Welcome to new members, please read!

merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Any questions about using the forum, just ask.

I see we have another new member too - Daphne! welcome! I love that name...
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Welcome, Daphne!
Enjoy "the Millers"!

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Welcome, Daphne. Enjoy this wonderful forum! :wave
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Hi Daphne!
(she/her)
barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

Philipaholt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am
barelytolerable wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:08 am Hello everyone! I'm ElizaG1 on FFN and AO3. I've been a little disconnected from the fanfiction sites recently for many personal reasons, but I saw this community was started, and it seems like a nice place to connect full of many writers I have been admiring from afar! I do hope to read more of everyone's stories soon and connect with you all if you don't mind me!
Also excuse me while I try to remember how to use forum like this! It's a welcome throwback lol.
ElizaG! You're one of my very favourite writers and I'm absolutely delighted you're here!! Welcome. And to anyone who's not read her work....you simply must.
So nice!!! And same to you, as I hope you know! Love your work!!!
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

A warm welcome to all our new members! :) Wohooo, this community is growing!!!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Welcome DarkPartofourDestiny, I hope you enjoy it here :) I know there are many fans of your work here, including me!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Oh, welcome DarkPartofourDestiny. Enjoy our forum. I liked a few of your stories! :wave
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:58 pm Welcome DarkPartofourDestiny, I hope you enjoy it here :) I know there are many fans of your work here, including me!
A very warm welcome to our lovely mill, DarkPartofourDestiny! 🥰 We're always happy to see new millers here!
barelytolerable

Hi all! Random question: Is there an appropriate thread for posting N&S related happenings? For example, Me and Anna Stonebrook host #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space every second Sunday of the month on Twitter, and so I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the topic (this month is Victorian Christmas, so it's N&S adjacent...we usually do more very specific N&S topics but wanted to do something Christmasy). I think we will likely do a read-along in the New year, and I've love for people to listen and participate (anyone can talk on a Twitter Space- it's like a live podcast/radio show) to hear your thoughts. Anyway, let me know if it would be appropriate to share that info on here, where it would be best to post, or if it's not what the intent of this forum is, I completely understand. :)
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:13 pm Hi all! Random question: Is there an appropriate thread for posting N&S related happenings? For example, Me and Anna Stonebrook host #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space every second Sunday of the month on Twitter, and so I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the topic (this month is Victorian Christmas, so it's N&S adjacent...we usually do more very specific N&S topics but wanted to do something Christmasy). I think we will likely do a read-along in the New year, and I've love for people to listen and participate (anyone can talk on a Twitter Space- it's like a live podcast/radio show) to hear your thoughts. Anyway, let me know if it would be appropriate to share that info on here, where it would be best to post, or if it's not what the intent of this forum is, I completely understand. :)
I think we've got a thread called Everything N&S. Honestly you could also just start a new thread if necessary
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
barelytolerable

Philipaholt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:32 pm
barelytolerable wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:13 pm Hi all! Random question: Is there an appropriate thread for posting N&S related happenings? For example, Me and Anna Stonebrook host #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space every second Sunday of the month on Twitter, and so I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the topic (this month is Victorian Christmas, so it's N&S adjacent...we usually do more very specific N&S topics but wanted to do something Christmasy). I think we will likely do a read-along in the New year, and I've love for people to listen and participate (anyone can talk on a Twitter Space- it's like a live podcast/radio show) to hear your thoughts. Anyway, let me know if it would be appropriate to share that info on here, where it would be best to post, or if it's not what the intent of this forum is, I completely understand. :)
I think we've got a thread called Everything N&S. Honestly you could also just start a new thread if necessary
Oh my gosh you just made me realize there is more than one page of threads. It's like I haven't been on the internet for 20+ years with this learning experience, lol. Thank you! I don't see Everything N&S so maybe I'll just create a new thread for updating!

My fanfics on AO3
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 pm
Philipaholt wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:32 pm
Oh my gosh you just made me realize there is more than one page of threads. It's like I haven't been on the internet for 20+ years with this learning experience, lol. Thank you! I don't see Everything N&S so maybe I'll just create a new thread for updating!
Ah! It's called 'North and South Chat'. Sorry. My bad. But yeah I always forget there's more than one page 😂
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

let me know if it would be appropriate to share that info on here, where it would be best to post, or if it's not what the intent of this forum is, I completely understand. :)
That's exactly the intent of this forum :hugs To share North and South everything with people who love it!

You are very welcome to make your own topic and it might even best to do so because the chatty topics are busy and I for one tend to lose track of things :rofl

But post anywhere you like, honestly. We have no rules (except #bekind and love John and Margaret) :)
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Hello Lisanne! How lovely to see you here! :cuddle

I am so glad you joined!

Just dive in and chat or if you have a topic you want to discuss, make a new one!

I'm merry on here (long story) but Sebastian on AO3 and FF net xxxx
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Welcome Lisanne! :) How lovely to see so many new millers here. Looking forward to chatting with all of you! 🥰
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Hello to Lisane and DarkPartOfMyDestiny! Welcome to the Mill. Please stick your oar in wherever and whenever. We're so happy you're here. :bighug
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

Hi everyone! I'm impossibleusay (she/her, aka Imp, as dubbed by Merry!). I am a longtime fan of North and South - I first saw it a year or two after it came out, read a bunch of fics on ff.net, but moved on to other fandoms for many years. But somehow earlier this year I got a random hankering to dive back into this fandom and I have been eagerly reading and rereading many of your guys' fics ever since. I'm not a writer myself, just a reader and mostly a shy fandom lurker by nature - but I love this little community that is growing here and wanted to join!
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

I'm not a writer myself, just a reader and mostly a shy fandom lurker by nature - but I love this little community that is growing here and wanted to join!
I really needed a post like yours today Imp (I call her Imp cos I like to have nice little names for people, it's just a fond thing and probably drives them round the bend :lol ) - it made me very happy that you joined - it is a lovely community and we are so glad to have you here. :heart

Never say 'just' a reader :) where the heck would we be without people still reading our stories and taking an interest in them and commenting (Imp here has been a wonderful commenter on my stories, she just makes such interesting and thoughtful points - that get me inspired to write)

It's all going well, isn't it :bighug
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

but I love this little community that is growing here and wanted to join!
I'm so happy you've joined us. Can we all call you Imp? (What a fun nickname) your comments have been lovely and I know we're all tickled to have you around. Cheers, love :hug