stats have to implode every Jan 1! Every year it is like Y2K all over again! :mad
Omg it does?!!! I had not realised!! Nooooo...my lovely stats!! 😱😭😭
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:01 am Tonight I had dream where we all met to your home, Merry. I saw Tom and Mim, and feel your presence too, merry, like Pippa's and others, but didn't saw you. We had a meeting here, but parallel for this, there was something party yet where was your family I think, merry. So it was like two parties. Such a wonderful dream, I think it was and so real! :bighug :heart
Oh Fossy!! 😍 What a lovely dream!! Gosh, I wish it was real. We would all have such a blast over at Merry's house! 🤣 I can see us sitting in the back garden, having tea, chatting about John and Margaret. 🥰
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

What? I'm confused
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

Philipaholt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:43 pm

What? I'm confused
When I go to "Traffic Stats" then "Story Stats" I get an error message. Last year it took them weeks to fix the problem and go back and repopulate the data. When I looked it up last year I found that it seems to be a chronic problem every new years.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:40 pm
Philipaholt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:43 pm

What? I'm confused
When I go to "Traffic Stats" then "Story Stats" I get an error message. Last year it took them weeks to fix the problem and go back and repopulate the data. When I looked it up last year I found that it seems to be a chronic problem every new years.
Well, I know why I hate Fanfic.net. :bang
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Tonight I had dream where we all met to your home, Merry. I saw Tom and Mim, and feel your presence too, merry, like Pippa's and others, but didn't saw you. We had a meeting here, but parallel for this, there was something party yet where was your family I think, merry. So it was like two parties. Such a wonderful dream, I think it was and so real!
I love this, Fossy!!! Imagine - Miller Party at merry's! we would show N&S on loop and have a Dinner where we would all discuss the rights and wrong of strikes, for two minutes, and then 'John looks good in a....' for the rest of the time.

Tom would serenade us with the Hippo Polka and various trad Austrian yodelling songs on his accordion, and Fozzy would hold a zumba class in the garden.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:05 pm
Tonight I had dream where we all met to your home, Merry. I saw Tom and Mim, and feel your presence too, merry, like Pippa's and others, but didn't saw you. We had a meeting here, but parallel for this, there was something party yet where was your family I think, merry. So it was like two parties. Such a wonderful dream, I think it was and so real!
I love this, Fossy!!! Imagine - Miller Party at merry's! we would show N&S on loop and have a Dinner where we would all discuss the rights and wrong of strikes, for two minutes, and then 'John looks good in a....' for the rest of the time.

Tom would serenade us with the Hippo Polka and various trad Austrian yodelling songs on his accordion, and Fozzy would hold a zumba class in the garden.
Oh my word. I'd love that.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:05 pm

Oh, I love this too, merry. 😃 :heart It could be so wonderful Miller party! :bighug :party
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

You will be dancing atop Tom's piano as he plays, Pipkin!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:01 pm You will be dancing atop Tom's piano as he plays, Pipkin!
Merry. I don't dance. Can't at all 😭 maybe I can just bask in your talented glory....
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Hmmm Pips, never too late :)

Fossy has started something with this dream thing !!- I dreamed again last night we were having a Millers' party at my house - mimosa was there with her family - having a nice chat with Mim, I looked over to find Mr Mim tuning our piano !! I was delighted, because we've been unable to get a piano tuner in years - the last but one turned out to be a paedophile who was arrested soon after, and the one after that was crap.

Unfortunately when I woke up, our piano is still resolutely playing half a tone down, so I guess Mr Mim got interrupted before he got the job done :lol
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:39 pm Hmmm Pips, never too late :)

Fossy has started something with this dream thing !!- I dreamed again last night we were having a Millers' party at my house - mimosa was there with her family - having a nice chat with Mim, I looked over to find Mr Mim tuning our piano !! I was delighted, because we've been unable to get a piano tuner in years - the last but one turned out to be a paedophile who was arrested soon after, and the one after that was crap.

Unfortunately when I woke up, our piano is still resolutely playing half a tone down, so I guess Mr Mim got interrupted before he got the job done :lol
Oh, sorry, merry. :lol But see, you saw continue to my dream. Wow, how wonderful. I inspired you and that's very good. :clap Anyway, how fun with Mr Mim and piano. What a dream! :rofl
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

The stuff you people people dream!!! 🤣 I rarely ever remember my dreams at all, but I doubt they are this imaginative. 😂
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:39 pm Hmmm Pips, never too late :)

oh my word, merry!! That's hysterical. I bet my husband would love to be able to tune a piano...and he'd probably help you if he could.

Boy, you and Fossy having tandem dreams there....what a hoot. The Mill is in our blood, man.

ME
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Yes, the Mill is like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave... heheheheheh!!! :twisted:

I got my Audubon clock!!! I had to have one after I read about it in Pippy's NYE story! it made me laugh so much when they had the conversation about it - "Is it going to do that all night?" :rofl

Mine is an English version and has English birds singing. It sings from 5 am till 10 pm. I have it in the bedroom with me so I'll report back on how the 5am birdcall goes..... :rolleyes

clock.jpg
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:38 pm Yes, the Mill is like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave... heheheheheh!!! :twisted:

I got my Audubon clock!!! I had to have one after I read about it in Pippy's NYE story! it made me laugh so much when they had the conversation about it - "Is it going to do that all night?" :rofl

Mine is an English version and has English birds singing. It sings from 5 am till 10 pm. I have it in the bedroom with me so I'll report back on how the 5am birdcall goes..... :rolleyes

clock.jpg
I really cannot tell you how incredibly happy this makes me. I can't believe you bought Maggie's eccentric clock 🤣🤣🤣 and I adore you for it. I suppose the one in her office ought not go off during the night but 🤷🏻‍♀️ oh well.

Thank you for warming my heart with this!! Lots of hugs xxxx
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Philipaholt wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:02 am
merry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:38 pm Yes, the Mill is like the Hotel California, you can check out any time you like but you can never leave... heheheheheh!!! :twisted:

clock.jpg
I really cannot tell you how incredibly happy this makes me. I can't believe you bought Maggie's eccentric clock 🤣🤣🤣 and I adore you for it. I suppose the one in her office ought not go off during the night but 🤷🏻‍♀️ oh well.

Thank you for warming my heart with this!! Lots of hugs xxxx
I grew up with a bird clock. My parents are on their second one already.

We have a clock that sings a tune every hour as well, and it is so non-descript that it unnerves anyone who is over and hears it, those who don't know about it. We got money for our wedding, and that's what we spent it on.

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

clock.jpg
So..... Is your clock bothering you yet??? 🤭🤭🤭