The Weavers and Spinners - our group collabs - all welcome!

ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

When are these due? I don't remember if we set a date.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Okay everyone, let's decide what to do about the Christmas collection. I know that a couple of people are writing stories.

Anyone who is planning to submit one, please make yourself known so I can compile a list and set up the colletion.

I'm afraid I won't be able to contribute a story myself this time around for lack of time, but I'll still do the posting.

We did talk about the prompt "Christmas surprise" but there may be a few people who are writing a story that is about something else? I don't think that's a problem at all, I'm sure they will fit in with the Christmas theme either way.

Next question: When should we post? A few days before Christmas? A few days after Christmas? On the day itself will probably not be ideal as most of our readers will be engaged elsewhere.

I would say that once we agree on a date, I'll put a deadline that is a few days before that just to give me some time to check if everything is working as we want it to.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

I'm doing one. I think a week before Christmas but will go with the majority decision
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

I have written 2 on the Christmas Surprise theme. Still need a bit of polishing, but should be ready for whatever deadline others care to set.
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Also, I don't think ot matters if they don't all get posted on the same day. i.e. they are added to the collection around that date. It may increase readership.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I have writing Christmas story too on the Christmas surprise theme. I hope to finish it soon. I'm reading to post it whatever deadline will be set! :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

dianakc wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:56 am Also, I don't think ot matters if they don't all get posted on the same day. i.e. they are added to the collection around that date. It may increase readership.
That does sound quite reasonable, actually. We'll just agree on a date where the collection goes public, probably around a week before Christmas, and people can add their stories later on, any time they wish.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've written one, not yet quite finished but will be by any date in December we decide. But I will be glad to participate, in fact, I've realised I'm so lazy I NEED the motivation of a deadline and a Purpose.

It looks like there will be a few of us, me, Di, Fozzy, DarkshireLass! so thank you once again Tom for getting us started on this :heart
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I am writing one. A week before Christmas is good, I think.

I'm at the editing stage now. I have some plot holes to fix, I discovered. But a couple of writing sprints and my family being gone yesterday evening helped me out finish the basic story.

Colleen and AnnabellaGrace are also writing for this. So at least seven of us.

ME
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

and I have done 2. Just because. I had a third idea of a surprise, but will be amazed if it ever hits the page.
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by DarkshireLass »

one follows on from my Fanny story, though, so if people have not read that, they might not want to read the Christmas one.
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

I won't have time to do one this year, with limited writing time I'm concentrating on my long fic for now. But I'm so excited to read all of your stories! :love
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

dianakc wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:52 am I'm doing one. I think a week before Christmas but will go with the majority decision
I agree with the timing you suggest as well. I have one story ready to go. :xmas
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

AnnabellaGrace wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:35 pm
dianakc wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:52 am I'm doing one. I think a week before Christmas but will go with the majority decision
I agree with the timing you suggest as well. I have one story ready to go. :xmas
🥰🥳
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:02 am I've written one, not yet quite finished but will be by any date in December we decide. But I will be glad to participate, in fact, I've realised I'm so lazy I NEED the motivation of a deadline and a Purpose.

It looks like there will be a few of us, me, Di, Fozzy, DarkshireLass! so thank you once again Tom for getting us started on this :heart
Oh I NEED a Merry Story in my life. Do Do Do write one! Not sure I can contribute this year due to busy-ness. :grouphug
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

It seems I won't be able to finish my Christmas story due to busyness. So this time I won't be participate or I will post it later when I will have more free time, but I will read your all stories with happiness! :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

For those not on discord ... I'm probably going to post my Christmas fic as a 2 parter, a couple of days apart. Hope that's OK with everyone x
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:48 pm I won't have time to do one this year, with limited writing time I'm concentrating on my long fic for now. But I'm so excited to read all of your stories! :love
I'm looking forward to reading your long fic. And all the Christmas stories!
(she/her)
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Vandraren »

I've had some inspiration to start working on an old one-shot lying on my harddrive and have started turning it into a Christmas story. So if I can maintain the flow, there might be another story to add to this collection. No promises yet, I might scrap the whole idea again tomorrow. But I felt a little excitement and wanted to tell someone :heart
Last edited by Vandraren on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Vandraren wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:49 am I've had some inspiration to turn an old one-shot lying on my harddrive into a Christmas story and if I can maintain the flow, there might be another story to add to this collection. No promises yet, I might scrap the whole idea again tomorrow. But I felt a little excitement and wanted to tell someone :heart
Ohhh!!! I would love that!! ❤️❤️❤️