Chatty thread for non-N&S topics - anything and everything!

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

mimosa wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:33 pm It is our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada on Monday. Most people celebrate it on the Sunday so they can do whatever on the Monday. I need all day to cook...and that would be Monday.

I have hosted it for almost every year since I've been married. It is also part one of our anniversary, being that we got married on the T. Monday. Our anniversary is on the 11th, and P has made sure that there were no meetings for him that evening (we'll still have kids playing volleyball and volunteering at the equine.

It seems that as time goes by and family grows (P's siblings having adult children) and some other internal issues, our dinner has decreased its people. So we have our closest (and pretty much like family) friends and possibly a random single if he wants to. My parents aren't driving at night anymore (they've had some scary moments driving home in the dark)...so there it is.

And I don't have the energy for it anymore. But my kids do expect it...lol. But I don't have to go all out any more. And I probably will because the menu doesn't change. Although I don't need as many desserts...And there will be leftovers (which my kids don't care for too much...so it'll be about repurposing...lol.

Anyway, there it is.

All I want to do lately is ignore my world and read fun stories...hahahaha...at some point I have to come back down to earth. Yesterday I finished Georgette Heyer's "The Corinthian". Very amusing. LOL!!

But yes, I have to get to my garage decluttering before it gets too blinking cold outside. I'm too busy this weekend... I have to practice the organ for Sunday afternoon (someone needed to switch).

ME
Oh wow, I remember your last year's Thanksgiving Mim. Has it really been a year? I'm shocked. 😮😮
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I won't be on the chat tomorrow.

Mr. Mim and I are going on a little overnighter with just the two of us. We never do this. We didn't date either until recently.

BUT...I was having a sad moment after church about six weeks ago, and while I was "just giving myself a moment" a relative came over and after listening to me (and basically making it worse) suggested that P and I go away. She didn't know how to take care of Silas (that's necessary) or homeschool my kids (who cares about a day or two about that)...but my friend Diane had come up and offered to take care of Silas. The rest of the kids are fine on their own if they have to, and they CAN take care of Silas for a few hours if necessary.

Anyway...that's here this weekend. I had another friend who told me to book it, because if I didn't, we'd not go. Diane and her husband will come tomorrow and stay till Saturday evening (or Sunday if P and I change our minds) or basically take care of Silas (here and/or their house).

Mr. Mim doesn't not know where we are going. Tee hee hee!! It even corresponds with his birthday, which is today. (Part of what we had to do was deliver flyers and Sara has a v-ball game, so we've decided to go and cheer her on...it's the semi-final.

So have a fun time on the chat tomorrow.

ME
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Oh Mim, I'm so happy to hear that you will have a bit of time off. I don't think I know abyone who would deserve it more. I hope you two will have a lovely time together!! ❤️
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Hi Mim, I think you very much deserve some time out. I hope you have/have had a lovely weekend!
(she/her)
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

Does anyone know anything about Booksie as a fanfiction website?
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

ColleenD wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 pm Does anyone know anything about Booksie as a fanfiction website?
I've not heard of it. Have you looked into it?
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
QueenCorbeau

Post by QueenCorbeau »

ColleenD wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 pm Does anyone know anything about Booksie as a fanfiction website?
It looks like it's more for people to post their original fiction than for fanworks based on other original fiction. I don't see any categories that would suggest they support fanfiction, though it's possible I just didn't see it.

It would essentially be what fictionpress.net was used for when fanfiction.net was branched off for fanfiction rather than original works.
My mind is at rest for my soul she has blessed with a touch of her love.