Cheer about 53AP and good old ernie

The Good, the Bad and the Annoying.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Well done merry claiming the third luck before the month and year ran out. 70 pounds is a good prize if usually only 30. Are the messages automated or is there a poor person working new year's eve night shift sending out text messages. British gas can't run their auto meter reading phone lines outside of 9 to 5 now so I suppose even automated systems need staff. I hope the lottery worker has a day off today instead.

Premium bonds are done on the third working day so next millionaire soon and good luck to us all. The 25 pound prizes get sent later in the month. I think I prefer smaller amounts really a million would be a headache. Opening one new ISA was not at all easy so trying to split a million would need a lot of banks all of whom play the we don't like customers any more go away game. The lottery has a new game now which pays you 10000 a month or something that would be a better prize.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

Merry, yay to the win! 👏 Boo to the bill. 😞
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Opening one new ISA was not at all easy so trying to split a million would need a lot of banks all of whom play the we don't like customers any more go away game. The lottery has a new game now which pays you 10000 a month or something that would be a better prize.
The go-away game :rofl

If I get the million this month I will hire a financial adviser who will do all the work for me!

I like the sound of the monthly pay-out lottery, I'll have to try that one. Then I could afford to fix Fizzy EVERY month! :whip
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

It’s been a little while. £25 this month. This is before the bonds bought with the car money are eligible.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Ernie has clevely remembed me for 25 pounds this month and it was good old 53AP which I note is the number in the title so is a very lucky bond. I dont like this new system of fewer prizes.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

@Firbs you have reminded me that I have been very lucky this month. 3 bonds produced prices £25, £25, £50.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

No wonder Furby is complaining about fewer prizes. Patience is getting them all. :D
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

The interest rates going up should make more prizes. I think with the cost of living it would have been better to keep lots of smaller prizes but maybe its by design for inflation. Paying more people means more spending paying fewer people even if they do spend it would be on fewer things.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

The 25 prizes still exist because I got one again. I have had to buy new printer inks so its gone towards that.

When I went to the bank in a nearby market town which is the next nearest without going into the city they had a special desk at the door. It was the desk for have you travelled from outer furbyland and another unlucky nearby town where we closed branches to stop people using banks well we don't want you in this one either because the footflall figures will go up making it trickier to close. They were directing people to machines (half of which were broken) and not letting people at the counters. But when the banks close there wont be any machines either.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

The banks don't want Nigel Farage and now Furby as well. Have you been out on your soapbox arguing for Brexit?
The PM voted for Brexit so he is on Nigel's side and is telling the Nat West/Couts management off.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

The treasury ideas to help aren't so helpful because giving more notice and telling why doesn't fix the end problem of no bank. Nigel's real problem - though having to change bank accounts is a pallaver - is that 10 other banks also don't want him either they all sing from same hymn sheet. I do find the logic of we are so inclusive we can't include you any more somewhat strange but the world is strange.

I suppose in future places will ask for Facebook and twitter logins. How else can they monitor non famous people especially with common names. My employers asked for ours when I didn't have facebook and I was made to set one up by redundancy advise people because recruitment have to check social media as part of process and wont choose someone without one. Its a very big step to move to vetting customers values though.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

Another £50 for me. That makes £275 since April when I moved the car money into Premium Bonds.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Jolly good, Patience! At the end of the first anniversary of the car money premium bonds you will be able to work out what the wins represent in terms of annual interest and see if you have done better or worse than the nominal rate quoted by the financial pages and other authorities.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Premium bonds are tax free so the helpfulness of that and not needing to contact hmrc has to be counted in too.

Well done to patience. What happened with the car in the end. It kept getting attacked on its way to you.
Patience

300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by Patience »

I told the company to keep the car and they returned the money without any fuss. I then put the money into Premium Bonds where they have been doing very nicely. I’m still looking for a newish car.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Panikos won £50 yesterday on his NEW bonds he only bought this year!

:clap

He is going to treat the Safehaven Donkeys with the whole amount :hugs
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

What a nice gesture.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I thought so and it's made him, me, and 250 donkeys very happy :D
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

He haw he hawt to be very pleased.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

So interest rates are working well for the donkeys.

Panikos is kind to give all his money to them.