Where do we all live?

ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by ColleenD »

cashmeritan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:01 am Hi there!

I live in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.
Cash!

I am originally from NEPA (I live in Alaska now)! PA is a beautiful state!
SarahsPen

Where do we all live?

Post by SarahsPen »

That is gorgeous! I’ve never been to Northern Ireland but spent time in County Kerry in southwestern Ireland and never wanted to leave:)
MacSwell wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:38 pm So I said elsewhere, I’m American, from Minnesota originally. I went to Northern Ireland for an internship and told everybody that I wouldn’t fall in love with an Irish boy because I wasn’t ready for a relationship so of course that’s exactly what I did. So then I married him and after a couple years in the states we moved to his hometown, Dromore, in County Down, and that’s where we raise our kids and annoy each other as much as possible.
SarahsPen

Where do we all live?

Post by SarahsPen »

Heyyy, neighbor!!
ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:03 am
SarahsPen wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:04 pm Oh this is a fun topic! I’m new here everyone so hope it’s ok if I chime in! I currently live in a small town outside Austin, Texas in the U.S. —in theory a great place for lots of outdoor adventure but it’s so hot most of the year here :sob
Hi Sarah! So glad to have you here!! :love I'm in Dallas, we're practically neighbors! :)
SarahsPen

Where do we all live?

Post by SarahsPen »

Yes! That’s the Congress Street bridge. My husband and I got inexplicably dressed up to sit out by the water under the bridge waiting for the bats to come out. It was 💯 degrees and we were sweltering and the bats never came…it was a total dud :cry
Wildrover wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:18 am I worked for a company called National Instruments for 8 years which is based in Austin so I used to visit twice a year, in June and October. I really like Austin as a place to visit - I used to stay at a 4 Seasons opposite a bridge where hundreds of thousands of fruit bats roosted and took off in unison at dusk every night. It was an amazing sight. I also really liked 6th Street - loads of bars with live music to suit every taste. I couldn't live there because the heat is unbelievably oppressive - I can remember walking back from a club at 2 a.m. and you can still feel the heat searing up from the pavement and it was regularly over 100F in June. If anyone visits Austin I recommend the Segway tour of Austin on a Sunday - of the hundreds of corporate events I've done I reckon this was in the top 10 most popular and all my team really loved it.
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by dianakc »

I live in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia. It’s an interesting area with a mix of beautiful countryside, historical sites, urban sites, and bad traffic.
(I don’t own these photos by the way!)
Looks really lovely x
MacSwell

Where do we all live?

Post by MacSwell »

mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:10 pm The hoarfrost was so gorgeous for a few days...here is a picture that my relative took. This one could go on a calendar. It's a pretty typical rural Alberta sort of photo. Not sure if she doctored up the white and red contrast, but I doubt it.

ME
Gorgeous!
MacSwell

Where do we all live?

Post by MacSwell »

graceeliz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:37 pm My dad is from Burnley, a mill town, and mam is local to where we now live. This is the view out over the Solway. The second photo was taken by a local when I was out riding and put on Facebook, and shows not just one of my ponies but the beauty of the light we get out here on the Northwest coast.
Aww this looks so fun! I grew up riding and competed in Endurance racing in high school but I don’t get to do it much now. That lighting is so gorgeous!
MacSwell

Where do we all live?

Post by MacSwell »

I live in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia. It’s an interesting area with a mix of beautiful countryside, historical sites, urban sites, and bad traffic.
Wow these look stunning!

It’s cool to see where everyone is from. You all live in such beautiful places ❤️
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Beautiful pics, Sarah'sPen! I would love to go there.

Before Covid I used to love to take an Amtrak long-distance train from East to West coast. I got to see a lot of states that way. Not yet Pennsylvania. Maybe one day!
My husband and I got inexplicably dressed up to sit out by the water under the bridge waiting for the bats to come out. It was 💯 degrees and we were sweltering and the bats never came…it was a total dud
:rofl :rofl That absolutely cracked me up :D
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
gotabingley

Where do we all live?

Post by gotabingley »

Just saw this thread for the first time! Love the glorious pictures of your various locales!

As for me, Oregon is my home state, but I've lived in various towns in Utah for the past twenty years. I've been in Ogden for about five years now, which is 30 miles-ish north of Salt Lake City. My house/neighborhood isn't terribly glamorous, especially with a verrrrry snowy winter that's continued into March, giving me lots to shovel each week, but I have a wonderful view of the mountains every day. Especially Ben Lomond to the north (which IS named after Ben Lomond in the Scottish highlands. It is also, according to popular word-of-mouth, the inspiration for the Paramount Pictures mountain).
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by ColleenD »

That is just gorgeous!

I have to tell you though, whenever I hear Ogden UT, I think of taxes. That's where we send our taxes every year. LOL!
gotabingley

Where do we all live?

Post by gotabingley »

ColleenD wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:46 pm I have to tell you though, whenever I hear Ogden UT, I think of taxes. That's where we send our taxes every year. LOL!
:rofl
Love it. A member of my congregation works as support staff at the IRS office. I had no idea Ogden had a big IRS office until after I moved here.
gotabingley

Where do we all live?

Post by gotabingley »

Some other mountain-y views, but in summertime at a local baseball game. This isn't Ben Lomond; it's another part of the Wasatch mountain range.
20220715_194819.jpg
Fall time on the back side of the Wasatch mountain range.
20221009_150733.jpg
From the same fall pictures, but me and my silly kiddo.
20221009_153153.jpg
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

gotabingley wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:06 pm Some other mountain-y views, but in summertime at a local baseball game. This isn't Ben Lomond; it's another part of the Wasatch mountain range.20220715_194819.jpg Fall time on the back side of the Wasatch mountain range.20221009_150733.jpg From the same fall pictures, but me and my silly kiddo.20221009_153153.jpg
Oh these pictures are beautiful!!! And you both look lovely! 🥰
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by dianakc »

gotabingley wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:06 pm Some other mountain-y views, but in summertime at a local baseball game. This isn't Ben Lomond; it's another part of the Wasatch mountain range.20220715_194819.jpg Fall time on the back side of the Wasatch mountain range.20221009_150733.jpg From the same fall pictures, but me and my silly kiddo.20221009_153153.jpg
Lovely pics ❤
cashmeritan

Where do we all live?

Post by cashmeritan »

ColleenD wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:38 am

I live in Montgomery county, Pennsylvania near Philadelphia.
Cash!

I am originally from NEPA (I live in Alaska now)! PA is a beautiful state!

That's awesome! yay, fellow Pennsylvanian! Alaska is a gorgeous state too, I'd love to visit someday
:elephant
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

Ohhh you're so lovely and your wee one. I love it!!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
HerRoyalMajestrix

Where do we all live?

Post by HerRoyalMajestrix »

Cash! Am absolutely beside myself right now because I live in Exton in Chester County! I cannot believe I live so close to you. What a wonderful and unbelievable coincidence.
cashmeritan

Where do we all live?

Post by cashmeritan »

HerRoyalMajestrix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:49 pm

Cash! Am absolutely beside myself right now because I live in Exton in Chester County! I cannot believe I live so close to you. What a wonderful and unbelievable coincidence.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!! Holy crap, you live so closeby! I'm in Lansdale! So maybe 30-40 mins apart?
:elephant
HerRoyalMajestrix

Where do we all live?

Post by HerRoyalMajestrix »

cashmeritan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:47 pm
HerRoyalMajestrix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:49 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!! Holy crap, you live so closeby! I'm in Lansdale! So maybe 30-40 mins apart?
Utterly serious...and LOL I used to live in Lansdale before I moved to Chester County! Right in the apartments on Main. What a small world! :-)