mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

HerRoyalMajestrix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:22 pm
cashmeritan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:47 pm
HerRoyalMajestrix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:49 pm

Cash! Am absolutely beside myself right now because I live in Exton in Chester County! I cannot believe I live so close to you. What a wonderful and unbelievable coincidence.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!! Holy crap, you live so closeby! I'm in Lansdale! So maybe 30-40 mins apart?
Utterly serious...and LOL I used to live in Lansdale before I moved to Chester County! Right in the apartments on Main. What a small world! :-)
You could totally meet up!!

ME
cashmeritan

Where do we all live?

Post by cashmeritan »

HerRoyalMajestrix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:49 pm

Cash! Am absolutely beside myself right now because I live in Exton in Chester County! I cannot believe I live so close to you. What a wonderful and unbelievable coincidence.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!! Holy crap, you live so closeby! I'm in Lansdale! So maybe 30-40 mins apart?
Utterly serious...and LOL I used to live in Lansdale before I moved to Chester County! Right in the apartments on Main. What a small world! :-)
It truly is a small world, omg. I think this is a sign that we need to become friends.
:elephant
HerRoyalMajestrix

Where do we all live?

Post by HerRoyalMajestrix »

cashmeritan wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:48 am

It truly is a small world, omg. I think this is a sign that we need to become friends.
Yes, I think this is a definite sign from the universe. :heart
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

You guys absolutely must meet up in a coffee-shop midway!

One of you must carry a Plato, and the other be wearing an undone bracelet. Both of you must represent The Mill about your persons, in some fashion. (perhaps a pepper MILL hanging from your belt? a MILLstone round your neck?) :D
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:28 pm You guys absolutely must meet up in a coffee-shop midway!

One of you must carry a Plato, and the other be wearing an undone bracelet. Both of you must represent The Mill about your persons, in some fashion. (perhaps a pepper MILL hanging from your belt? a MILLstone round your neck?) :D
🤣🤣🤣🤣
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by ColleenD »

Found this online and thought I would share. I drive this scenic road a couple of times a year between where I live and Anchorage. From the road you can sometimes see the mountain goats as little white spots on the cliffs.
Attachments
339179281_2065525913639168_7881968679162099360_n.jpg
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Oh wow, that's an incredible view.
(she/her)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

That's delightful! I would love a drive down that road someday
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Here are some spring pictures which were taken around my home town in Upper Austria.

The first three are from yesterday.
20230407_142558.jpg
View of my home town with the alpine foothills in the background.

20230407_142812.jpg
Tree in bloom.

20230407_144258.jpg
Wild garlic - we collected some to make soup and pesto.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

And these were taken a couple of years ago.

18491509_459323931084306_7801757961339104395_o.jpg
18489816_459323584417674_7315650671792551885_o.jpg
18489543_459323067751059_6662979355054683963_o.jpg
18451621_459322571084442_5996185445190253552_o.jpg
18451712_459323281084371_825734005757274870_o.jpg
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

It's incredibly pretty where you live...
(she/her)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Wow, Tom and Colleen, how beautiful pics. Love these scenes so much. :loveeyes

So this is my older sisters (singer) private house yard. Maybe in pics it's not seem so large, but in nature it is large. She really lives in beautiful place too with her family. I took these pics today when we celebrated Easter. How you can see it was sunny and was very warm 16C degree. So wonderful weather for Easter. It's not often like this. One year in Easters was snow and cold. I'm very happy that this time weather was so enjoyable! :up
IMG_20230408_195110.jpg
IMG_20230408_195057-PANO.jpg
IMG_20230408_195057.jpg
IMG_20230408_184311.jpg
IMG_20230408_184245.jpg
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

IMG_20230408_195124.jpg
IMG_20230408_195119.jpg
IMG_20230408_195115.jpg
MyWatchBegins
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by MyWatchBegins »

Hello all, I'm Roxana, will turn fabulous 40 y.o this year, I live in Romania - specifically in Craiova.
It's past midnight now, so no photos as of yet, but I'll try to find some flattering ones of my very unexciting city. Tomorrow, definitely tomorrow.
Some more unrequested info about me: I stumbled upon the proposal scene in Pride and Prejudice when I was 12, just Darcy casually leaning on that mantlepiece, with the haunted look in his eyes, without knowing where it's from or what it is. It took some browsing of the tv guide in the good old days before the internets, but I finally identified it and watched it all.
That same year, I found that Santa had hidden a crisp new copy of North and South at the bottom of my parents' wardrobe, in English (which they were hoping I would learn well). I read it clandestinelly, sitting on the floor, ears peeled to prevent detection, while being mildly disappointed that it wasn't the popular N&S tv-show about the American Civil War I was watching at the time.
Finished it, and put it back, without understanding all that much, but hooked already. Once Christmas came around, I read it again, and then again, almost each and every year since, together with Pride and Prejudice. And later Wuthering Heights, ofc, thought you really do have to be an adult to understand where that's going.
And that is how I became a hopeless romantic and have been walking around with my head in the clouds ever since.
I'm also a proper nerd, play World of Warcraft and love A Song of Ice and Fire, which is what inspired my user name, the Night's Watch vow: "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."
I thought it very representative of me on fanfic forums :rofl
I think N&S, being the first book I read in English, can be credited with leaning ms to my current job, of English translator, and Sailor Moon with the Italian translator half of it.
I talk a lot, sorry, should have said at the start. :tongue

P.S . All typos belong to my phone, which hated me, has autocorrect în 3 languages and never corrects anything. "În" means "in" - so now you know some Romanian.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

MyWatchBegins wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 pm Hello all, I'm Roxana, will turn fabulous 40 y.o this year, I live in Romania - specifically in Craiova.
It's past midnight now, so no photos as of yet, but I'll try to find some flattering ones of my very unexciting city. Tomorrow, definitely tomorrow.
Some more unrequested info about me: I stumbled upon the proposal scene in Pride and Prejudice when I was 12, just Darcy casually leaning on that mantlepiece, with the haunted look in his eyes, without knowing where it's from or what it is. It took some browsing of the tv guide in the good old days before the internets, but I finally identified it and watched it all.
That same year, I found that Santa had hidden a crisp new copy of North and South at the bottom of my parents' wardrobe, in English (which they were hoping I would learn well). I read it clandestinelly, sitting on the floor, ears peeled to prevent detection, while being mildly disappointed that it wasn't the popular N&S tv-show about the American Civil War I was watching at the time.
Finished it, and put it back, without understanding all that much, but hooked already. Once Christmas came around, I read it again, and then again, almost each and every year since, together with Pride and Prejudice. And later Wuthering Heights, ofc, thought you really do have to be an adult to understand where that's going.
And that is how I became a hopeless romantic and have been walking around with my head in the clouds ever since.
I'm also a proper nerd, play World of Warcraft and love A Song of Ice and Fire, which is what inspired my user name, the Night's Watch vow: "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death."
I think N&S, being the first book I read in English, can be credited with leaning ms to my current job, of English translator, and Sailor Moon with the Italian translator half of it.

P.S . All typos belong to my phone, which hated me, has autocorrect în 3 languages and never corrects anything. "În" means "in" - so now you know some Romanian.
Awesome!! I love it! Welcome, again! Some books are meant to be read every year.

ME
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by dianakc »

MyWatchBegins wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:40 pm Hello all, I'm Roxana, will turn fabulous 40 y.o this year, I live in Romania - specifically in Craiova.

How fantastic! I look forward to seeing your pictures x
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Hello, Roxana. How wonderful to get one more European here in forum. I'm so happy for it. 😃 I'm from Latvia and I'm 32. My real name is Liga, but you can call me Fossy like all Millers here doing it. :up I discovered N&S nine years ago when I watched 2004 miniseries and fell in love with it. After watching I wanted to read book very much, but can't find it. Only few years later I finally found it and read. It's wonderful like miniseries too. I love both. 😍 I'm also hopeless romantic and love period drama series, movies and books. So without N&S I like another British period drama series "Sanditon" if you are hear about it. It's also wonderful. Especially last season. 🥰

I'm Forsteriaana30 in Ao3 and Fanfiction.net! 😉

Anyway, we have chats each Saturday in evening around 7pm (19:00). We both are in the same time zone. So you can join us if you want. Here's a link - hard-facts.net/fx/chat/blabaxpro.php, but also is app for phone which looks like this and can find it in Google Play:
Screenshot_20230411-133257.png
Also we have non Millers chats in Friday's evenings to around 23:30. You can join here too. That mean that there's other participants of this forum who isn't N&S fans. :up

Welcome again, Roxana! :wave
MyWatchBegins
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by MyWatchBegins »

Off Topic
Hiya, Fossy, nice to meet you!
I haven't been to Latvia or any other Baltic countries yet, but it's on the bucket list. I love your country's Eurovision entry for this year ! It probably won't win, not campy enough, but it's a very good song. It's Sudden Lights - Aijā - in case anybody's curious.
Not sure if they demolished you guys like they did us here, but I feel like maybe you can possibly understand the real struggle of somebody from a state where communism left so many architectural atrocities to find some nice pictures. The folks over in the UK, New Zeeland and USA/Canada probably don't really know what an apartment block is - and its adjacent parking ... :D
Will go scour my photo folders now, some flowers must be in bloom somewhere.
Also big thanks to Mimosa, Tom, DianaKC, Seb (Merry?), ForeverAutumn and everybody else for the warm welcome! You're all so nice!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Thank you, Roxana. I'm so happy that you like Latvia's Eurovision entry. In true that song didn't stay in my mind so I can't remember how it was. Will need to relistening again. :lol Also I didn't listening your country's entry yet, but I'll doing it. Want to see what songs will be in this year. :up

Yeah, I can understand what you mean. :up

Anyway, Tom is from Austria and Diana and Merry are from UK, so now we Europeans are more here and it's so wonderful. 😃

I will waiting your pics whatever they will look! 😉
MyWatchBegins
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by MyWatchBegins »

Off Topic
This is our (very) small house in the countryside, which we bought when pandemic started.
20210508_110445.jpg
I wake up stupid early and there was some fog in the valley below.
20220924_074124.jpg
Red sunrise over our vineyard.
20220827_065924.jpg
On our last hike, about 100 km from our city.
20210521_122901.jpg
Mural in front of my parent's apartment, Craiova city center
20200911_162620.jpg