Christmas Postcard Exchange

mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:20 pm I received postcard from Mim. Thank you very much. It's so beautiful. I like it very much! πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯°β€οΈ So only yours, merry, I need to wait yet! :hugs
Oh fun, Fossy! So great! I'm glad it came.

I look forward to receiving yours.

ME
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Guys, I just send you all (Tom, merry, mim and Impy) my postcards finally. I hope that all will goes well and you'll get them. Please, give me a message when you'll get them. I'm so excited now! πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯° :heart

When I threw postcards in the mailbox I felt like Margaret when she send her letter to Fred and threw it in mailbox! 😁πŸ₯°
"Now I love and will love" ❀️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I received Fossy's postcards!! How lovely! I really like them. I already have a whole collection of all of your wonderful cards up in my room!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

These are great news, Tom. I'm so happy that got them. πŸ˜ƒ Yeah, I also have collection of you all cards in my room on the shelf and they're wonderful. :love Only I still waiting yours, merry. Still didn't get it. I don't know why so long it come to me! :sad
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: ↑Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm I received Fossy's postcards!! How lovely! I really like them. I already have a whole collection of all of your wonderful cards up in my room!
Pics or it didn't happen πŸ˜‚
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. β€”GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: ↑Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am
TRavine wrote: ↑Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:14 pm I received Fossy's postcards!! How lovely! I really like them. I already have a whole collection of all of your wonderful cards up in my room!
🀣 I'll take a pic once everyone has received their cards. Some are still out there somewhere with 21st century postal services...wayyyy worse than in the 1800s. 😜 So, in case they are the same pictures as mine, I don't want to spoil surprises.
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: ↑Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am

Good idea, Pippkin. :up I have this thought in my mind some time, but I also, like Tom, want to wait to get all cards and then I'll take a pic and post here! πŸ˜ƒ
merry
Β Β 
Β Β 
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by merry »

I got Fossy's card today!! Thank you thank you lovely Fossy! :hugs :kissy

It's a beautiful card with two snowpeople in love (obviously John and Margaret ) and two postcards too! a beautiful lake, and some snow scenes of Ogre where she lives. And some lovely words!

I have learned two things since we had this idea:

1) the English postal service is the worst in the entire world - managed to make my little cards look so dangerous every single country held them up at Customs :huh no idea what all that was about

2) I have the worst handwriting of all the postcard-exchanging Millers :ohwell
"We see the storm on the horizon and draw in our sails." - Elizabeth Gaskell
ForeverAutumn1

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

This sounds so fun! I definitely want to participate next time. 😊
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:35 pm I got Fossy's card today!! Thank you thank you lovely Fossy! :hugs :kissy

It's a beautiful card with two snowpeople in love (obviously John and Margaret ) and two postcards too! a beautiful lake, and some snow scenes of Ogre where she lives. And some lovely words!

I have learned two things since we had this idea:

1) the English postal service is the worst in the entire world - managed to make my little cards look so dangerous every single country held them up at Customs :huh no idea what all that was about

2) I have the worst handwriting of all the postcard-exchanging Millers :ohwell
Oh, merry, how I'm happy that you got them. πŸ˜ƒβ€οΈ And calm too, 'cuz I feared about marks. I had one problem with stamps, but I'm so relief that they went until you. 😁 I knew that you and Tom will be first which will get them. :lol So mim and Impy need to wait theirs and I hope that they'll get them soon! πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
merry
Β Β 
Β Β 
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by merry »

Autumn, you must take part yes!

Nearer the time we will PM round addresses for anyone who wants to be part of it.

It was exciting waiting to get postcards and notes and stamps from round the world!

I'm starting earlier next year though.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:32 pm This sounds so fun! I definitely want to participate next time. 😊
Autumn, if you drop me your address in a pm, I'll send you one. Won't be a Christmas one but a Vienna one, so if you'd like, feel free. 😊😊
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

So these are my postcards from Tom, Pippkin, Mim and Impy. I really love them so much. :loveeyes :heart
IMG_20230124_201303.jpg
But I still don't get Merry's and I started to think that maybe I won't receive it, 'cuz how long need to wait yet? It's so torturing. :sob How you, Tom, could got hers while I'm still not? I really don't understand. :huh Maybe our post offices are different I think and that's the reason! πŸ€”
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 pm So these are my postcards from Tom, Pippkin, Mim and Impy. I really love them so much. :loveeyes :heart

IMG_20230124_201303.jpg

But I still don't get Merry's and I started to think that maybe I won't receive it, 'cuz how long need to wait yet? It's so torturing. :sob How you, Tom, could got hers while I'm still not? I really don't understand. :huh Maybe our post offices are different I think and that's the reason! πŸ€”
I'm still waiting for Impy's. Sometimes they just ttake ages for some reason. I hope they will all make it.
impossibleusay

Post by impossibleusay »

TRavine wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:33 pm
I'm still waiting for Impy's. Sometimes they just ttake ages for some reason. I hope they will all make it.
Argh, still not there yet? I hope it didn't get lost and is just taking the scenic route :cry
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Fossy!! Your card came! Thanks for the postcard in a card...so sweet.

I'm sure my husband will enjoy the stamps. He collects money and stamps....e.g. an Ethiopian one birr coin looks like the Canadian toonie (two dollars).

Anyway, so fun.

ME
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

mimosa wrote: ↑Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:27 pm Fossy!! Your card came! Thanks for the postcard in a card...so sweet.

I'm sure my husband will enjoy the stamps. He collects money and stamps....e.g. an Ethiopian one birr coin looks like the Canadian toonie (two dollars).

Anyway, so fun.

ME
Oh, how wonderful, mim. I'm so happy that you got it. πŸ˜ƒβ€οΈ And I'm glad about your husband. These will be very exotic for his collection I think! :lol
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

So only Impy need to get mine. Hope you will also soon. πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯° Btw, merry again send me postcard, 'cuz her previously I haven't received either. I don't know what happenes and where it is, but fingers crossed that second postcard will arrive safely! πŸ˜ƒπŸ€ž
merry
Β Β 
Β Β 
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by merry »

I've sent another to Fossy which I hope will make it this time, but the PO refused at the same time a small package to Pippa saying they had been 'hacked' nationally and weren't taking anything larger than a small letter !! which OC says is true!

I don't think Impy has had my card (though I have had all mine now.) 2 outta 5 successfully delivered isn't great! Let me know if you haven't had it Impy and I'll happily send another. It gives my local museum a bit of trade anyway.
impossibleusay

Post by impossibleusay »

I'm still awaiting Fossy's and Merry's and I am sending Tom another one since it's been over a month, so I'm thinking it made a bid for freedom somewhere along the route.

I've never seen such difficulties with mail before - hopefully all of our respective postal services will get things ironed out for next year!