Welcome to new members, please read!

dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Violet83 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:45 pm Hi everyone! I'm Violet83 from AO3. After reading so many of your N&S stories over there, I've finally decided to join you over here too! I have no expertise in how to post to a forum of this kind, so I hope to figure it out as I go along! I'm an avid reader, but sadly not a writer (unless we count the hours a day I spend writing legal contracts and documents in my day job). I'm looking forward to being part of this lovely group of people!
Hi Violet. I'm pretty sure you have read some of my stuff. Your name is definitely familiar. I'm glad you've come to join us xx
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

dianakc wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm
Violet83 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:45 pm Hi everyone! I'm Violet83 from AO3. After reading so many of your N&S stories over there, I've finally decided to join you over here too! I have no expertise in how to post to a forum of this kind, so I hope to figure it out as I go along! I'm an avid reader, but sadly not a writer (unless we count the hours a day I spend writing legal contracts and documents in my day job). I'm looking forward to being part of this lovely group of people!
Hi Violet. I'm pretty sure you have read some of my stuff. Your name is definitely familiar. I'm glad you've come to join us xx
I definitely have read some of your stories. You're a wonderful writer! I've loved everything that I've read of yours - I think your Unexpected Visitors is my favorite so far :)
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Violet83 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:26 pm
dianakc wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm
I definitely have read some of your stories. You're a wonderful writer! I've loved everything that I've read of yours - I think your Unexpected Visitors is my favorite so far :)
That's wonderful! ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Violet! :love Fancy, seeing you here. A very warm welcome to the mill. It's so great to see some new faces. Looking forward to chatting about all things N&S with you. We have some old topics that could use a few new contributions and if you have own ideas for topics, feel free to open a new conversation.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:11 pm Welcome Kaybell!!! How lovely to see you here !

Welcome too to TJMaine36 who joined yesterday, and I only just noticed. I don't know how to 'tag' on here so I hope she sees this.

You are both very welcome here, such a nice bunch of people.

:grouphug
Also a warm welcome to TJMaine36. Looking forward to chatting with you! :)
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Welcome Violet!!! Wonderful to you see. Please jump in on ANY conversation going on!!!!

ME
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

TRavine wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:50 pm
Violet! :love Fancy, seeing you here. A very warm welcome to the mill. It's so great to see some new faces. Looking forward to chatting about all things N&S with you. We have some old topics that could use a few new contributions and if you have own ideas for topics, feel free to open a new conversation.
Fancy seeing you here, indeed! Looking forward to it!
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

mimosa wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 pm Welcome Violet!!! Wonderful to you see. Please jump in on ANY conversation going on!!!!

ME
Thank you for the welcome!
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Violet! are you MY Violet? the one whose name I've said I'm going to use in one of my stories?

I think it's such a beautiful name.

Welcome to the Mill, it's really lovely to have you here :bighug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:57 pm Violet! are you MY Violet? the one whose name I've said I'm going to use in one of my stories?

I think it's such a beautiful name.

Welcome to the Mill, it's really lovely to have you here :bighug
Haha! Yes, that's me. And I'd be honored for you to use Violet in a story someday! In the interests of full disclosure, I'll tell you that it's not actually my real name though (which is Barbara...). I was feeling in a Violet mood when I made my AO3 username and decided to keep it here too.

Thank you for the welcome! :heart
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I thought it must be!

My fic name is (somebodycalledme) Sebastian - it's merry on here - but I answer to either :)

We love readers - for what would us (unpaid, unprized) writers do without readers? readers are the fandom's lifeblood.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Two things for new members:

1) if you click the spanner icon top left (next to Post Reply) and click Subscribe Topic, you get an email notification that there has been a reply to the topic. If this gets annoying because the topic (or you!) is busy, just go back there and click unsubscribe.

2) Photos of 'the places we live' are always wanted! Please post one if you haven't before! Where do we all live?

And if you are unfamiliar with forums, which are dinosaur technology these days :twisted: but still have their uses, just ask 'how do I... ' and someone will willingly help.
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

mimosa wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:30 pm Welcome Violet!!! Wonderful to you see. Please jump in on ANY conversation going on!!!!

ME
Thank you for the welcome!!
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:52 pm
Hello, Violet. Welcome in our forum. :wave Glad tou have you here. I also was a avid reader in the beginning but then these lovely Millers encouraged me to try write N&S stories and now I'm not only reader, but also writer who is trying to get out from one shots level to her first multi chapter story. 😂 But I am an experienced writer. :blush Feel free to write in any topics here when you will be used to understand how it's all working here. You can also make new topics if you want to share something with us. Enjoy! 😃
Thank you so much for the welcome! I have definitely seen your stories on AO3 - Margaret's Christmas Surprise is very sweet! :loveeyes I'll go back and read some of your other works!

You mention above that you have a N&S group on Discord. Can you tell me how I could join that too? :)
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Vandraren »

Very happy to have you Violet and Kaybell!!! :party And other new members, that I have missed since last time I checked this thread. It's so lovely to get new members, especially when they want to be active participants :loveeyes

I am one of our non-native speakers :wave Mainly reader, but I have written two small stories/one-shots and have a longer story in the pipeline that isn't going anywhere at the moment, because I suck at developing the plotline. :smug

I hope you make yourselves at home here :wave And I think for the discord you'd have to ask Pippa to add you, if I remember correctly...
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Violet83 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:42 pm
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:52 pm
Hello, Violet. Welcome in our forum. :wave Glad tou have you here. I also was a avid reader in the beginning but then these lovely Millers encouraged me to try write N&S stories and now I'm not only reader, but also writer who is trying to get out from one shots level to her first multi chapter story. 😂 But I am an experienced writer. :blush Feel free to write in any topics here when you will be used to understand how it's all working here. You can also make new topics if you want to share something with us. Enjoy! 😃
Thank you so much for the welcome! I have definitely seen your stories on AO3 - Margaret's Christmas Surprise is very sweet! :loveeyes I'll go back and read some of your other works!

You mention above that you have a N&S group on Discord. Can you tell me how I could join that too? :)
Oh, thank you very much, Violet. It's so kind from you. I'm glad that you liked it. 😃 And do it. I hope you'll like them too. 🥰

About Discord group you need to write PM to philipaholt who is here in forum too. She created it and she will add you here. But I can help with that you need to download Discord app in your phone, laptop or tablet. Because there you can join us with Pippas help. Hope you soon see there too! 😃👍
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:50 pm
About Discord group you need to write PM to philipaholt who is here in forum too. She created it and she will add you here. But I can help with that you need to download Discord app in your phone, laptop or tablet. Because there you can join us with Pippas help. Hope you soon see there too! 😃👍
Thank you! I've sent a PM to Pippa and I have the Discord app. :)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

HELLO! Violet! So glad you've made it here. Welcome! I'm very pleased to see you and I hope you feel very welcome indeed.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

Hello there, fandom of N&S !

I'm Alice, from France, and though I love to write, it's never fiction and never in english which isn't my native language... So I'm here only as a reader, but an eager one ! I confess I am in complete awe of you lot. Your stories are so good !! I've never entered any fandom but I have a good feeling about this particular one. :bighug

I'm a massive book fan. I could honestly read all day long (which I sometimes do ahem...) and you are ruining my days with your incredible talent... bless you all !! :D

I fell in love with N&S last summer when discovering the miniseries.
Then I bought and read the book in the next 24hrs.
Then I went on the internet to chase after every video or text I could find about this beautiful story and of course, quite quickly discovered ff.net and AO3. I think I've read a good 80% of all the stories so far and I find I can't get enough of them... I'm quite hooked !! :love

Now after many months reading and commenting your stories as an outsider I decided to join The Mill at Milton today !
So, people, write away and bring it on ! I'm more than ready to cheer, support and applaud !
And have a hell of a good time with you all :clapping
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:56 pm Hello there, fandom of N&S !

I'm Alice, from France, and though I love to write, it's never fiction and never in english which isn't my native language... So I'm here only as a reader, but an eager one ! I confess I am in complete awe of you lot. Your stories are so good !! I've never entered any fandom but I have a good feeling about this particular one. :bighug

I'm a massive book fan. I could honestly read all day long (which I sometimes do ahem...) and you are ruining my days with your incredible talent... bless you all !! :D

I fell in love with N&S last summer when discovering the miniseries.
Then I bought and read the book in the next 24hrs.
Then I went on the internet to chase after every video or text I could find about this beautiful story and of course, quite quickly discovered ff.net and AO3. I think I've read a good 80% of all the stories so far and I find I can't get enough of them... I'm quite hooked !! :love

Now after many months reading and commenting your stories as an outsider I decided to join The Mill at Milton today !
So, people, write away and bring it on ! I'm more than ready to cheer, support and applaud !
And have a hell of a good time with you all :clapping
AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Welcome, Aliko!!!! Have a great time checking out all the conversations going on over here. We are most glad to see/meet you!!

It's sort of how I got in here too, and I'm mostly a reader...the Mill got me writing. Other Millers had that happen to them as well. I've read 95% of the stories there as well...so great.

ME