Where do we all live?

Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

Of course I was delighted, even thrilled !!! My daughter watched with me like always and the end was excrutiating, we were both sweating and praying... another lost game after last week's humiliation against Ireland would have been a terrible blow for France !

How nice to speak of rugby here 😀😃
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Aliko wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:03 am How lovely !
You know Daisy, one of my dreams is to one day visit New-Zealand. Since I fell in love with the LOTR trilogy I am fascinated by your country. 😀
And also, I am a huge rugby fan 😉
I'm honestly a bit embarrassed about how much I don't watch rugby. :blush
I did watch the Rugby World Cup final on a WhatsApp convo with my South African cousins, so I'm not completely opting out!
(she/her)
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Aliko, how fun that you and your daughter watch together...though it sounds extremely stressful!

Rugby is a sport that completely baffles me. It's hardly played in the US and I simply can't get my head around it. The terminology, the field, the way the scores work...I'm always totally lost when British shows have a rugby episode. :rofl

I would love to visit New Zealand someday. :)
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

Violet83 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:20 pm Aliko, how fun that you and your daughter watch together...though it sounds extremely stressful!

Rugby is a sport that completely baffles me. It's hardly played in the US and I simply can't get my head around it. The terminology, the field, the way the scores work...I'm always totally lost when British shows have a rugby episode. :rofl

I would love to visit New Zealand someday. :)
Well yes, rugby can be stressful but that's also the fun in it right ? The Six Nations is for me every year's highlight and it has become quite the family affair since my husband and daughter have become fans as well 😀

But I agree with you, it is a complicated sport with an outrageous amount of rules that can give the impression that there are new ones everytime you watch a game haha :huh

In the US you have american football, which takes a bit after rugby but developed otherwise. I don't know it at all... but you know, there is a welsh player who just resigned from rugby and wants to integrate the NFL (poor Wales are desperate, because he is quite talented...)

If you ever watch, his name is Louis Rees-Zamit.

Well, enough for today ! 😉
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Aliko wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:51 am
In the US you have american football, which takes a bit after rugby but developed otherwise. I don't know it at all... but you know, there is a welsh player who just resigned from rugby and wants to integrate the NFL (poor Wales are desperate, because he is quite talented...)

If you ever watch, his name is Louis Rees-Zamit.

Well, enough for today ! 😉
My dad and brother are huge American football fans...so growing up I watched a LOT of football and those rules I know inside out. :rofl But I hardly watch it anymore. If I see a game, I'll keep my eye out for the Welsh player! :)
QueenCorbeau

Where do we all live?

Post by QueenCorbeau »

First post here. Y'all live in some very interesting places that I'd love to visit someday. I was raised in Louisiana (nowhere interesting really) and have been in SC Pennsylvania for the last seven years. We aren't too terribly far from Gettysburg and live in a tiny mountain village that I love. I haven't traveled as much in PA as I'd like since we moved up here - I haven't even made it as far as Pittsburgh or Philadelphia - but I did have a weekend vacation to myself in DC a few years ago, and I'd definitely love to go back and explore it further.

I *am* a writer, but I haven't written for N&S. Just been reading avidly the last several days after a rewatch and kept seeing this place pop up in the author notes for different people.
Attachments
At the Washington Monument on my trip to DC.
At the Washington Monument on my trip to DC.
The view from on top of the mountain which overlooks my village, facing away from town.
The view from on top of the mountain which overlooks my village, facing away from town.
Another fiery sunset near a church just off a major highway through here.
Another fiery sunset near a church just off a major highway through here.
Sunset over a (wheat?) field.
Sunset over a (wheat?) field.
A little creek we discovered on a hike near where we live.
A little creek we discovered on a hike near where we live.
My mind is at rest for my soul she has blessed with a touch of her love.
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Vandraren »

QueenCorbeau wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:59 am First post here. Y'all live in some very interesting places that I'd love to visit someday. I was raised in Louisiana (nowhere interesting really) and have been in SC Pennsylvania for the last seven years. We aren't too terribly far from Gettysburg and live in a tiny mountain village that I love. I haven't traveled as much in PA as I'd like since we moved up here - I haven't even made it as far as Pittsburgh or Philadelphia - but I did have a weekend vacation to myself in DC a few years ago, and I'd definitely love to go back and explore it further.

I *am* a writer, but I haven't written for N&S. Just been reading avidly the last several days after a rewatch and kept seeing this place pop up in the author notes for different people.
Wow, it's beautiful where you live, Corbeau!! I love the countryside and I've always dreamed of living more rural. Do you go on a lot of hikes in your area?
PA is definitely on my list of places to visit in the US, if I ever go there :)
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
QueenCorbeau

Where do we all live?

Post by QueenCorbeau »

Vandraren wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:49 am Wow, it's beautiful where you live, Corbeau!! I love the countryside and I've always dreamed of living more rural. Do you go on a lot of hikes in your area?
PA is definitely on my list of places to visit in the US, if I ever go there :)
When the weather is nice, we go out with cameras to hike or drive. Less so recently, as gas has gotten more expensive. I'm hoping to get more in again after the winter has passed.
My mind is at rest for my soul she has blessed with a touch of her love.
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

Hi there Queen ! That's how I choose to call you if you don't mind 😀
Welcome ! This is a very nice place with very nice people, I hope you will enjoy yourself 😊
.... and write for N&S !! 😉
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

QueenCorbeau wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:59 am First post here. Y'all live in some very interesting places that I'd love to visit someday. I was raised in Louisiana (nowhere interesting really) and have been in SC Pennsylvania for the last seven years. We aren't too terribly far from Gettysburg and live in a tiny mountain village that I love. I haven't traveled as much in PA as I'd like since we moved up here - I haven't even made it as far as Pittsburgh or Philadelphia - but I did have a weekend vacation to myself in DC a few years ago, and I'd definitely love to go back and explore it further.

Welcome Corbeau! Lovely pictures. I hope you enjoy hanging out with us here. Cheers!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

A warm welcome to you Corbeau!! So nice to see a new miller on here. And those pictures are gorgeous!!! Washington DC is such a cool place. I had a blast there when I visited ten years ago. I've also been to PA (Philadelphia and some of Amish country). Beautiful place!
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Those are some beautiful skies you've got there, Corbeau. Welcome to the Millers!
(she/her)
cashmeritan

Where do we all live?

Post by cashmeritan »

Nice! I'm from Montgomery County, PA but I grew up in the Reading area if you're familiar with it!!! Lovely photos by the way!
:elephant
Lothiriel84

Where do we all live?

Post by Lothiriel84 »

Hello, everyone - nice to meet you all.
I live in the country Mrs Shaw was ordered to spend a winter in for the sake of her health (just as she desired).
Attachments
View from a walk not two minutes away from my home.
View from a walk not two minutes away from my home.
View from a different walk, five minutes away from home.
View from a different walk, five minutes away from home.
Last edited by Lothiriel84 on Sun May 05, 2024 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

It's really beautiful!
(she/her)
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by anywhereis »

Lothiriel84 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 pm Hello, everyone - nice to meet you all.
I live in the country Mrs Shaw was ordered to spend a winter in for the sake of her health (just as she desired).
The contrast between the blue and the green is beautiful! I can imagine Margaret running around in there
(why does it remind me of the classic Windows wallpaper lol)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

Lothiriel84 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:01 pm Hello, everyone - nice to meet you all.
This is beautiful! Truly fantastic. Did you take this picture?
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Lothiriel :love I so want to have a house there! that's just beautiful :hugs
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by OurCreature »

A friend of two friends of mine bought a derelict farmhouse close to the Apennines in the country Mrs Shaw was ordered to spend a winter in for the sake of her health (just as she desired) and has renovated it; I don't know if it is a permanent or holiday home. My friends have been to stay there at least twice, and they say it and its surroundings are beautiful.

I had to use Yahoo! and skim-read the relevant chapter to learn which country it was. But then I have never read North and South.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
Lothiriel84

Where do we all live?

Post by Lothiriel84 »

Yes, I did take the picture myself - and I have finally got around to snap a decent one of a different view, and added it to my previous post.

OurCreature, may I ask whether your friends' friend's farmhouse is in the North or the South of the country? (Centre is also an option, by the way.)