The Weavers and Spinners - our group collabs - all welcome!

dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

That would be good. I which case there would be no need for a deadline either
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

TRavine wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:51 pm
dianakc wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 pm Mine is almost finished so I will likely post sooner and therefore not in the collection
If you would like it to be part of the collection, we can open one and then you can already post in there. (?) Unless you don't want to, then that's fine too.

Generally all the collections are open for new stories all the time. People could technically even still add something to 2022's Christmas collection if they had a story that fit. Or any other for that matter.
I haven't started mine, lol, just have a rough outline. But the open collection sounds a good idea if Diana is nearly ready to go.

I got sidetracked on another fic, and I might start posting that soon.
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

I've just gotten a story seed for this prompt, I think - is it falling in love via letters in spring?
(she/her)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:21 am I've just gotten a story seed for this prompt, I think - is it falling in love via letters in spring?
Wonderful Daisy! Yes it is!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

TRavine wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:51 am
DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:21 am I've just gotten a story seed for this prompt, I think - is it falling in love via letters in spring?
Wonderful Daisy! Yes it is!
oh! the action of the story in spring? or the collab in spring?

and I thought it was just letters - has to be falling in love?

(are you sorry now for all my teachers in high school? I think I did this with every assignment.)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I'd say just letters. Leaves it more open. One can always do letters in spring then, but feel free to do letters in fall or any other season that strikes your fancy. 😁😁
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Oh oh oh, I think I might be able to join this collab! I hated missing the last one.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

OKAY EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!

I created a collection on AO3 called "Correspondence". Anyone who wants to submit a letter-writing fic sometime in the future, there won't be an official deadline, meaning: You can post your fic to the collection whenever you want. Diana is going to kick us off this week, because her fic is already finished, but you others are free to take your time for some weeks, or even months.

Just let me know briefly WHO is planning to submit a fic sometime in the future. Just drop your name, so I can add you to the collection already and you won't have any hassle when you're ready.

If you're not sure now and then decide later on that you want to submit something, just let me know whenever you're ready and I'll add you after the fact.

If you need any help with submitting your work to the collection, hit me up and I'll try and guide you through the process.

Thanks everyone!!
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

TRavine wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:07 pm OKAY EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!

I created a collection on AO3 called "Correspondence". Anyone who wants to submit a letter-writing fic sometime in the future, there won't be an official deadline, meaning: You can post your fic to the collection whenever you want. Diana is going to kick us off this week, because her fic is already finished, but you others are free to take your time for some weeks, or even months.

Just let me know briefly WHO is planning to submit a fic sometime in the future. Just drop your name, so I can add you to the collection already and you won't have any hassle when you're ready.

If you're not sure now and then decide later on that you want to submit something, just let me know whenever you're ready and I'll add you after the fact.

If you need any help with submitting your work to the collection, hit me up and I'll try and guide you through the process.

Thanks everyone!!
Thank you Tom x
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Thanks everyone!!
Me, please. But it may be a while, tom
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

Hi people !

When joining the Mill I promised to cheer, so here I am 😉

As you know I'm no writer, but this conversation makes me feel good, it is so nice to see you lot throwing out ideas, organizing, writing, exchanging thoughts and insights, following your muse all while having a life of your own !!

You are giving us readers such generous gifts...
Do go on and polish your talent, you all deserve to shine !!!

I certainly feel lucky to have crossed your paths 😀

Hugs to you all !
Vous êtes formidables ☆☆☆☆☆
Alice
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

Thanks everyone!!
me! I am only at the plot-planning stage (and research, lol) but I intend to contribute, thanks
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Aliko wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:35 am Hi people !

When joining the Mill I promised to cheer, so here I am 😉

As you know I'm no writer, but this conversation makes me feel good, it is so nice to see you lot throwing out ideas, organizing, writing, exchanging thoughts and insights, following your muse all while having a life of your own !!

You are giving us readers such generous gifts...
Do go on and polish your talent, you all deserve to shine !!!

I certainly feel lucky to have crossed your paths 😀

Hugs to you all !
Vous êtes formidables ☆☆☆☆☆
Alice
Ah Alice Danke schön!

Having a cheerleader is the best :hug
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

I'm looking forward to reading all of your correspondence stories! :love

While I have no expectations that I'll ever actually write anything, I'll admit that in my spare time this week I've been mulling over scenarios where John and Margaret or other characters would send letters back and forth. :)
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Violet83 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:39 pm I'm looking forward to reading all of your correspondence stories! :love

While I have no expectations that I'll ever actually write anything, I'll admit that in my spare time this week I've been mulling over scenarios where John and Margaret or other characters would send letters back and forth. :)
You should give it a go, even if you think of it as just for yourself at first xx
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Violet83 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:39 pm I'm looking forward to reading all of your correspondence stories! :love

This is how we get you....and then you become one of us.
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

I had absolutely no intention of writing, when I first stumbled here.

And then I had no intention of ever writing Margaret Hale and John Thornton as main characters.

Judge for yourself, how that turned out.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I don't even have a story idea for letters. Should I say, yet? I'm not an ideas person, though.

Love the Plato Letters by merry
Diana's are super comprehensive, and I LOVE it so much...so thorough. All the things.
there have been a few stories recently using letters...can't think of the authors, but ab winns is one, I believe.
And I just wrote my Christmas story with a one-way letter writing.

I like how when we did the summer collection, we didn't know what we're going to get. I guess it's true regardless, but yeah...I just really felt it then.

Does it have to be total letter? or is there some prose stuck in it?

ME
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

I don't think it has to be all letters. I've found it tricky as you have to hope the reader can pick up the "reading between the lines" bits. And you can't add what they are really thinking unless you say it, which can be inappropriate. Anyway, I'd say if you get an idea that is anything to do with correspondence that will be fine xx
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

Now that Diana's lovely 'Dear Miss Hale' story is all up, I will start posting my letter story tomorrow.

I just want to mention here that I had the idea ages ago - and any similarities with Di's story are simply that we are working with the same original material....! The one thing that I did take, from an early discussion, was the idea of doing the story through letters alone. I thought that was an interesting challenge and decided to do it that way. I have, however, sneaked in some context and paratext.

Oh - the original inspiration for doing story moodboards is also from Diana, so, if I am able to successfully upload mine, I am happy to credit her for that.