Christmas Postcard Exchange

Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:57 pm I received Pippa's postcard. It's so beautiful. 😍 Thank you very much, Pippkin. :hugs Yes, it's really so nice to get postcards from you all. 😃 Now I'm still waiting postcards from Merry, Mim and Impy! 😁
Hurrah! I'm so glad it finally made it 🤗 what fun we've had with our postcard exchange
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

None of mine have arrived yet! We had a lot of strike action with the Royal Mail around that time, so I'm hoping they've not been shoved in a cupboard somewhere and lost.

I did have fun buying them and receiving them though! (have received mim's, Tom's, and my Pipkin's!) Thanks one and all! Maybe we shall make it an annual tradition?

Also think we should have an annual tradition of a Christmas stories collection!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:29 pm None of mine have arrived yet! We had a lot of strike action with the Royal Mail around that time, so I'm hoping they've not been shoved in a cupboard somewhere and lost.

I did have fun buying them and receiving them though! (have received mim's, Tom's, and my Pipkin's!) Thanks one and all! Maybe we shall make it an annual tradition?

Also think we should have an annual tradition of a Christmas stories collection!
Oh, yes, right. That strike. So pity, but I won't lost hope that we will receive your postcards, merry. :hugs

Yes, why not? I agree with you that we need to make this like annual tradition. 😃

Oh, yes, definitely. We need to this like only ours Christmas stories tradition. 🥰

As for mine postcards - guys, I once told in December that I will sent them in January and I will, just I'm still waiting for my salary and then I'll trying to find last four postcards with my city or country (Latvia) nature to add to my Christmas cards and then I'll sent them. Just bemusing with patience, my loves! :blush :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

TRavine wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:06 pm I received Mim's postcard! How lovely! 😍 Thank you so much!!!

That is a beautiful picture of you all! It's so nice to receive cards from all over! Greetings to all of your lovely family, Mim 🤗
Oh, that's so fun, Tom! Glad you liked it...you can envision my crew, now.

Fossy, even my sister in Australia has not received my card...so who knows how long you have to wait.

merry, I hope you get your mail from us soon!! Grr to the strikes.

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

mimosa wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:08 am Fossy, even my sister in Australia has not received my card...so who knows how long you have to wait.
Wow, glad to know that I'm not the only one who still not received your card, mim. 😲 Well, then I'll still waiting! :up
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

merry, I hope you get your mail from us soon
I got everyone's! But no-one has received mine, is the thing :sob I'm thinking the wretched PO has lost them!

I definitely got yours, Mim as I replied to it in a PM :D
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:21 pm But no-one has received mine, is the thing I'm thinking the wretched PO has lost them!
Oh no, how bad. :sad I thought that I needed to receive from you very fast like from Tom, but yeah, it was and still is strange that your postcard can go so long. :huh So pity. What you will be doing, merry, now? :ohwell
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:21 pm
merry, I hope you get your mail from us soon
I got everyone's! But no-one has received mine, is the thing :sob I'm thinking the wretched PO has lost them!

I definitely got yours, Mim as I replied to it in a PM :D
Yes, you did!! I think I meant that you get all the mail from all of those who sent you something that you haven't received and that your mail gets to go out to the rest of us...because I am looking forward to your card.

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Alright. I know Christmas is over but I finally acquired a safe address to which you may send mail! If anyone still wants to send a card....
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Awww of course I will Pippa! That's great!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

It's really great, Pippkin. I will too! 😃 :clap
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I received postcard from Impy. Thank you very much, Impy. It's so beautiful. 😃🥰 So still waiting postcards from Mim and Merry! :up
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Well there is some hope of mine arriving after all, because one of them arrived yesterday! and they were all posted at the same time, soooo at least they haven't lost the mailbag with them in :clapping
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:24 am Well there is some hope of mine arriving after all, because one of them arrived yesterday! and they were all posted at the same time, soooo at least they haven't lost the mailbag with them in :clapping
I got my card from Merry yesterday!!! 🥰🥰🥰 So happy!!!! 😁😁😁
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

TRavine wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:28 pm
merry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:24 am Well there is some hope of mine arriving after all, because one of them arrived yesterday! and they were all posted at the same time, soooo at least they haven't lost the mailbag with them in :clapping
I got my card from Merry yesterday!!! 🥰🥰🥰 So happy!!!! 😁😁😁
ME too! with a customs declaration. So bizarre. For a minute there I thought that I'd have to pay a customs fee to receive it. LOL.
I'm so glad it arrived safely. :elephant ( I think it should a be dancing hippo named Flúss.)

ME
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

A customs declaration?! how very bizarre!!

I'm glad you didn't have to pay for it, Mim! :hugs

I'm beginning to feel nervous of this thing where you pay RM online, then they bring a label and stick it on for you and take it away. It sounds so good in theory but this lot of simple, light cards took over a month to arrive (some still not arrived?? Fossy's and Impy's?) and the customs thing is just plain weird.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Mine had a customs sticker on it as well. But it did nothing about paying anything so I ignored it. I mean why would you pay customs for a freaking postcard? 😵 But maybe that's why it took so long Merry? 🤣🤣
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:29 pm (some still not arrived?? Fossy's and Impy's?)
I know that mines are still not arrived, 'cuz I'm still not sent them yet, but tomorrow I'll doing it. I finally got all postcards what I needed and will write on them, and then will sent them. So just be patient, Millers! 😁😃 :cuddle
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I received postcard from Mim. Thank you very much. It's so beautiful. I like it very much! 😃🥰❤️ So only yours, merry, I need to wait yet! :hugs
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Awwww Fossy! I hope it comes soon! and Impy's!