Welcome to new members, please read!

merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

We have a lovely new member today, Anhvil, whom I'm pretty sure is from FF. net

S/he would be our first member from there (I think!) so gets a specially warm welcome. I hope you post, we are very friendly, just jump in any topic, or start one of your own if you would like :grouphug

(Any newish members who didn't get a welcome like this, only just thought of it! :blush
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Welcome Anhvil :) So nice to have you here!

I actually think we have at least one other member from ff.net: Kuwpp :)
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Ahhh I didn't realise Kuwpp was from FF !

Some do join and don't post, which is fine, sometimes people just like to lurk a bit, which they are welcome to do. But obviously it's nice if they want to join in!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
anhvil

Post by anhvil »

Hi everyone :wave ! I’m anhvil (she/her) and it’s nice to e-meet you all. Thank you so much for welcoming me and I am from ffnet, although I am just a lurker/reader there. North & South is one of my favourite novels of all time and I always love reading more about the dynamic of ODC Margaret and Mr. Thornton. It’s really nice to find a community where I could talk about them more. :love
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

anhvil wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:52 am Hi everyone :wave ! I’m anhvil (she/her) and it’s nice to e-meet you all. Thank you so much for welcoming me and I am from ffnet, although I am just a lurker/reader there. North & South is one of my favourite novels of all time and I always love reading more about the dynamic of ODC Margaret and Mr. Thornton. It’s really nice to find a community where I could talk about them more. :love
Hello and welcome 🤗 we hope you'll enjoy yourself, love. We're happy to have you
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Hi everyone :wave ! I’m anhvil (she/her) and it’s nice to e-meet you all. Thank you so much for welcoming me and I am from ffnet, although I am just a lurker/reader there. North & South is one of my favourite novels of all time and I always love reading more about the dynamic of ODC Margaret and Mr.
Hello Anvhil! so glad to see you here! I agree with every word of what you said there. I love North and South so much.

We love READERS, nothing pleases us more than that there are people out there reading our stories, so you are very welcome :hugs

Sebastian xxx (or merry, I'll take either )
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

anhvil wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:52 am Hi everyone :wave ! I’m anhvil (she/her) and it’s nice to e-meet you all. Thank you so much for welcoming me and I am from ffnet, although I am just a lurker/reader there. North & South is one of my favourite novels of all time and I always love reading more about the dynamic of ODC Margaret and Mr. Thornton. It’s really nice to find a community where I could talk about them more. :love
Welcome anhvil! 😁
We're so pleased to have you! As Merry already said, we love readers! If you have any fanfic ideas you would like to see realised, feel free to share them anytime.
Us writers are always looking for inspiration. 😊

Looking forward to discussing all things N&S with you!

Tom (he/him)
RiversOnFire

Post by RiversOnFire »

Hello y’all! I stumbled here from AO3 and thought this community sounded delightful! I’m a reader/writer and hardcore North and South enthusiast. Lost my mojo the last 2 ish years due to world events and the nature of my job but as things settle down I’m looking for encouragement and inspiration! Hopefully I’m not intruding here, I just really adore N&S and anything slightly adjacent.
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

RiversOnFire wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:11 am Hello y’all! I stumbled here from AO3 and thought this community sounded delightful! I’m a reader/writer and hardcore North and South enthusiast. Lost my mojo the last 2 ish years due to world events and the nature of my job but as things settle down I’m looking for encouragement and inspiration! Hopefully I’m not intruding here, I just really adore N&S and anything slightly adjacent.
Nice to meet you! You are most definitely welcome here! :D
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

RiversOnFire wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:11 am Hello y’all! I stumbled here from AO3 and thought this community sounded delightful! I’m a reader/writer and hardcore North and South enthusiast. Lost my mojo the last 2 ish years due to world events and the nature of my job but as things settle down I’m looking for encouragement and inspiration! Hopefully I’m not intruding here, I just really adore N&S and anything slightly adjacent.
A very warm welcome RiversOnFire 🤗😊
So happy to have you here with us!!! We love new people on the board. Have fun discussing N&S with us and feel free to start a new topic anytime if something comes up that we haven't discussed yet.
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Hello! Nice to meet you!
(she/her)
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

I have the dentist this morning and was feeling all grim and low - then I woke to see we have a new member!! :party

Welcome RiversOnFire - thank you for joining, just pitch right in, delighted to see you! :bighug

Sebastian
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Welcome Anhvil and RiversOnFire. Glad you see her, guys, and that our N&S fan group becomes larger. It's wonderful. :clap Yes, we love readers and we are open to any N&S ideas if you have them. We will love to write them. 😃 Enjoy this forum, guys! 😉
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:08 am I have the dentist this morning and was feeling all grim and low - then I woke to see we have a new member!! :party

Welcome RiversOnFire - thank you for joining, just pitch right in, delighted to see you! :bighug

Sebastian
Hello and welcome to RiversOnFire 🤗🤗
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Welcome anhvil and RiversOnFire!

Jump right in and chat!

ME
barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

Hello everyone! I'm ElizaG1 on FFN and AO3. I've been a little disconnected from the fanfiction sites recently for many personal reasons, but I saw this community was started, and it seems like a nice place to connect full of many writers I have been admiring from afar! I do hope to read more of everyone's stories soon and connect with you all if you don't mind me!
Also excuse me while I try to remember how to use forum like this! It's a welcome throwback lol.
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Welcome ElizaG1!!

So glad to see you here. I hope you enjoy the forum. We love our conversations. Please join in!

I've enjoyed your stories on AO3.

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Welcome, ElizaG1. I'm NorthandSouthart in Twitter and Instagram. Glad to see you there. Enjoy our forum. Hope you'll like it! :wave
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Welcome ElizaG! It's so exciting always to see a new member!

Pitch in anywhere, or post a new topic if you have anything North and Southish you'd like to discuss with us eager fans!

TO ALL NEW Members - we have a lovely topic called 'Where are we all from' where, if you are so minded, you can name your country and area vaguely and post a pic of your lovely scenery, be it city or field. There are some GORGEOUS pics in there from various Millers! and we would love to see yours!

merry/Sebastian (call me either) xxxx
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:08 am Hello everyone! I'm ElizaG1 on FFN and AO3. I've been a little disconnected from the fanfiction sites recently for many personal reasons, but I saw this community was started, and it seems like a nice place to connect full of many writers I have been admiring from afar! I do hope to read more of everyone's stories soon and connect with you all if you don't mind me!
Also excuse me while I try to remember how to use forum like this! It's a welcome throwback lol.
ElizaG! You're one of my very favourite writers and I'm absolutely delighted you're here!! Welcome. And to anyone who's not read her work....you simply must.