Welcome to new members, please read!

Aliko

Post by Aliko »

mimosa wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:01 pm
Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:56 pm Hello there, fandom of N&S !

I'm Alice, from France, and though I love to write, it's never fiction and never in english which isn't my native language... So I'm here only as a reader, but an eager one ! I confess I am in complete awe of you lot. Your stories are so good !! I've never entered any fandom but I have a good feeling about this particular one. :bighug

I'm a massive book fan. I could honestly read all day long (which I sometimes do ahem...) and you are ruining my days with your incredible talent... bless you all !! :D

I fell in love with N&S last summer when discovering the miniseries.
Then I bought and read the book in the next 24hrs.
Then I went on the internet to chase after every video or text I could find about this beautiful story and of course, quite quickly discovered ff.net and AO3. I think I've read a good 80% of all the stories so far and I find I can't get enough of them... I'm quite hooked !! :love

Now after many months reading and commenting your stories as an outsider I decided to join The Mill at Milton today !
So, people, write away and bring it on ! I'm more than ready to cheer, support and applaud !
And have a hell of a good time with you all :clapping
AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Welcome, Aliko!!!! Have a great time checking out all the conversations going on over here. We are most glad to see/meet you!!

It's sort of how I got in here too, and I'm mostly a reader...the Mill got me writing. Other Millers had that happen to them as well. I've read 95% of the stories there as well...so great.

ME
Thanks Mimosa for this more than kind welcome !
Feels good to meet people with shared interests :)
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I'm Alice, from France, and though I love to write, it's never fiction and never in english which isn't my native language... So I'm here only as a reader, but an eager one ! I confess I am in complete awe of you lot. Your stories are so good !! I've never entered any fandom but I have a good feeling about this particular one. :bighug

I'm a massive book fan. I could honestly read all day long (which I sometimes do ahem...) and you are ruining my days with your incredible talent... bless you all !! :D

Then I went on the internet to chase after every video or text I could find about this beautiful story and of course, quite quickly discovered ff.net and AO3. I think I've read a good 80% of all the stories so far and I find I can't get enough of them... I'm quite hooked !! :love

Now after many months reading and commenting your stories as an outsider I decided to join The Mill at Milton today !
So, people, write away and bring it on ! I'm more than ready to cheer, support and applaud !
Hi, Aliko or Alice. :wave Nice name. I like it. My niece's name is the same. :blush
Anyway, welcome in our forum. Thank you very much for your words. It's so nice that you appreciate our stories. 🥰

I'm a massive book fan too. I love books and I love to read them very much. Especially if I can touch them and hold in my hands. 😍 I also can read all day long and once I really did this with one Harry Potter book. I had read it from morning to late night until I read it all. I just couldn't stop. :lol So if book or story is very interesting to me then I can read it in one breath. 😁

I fell in love with N&S in 2014 when I discovered it. First I saw series, then I had read a book. And I love both. Both are so good and the best. Only three years ago I discovered N&S fanfics and I was so happy to read them all. I still can't get enough of them. I still need more of John and Margaret. So I feel you. :up :heart

And two years ago I discovered this forum. It's really are wonderful fandom. I also never have been in fandom previously and now I am in two fandoms, in truth. And both are wonderful. 😃

In the beginning I was also only reader and thought that I would never could write N&S story like all of them in fandom doing it, but then they encouraged me and now I'm trying to get out from one shot level tomy first multi chapter story. :D But I also will write and publish my first book in Amazon Kindle. It will be about N&S too. I have started all preparations now and atm I can't tell when it will be available but if you will be interesting then I will let you know. :blush

I mentioned Amazon Kindle and you know, there is much of N&S books too. I almost all of them had read and I have my favorites. If you want to know I can sent you links in PM. 😉

Glad to have you there, Aliko. Enjoy our forum! :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

Welcome, Alice! We’re so glad to have you here! 😊
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Alice! A very warm welcome to you! 😁😁 I am thrilled to see you here on the mill. We always love getting new millers, and we've had a great week with some new people joining. ❤️
I hope you'll have a lot of fun here and will join in our discussions and just general fun. 😊😊
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

Welcome, Aliko/Alice! I only just joined as well - so glad to meet you! This really is a group of wonderful people! :love
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:57 pm

Hi, Aliko or Alice. :wave Nice name. I like it. My niece's name is the same. :blush
Anyway, welcome in our forum. Thank you very much for your words. It's so nice that you appreciate our stories. 🥰

I'm a massive book fan too. I love books and I love to read them very much. Especially if I can touch them and hold in my hands. 😍 I also can read all day long and once I really did this with one Harry Potter book. I had read it from morning to late night until I read it all. I just couldn't stop. :lol So if book or story is very interesting to me then I can read it in one breath. 😁

I fell in love with N&S in 2014 when I discovered it. First I saw series, then I had read a book. And I love both. Both are so good and the best. Only three years ago I discovered N&S fanfics and I was so happy to read them all. I still can't get enough of them. I still need more of John and Margaret. So I feel you. :up :heart

And two years ago I discovered this forum. It's really are wonderful fandom. I also never have been in fandom previously and now I am in two fandoms, in truth. And both are wonderful. 😃

In the beginning I was also only reader and thought that I would never could write N&S story like all of them in fandom doing it, but then they encouraged me and now I'm trying to get out from one shot level tomy first multi chapter story. :D But I also will write and publish my first book in Amazon Kindle. It will be about N&S too. I have started all preparations now and atm I can't tell when it will be available but if you will be interesting then I will let you know. :blush

I mentioned Amazon Kindle and you know, there is much of N&S books too. I almost all of them had read and I have my favorites. If you want to know I can sent you links in PM. 😉

Thank you for this very kind reply Forsteriaana ! I doubt I'll ever write anything... I'm really not good at writing beautiful english ! And besides I completely lack the fertile imagination necessary for writing a story 😉
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:58 pm

Welcome, Alice! We’re so glad to have you here! 😊
Oh Autumn, thank you !
I must tell you that you are quite special to me because your "Last Train To Milton" was the very first fanfic I ever read and I love it enormously ! 😀
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

Violet83 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:46 pm

Welcome, Aliko/Alice! I only just joined as well - so glad to meet you! This really is a group of wonderful people! :love
Indeed it is !
Cheers 😀
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Hello Alice! I'm absolutely thrilled you've joined us! we LOVE readers, as, like I always say, without readers, writers most likely wouldn't even write, or at least, keep writing - we need that push from believing people are eager to read what we produce!

I'm in a writing pit at the moment with a lot of not-so-good Real Life stuff going on to keep me busy, but I do hope to get back to it soon.

So so glad to have you here!

merry (Sebastian on AO3) xxxx :grouphug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:13 pm Hello Alice! I'm absolutely thrilled you've joined us! we LOVE readers, as, like I always say, without readers, writers most likely wouldn't even write, or at least, keep writing - we need that push from believing people are eager to read what we produce!

I'm in a writing pit at the moment with a lot of not-so-good Real Life stuff going on to keep me busy, but I do hope to get back to it soon.

So so glad to have you here!

merry (Sebastian on AO3) xxxx :grouphug
Oh Merry, thank you for this kind and warm welcome ! You belong to my prefered authors in the N&S world, I can't get enough of your stories ! You always come up with such ingenuous variations, and your style is veeeeery agreable to read 😀

Hugs for coping with your not-so-nice-real-life-stuff, you'll come through it I'm sure ! Maybe writing is helping ? I hope so !

Glad to be here !!
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Ahhh Alice, what a lovely message, thank you so much! :hugs

It's when I'm writing I'm at my happiest - all I need is a long quiet stretch to really sink down into Milton - and the real world vanishes!

It's just that those long quiet stretches haven't been happening lately :huh I should train myself to write whenever I have a free ten minutes - but somehow I can't sink down immersively in quite the same way. But I'll get there! :up

🤗
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Violet83 »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:13 pm
Merry, I suspect you can tell from my comments on your stories that I am a big fan! ☺️ I am very sorry to hear about your not-so-good Real Life stuff lately and am sending you lots of positive thoughts and wishes that things start to improve for you soon. I hope you find some moments of brightness in your days, even if you “have to look hard”, as John would say. ❤️
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Post by dianakc »

Welcome Alice! The Mill and the Millers are a very friendly bunch ❤️
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

ALIKO!!! HEllo lovely! Welcome to the mill!! :bighug
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:44 pm

Oh Autumn, thank you !
I must tell you that you are quite special to me because your "Last Train To Milton" was the very first fanfic I ever read and I love it enormously ! 😀
Oh, that's so sweet! :heart Thank you so much, I'm so happy you liked it! :love
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:41 pm
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:57 pm

Thank you for this very kind reply Forsteriaana ! I doubt I'll ever write anything... I'm really not good at writing beautiful english ! And besides I completely lack the fertile imagination necessary for writing a story 😉
You're welcome. I didn't mean to press you writing. I just wrote my experience with Millers encouragement to me for writing. 😊

Anyway, I forgot to mention that English also isn't my native language. 😉

I hope you likes here in forum. And if you want you can call me in short name - Fossy. That's how others is calling me here! :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Aliko

Post by Aliko »

[/quote]
You're welcome. I didn't mean to press you writing. I just wrote my experience with Millers encouragement to me for writing. 😊

Anyway, I forgot to mention that English also isn't my native language. 😉

I hope you likes here in forum. And if you want you can call me in short name - Fossy. That's how others is calling me here! :up
[/quote]

Thank you, it will be my pleasure Fossy !! 😀
QueenCorbeau

Post by QueenCorbeau »

I guess I should have started here rather than the where we live thread, but I never do things in the right order, lol.

Anyway, hi, I'm Holli or QC or Corbeau or whatever you want to call me, really. Louisiana native, transplanted to PA (and I do not miss LA summers though the winters here are too cold and snowy. hate snow.) because of my partner, though we were just friends when she, a PA native who was living in AZ at the time, said that she was moving back home and I should totally come with, and I surprised her by saying why not? Took us a year to realize there were feelings there (we were definitely the last to know about this!) and we've been together ever since.

I've been in love with N&S and John/Margaret for several years, watching and rewatching, reading and rereading the novel, and going through fic binges on FFN, but had never read much on AO3 until my current hyperfixation. I do not write for this fandom, but am a writer on both FFN and AO3 for Potterverse.

As much as I love reviews/comments, I find that I rarely think to *leave* them, even if the fic is an absolutely fabulous read.

As the name might suggest, at least to some, I have an affinity for/with Ravens (Corbeau being French for Raven) which started when I was very young and read Poe's poem, but has since grown to encompass more than his work and reference.

I spend a good deal of time reading and playing games, both online and offline.

I'm not a very interesting person, and I can be terribly awkward socially, so bear with me as I find my feet around here. :)
My mind is at rest for my soul she has blessed with a touch of her love.
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by Vandraren »

QueenCorbeau wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:15 am I guess I should have started here rather than the where we live thread, but I never do things in the right order, lol.

Anyway, hi, I'm Holli or QC or Corbeau or whatever you want to call me, really. Louisiana native, transplanted to PA (and I do not miss LA summers though the winters here are too cold and snowy. hate snow.) because of my partner, though we were just friends when she, a PA native who was living in AZ at the time, said that she was moving back home and I should totally come with, and I surprised her by saying why not? Took us a year to realize there were feelings there (we were definitely the last to know about this!) and we've been together ever since.

I've been in love with N&S and John/Margaret for several years, watching and rewatching, reading and rereading the novel, and going through fic binges on FFN, but had never read much on AO3 until my current hyperfixation. I do not write for this fandom, but am a writer on both FFN and AO3 for Potterverse.

As much as I love reviews/comments, I find that I rarely think to *leave* them, even if the fic is an absolutely fabulous read.

As the name might suggest, at least to some, I have an affinity for/with Ravens (Corbeau being French for Raven) which started when I was very young and read Poe's poem, but has since grown to encompass more than his work and reference.

I spend a good deal of time reading and playing games, both online and offline.

I'm not a very interesting person, and I can be terribly awkward socially, so bear with me as I find my feet around here. :)
Welcome Corbeau!! So lovely to have you joining us!! 😊 I loved the story of how you and your partner got together. Glad you worked it out in the end!
Maybe one day we can get you to write for North and South as well 😉 But I am very intrigued by Potterverse, is that Harry Potter poetry?
Social awkward is my second name, so you're not alone. People here are really sweet, welcoming and supportive! ❤️
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
QueenCorbeau

Post by QueenCorbeau »

Vandraren wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:45 am Welcome Corbeau!! So lovely to have you joining us!! 😊 I loved the story of how you and your partner got together. Glad you worked it out in the end!
Maybe one day we can get you to write for North and South as well 😉 But I am very intrigued by Potterverse, is that Harry Potter poetry?
Social awkward is my second name, so you're not alone. People here are really sweet, welcoming and supportive! ❤️
Potterverse is just the Harry Potter universe, though some do write poetry for it as well as prose.
My mind is at rest for my soul she has blessed with a touch of her love.