The Weavers and Spinners - our group collabs - all welcome!

AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

dianakc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:42 pm
AnnabellaGrace wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:01 pm
dianakc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:36 pm My 12 days of Christmas N&S visual version has begun. I hope you sing along each day as it should fit with the tune (this stuff isn't thrown together you know) 🤣😊❤️
I am so glad you are doing this! Thank you!

I posted, Christmas Blessings this morning. Now that I have my story finished, I am going to enjoy reading all of the other stories.
Brilliant! I look forward to reading yours too ❤️
When I get home from work each night, I read one of our stories. We have very talented writers on our forum! :clapping :clapping :clapping :heart
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

When I get home from work each night, I read one of our stories. We have very talented writers on our forum! :clapping :clapping :clapping :heart

I am so, so proud of us. TEN stories! haven't we done well?

And all that I have read so far have been so, so lovely. I will read more tomorrow.

You brilliant Millers :grouphug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

merry wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:16 pm

I am so, so proud of us. TEN stories! haven't we done well?

And all that I have read so far have been so, so lovely. I will read more tomorrow.

You brilliant Millers :grouphug
I woke up early yesterday and read more stories, and last night, I read more. I have now read all of our stories, and each one wonderful in its special way. Well done, Millers!

Just FYI, I believe there are now 531 North and South stories on AO3, with the tag North and South/UK TV. A good amount of those, especially over the last few years, belong to millers. I have written eight North and South stories over the last two years that are posted on A03 myself, and some of you have written more than that I expect. We are keeping Elizabeth Gaskell's iconic characters alive and hopefully, introducing them to new readers. :heart :heart :heart
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I just posted my Christmas story. Run to read it! 😃🎉
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:13 pm I just posted my Christmas story. Run to read it! 😃🎉
I enjoyed it very much, Fossy! :heart :heart :heart
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

So Pippa and I were talking the other day and I don't know when we will do another collection but what do you all think of the idea of doing something including letter writing? Like, as a poll: Some scenario in which John and Margaret fall in love through writing letters?

I know it's been done before, but many good things have *looks over at the 2948683 forced-marriage-stories* but it's FUN! And I have wanted to do one for ages! And I know other people love it too.

Just as a thought. Doesn't have to be right away (in fact, I hope it wouldn't be as I don't have time for it right now) but maybe sometime in spring?
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:30 pm So Pippa and I were talking the other day and I don't know when we will do another collection but what do you all think of the idea of doing something including letter writing? Like, as a poll: Some scenario in which John and Margaret fall in love through writing letters?

I know it's been done before, but many good things have *looks over at the 2948683 forced-marriage-stories* but it's FUN! And I have wanted to do one for ages! And I know other people love it too.

Just as a thought. Doesn't have to be right away (in fact, I hope it wouldn't be as I don't have time for it right now) but maybe sometime in spring?
Very good idea. I like it. Soon I will be more free time so count me in! 😃😁
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

TRavine wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:30 pm So Pippa and I were talking the other day and I don't know when we will do another collection but what do you all think of the idea of doing something including letter writing? Like, as a poll: Some scenario in which John and Margaret fall in love through writing letters?

It's a lovely idea
Kaybell

Post by Kaybell »

Ooh, I love it!! Count me in!
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

So Pippa and I were talking the other day and I don't know when we will do another collection but what do you all think of the idea of doing something including letter writing? Like, as a poll: Some scenario in which John and Margaret fall in love through writing letters?

so - a plea - does it have to be Margaret and Thornton????

I mean, I have written them a few times, so I might be able to do it, but I find them more constraining.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

DarkshireLass wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:15 am So Pippa and I were talking the other day and I don't know when we will do another collection but what do you all think of the idea of doing something including letter writing? Like, as a poll: Some scenario in which John and Margaret fall in love through writing letters?

so - a plea - does it have to be Margaret and Thornton????

I mean, I have written them a few times, so I might be able to do it, but I find them more constraining.
I would say no, they absolutely don't need to be John and Margaret. I always like to keep these polls as open as possible. Get creative. 😊😊
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

I would say no, they absolutely don't need to be John and Margaret. I always like to keep these polls as open as possible. Get creative. 😊😊
[/quote]

I just thought of a good scenario for M and J!

Have jotted it down in case we do this challenge. :heart
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

YES YES YES Let's
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

Philipaholt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:19 pm

YES YES YES Let's
I thought of a great idea (well, I think it is great, YMMV) for a letter story - are we going to do a collab (in which case I can wait a bit) or should I just go ahead?
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

DarkshireLass wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:27 am
Philipaholt wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:19 pm

YES YES YES Let's
I thought of a great idea (well, I think it is great, YMMV) for a letter story - are we going to do a collab (in which case I can wait a bit) or should I just go ahead?
Yes, I have an idea, though I'm pretty sure it's been done before, but I guess it's another writer's interpretation
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

do we have a tentative time in Spring? Imbolc has been and gone, although it is still six weeks to the equinox. Is Easter ish a good or bad time for people (makes no difference to me)? or are we thinking later?
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I was thinking maybe late April/May? There are no holidays like Christmas or Valentine's and it's not quite Summer yet so there won't be too many "seasonal" first at this time. But I'm open to whatever. It is very possible that I will have to add my story to the collection later on because I will probably be busy for all of spring with my classes.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

:up
Last edited by Forsteriaana30 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Mine is almost finished so I will likely post sooner and therefore not in the collection
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

dianakc wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 pm Mine is almost finished so I will likely post sooner and therefore not in the collection
If you would like it to be part of the collection, we can open one and then you can already post in there. (?) Unless you don't want to, then that's fine too.

Generally all the collections are open for new stories all the time. People could technically even still add something to 2022's Christmas collection if they had a story that fit. Or any other for that matter.