Where do we all live?

Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am We have a little bit of snow in Upper Austria. Only about two or three inches really, but it still looks nice. I took these yesterday on a little walk.
Beautiful! I love the gentle quiet of a winter walk in the woods. ❄️

I was in Austria for about 1 hour last summer 🤣 - we were visiting friends who live on the Swiss/Austrian border and we went into Austria just briefly. It was really pretty. That’s probably much more west compared to where you are, though.
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:14 am So this how it looks where I'm living at the moment! :snowing
Such a pretty winter scene! Now I think I need some photos from people who live in a warm climate after all of this snow…! 😎
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Violet83 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:52 pm
TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am We have a little bit of snow in Upper Austria. Only about two or three inches really, but it still looks nice. I took these yesterday on a little walk.

I was in Austria for about 1 hour last summer 🤣 - we were visiting friends who live on the Swiss/Austrian border and we went into Austria just briefly. It was really pretty. That’s probably much more west compared to where you are, though.
Oh really? Do you remember which town you went to? Was it Bregenz? I've been there. I'm much further east, practically on the other side of the country, but then, it's not such a big country. 🤣
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Oh really? Do you remember which town you went to? Was it Bregenz? I've been there. I'm much further east, practically on the other side of the country, but then, it's not such a big country. 🤣
Yes! Bregenz! Most of the trip was in Switzerland, but one day went through Bregenz and to Lindau (across the German border).

Austria may be small but it’s still much larger than New Hampshire! 😆
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Violet83 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:02 pm
TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Yes! Bregenz! Most of the trip was in Switzerland, but one day went through Bregenz and to Lindau (across the German border).

Austria may be small but it’s still much larger than New Hampshire! 😆
True that. But then, it's a state while Austria is our entire COUNTRY. 😅🤣😂
Kaybell

Where do we all live?

Post by Kaybell »

Wow, so much snow where all of you live! It’s so beautiful! It never snows where I live. :lol
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DarkshireLass »

I spent my high school years in Berkeley, CA. One year (?1998) we went over for Christmas, and it snowed when we were in Jack London Square! I think that was the first snow I saw in the Bay Area.

Now I live on the foot of the Pennines in the north of England (pretty much in Darkshire, if we but knew its boundaries) and while we do not get snow like we and they used to, it does snow at least a bit every winter. It is driving in snow that I really really hate. Especially on windy little Pennine roads at night. Every few years snow closes even the motorway and tons of people get stranded!
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by anywhereis »

Here we have two seasons, dry season and rainy season. It lasts for six month each, and Christmas means it's raining all day :xmas

24 degrees already feels like a freezer to me :rofl
mimosa wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:58 pm
anywhereis wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:53 pm I live in a tropical country so I've never experienced snow in my life. What I would give to make snow angels and make a snowman :snowing

and -37? LOL. :snowing That's what my city in Canada had last week up until Sunday. I think that everyone should experience that at least once...

But we did have nice temperatures and a brown Christmas. A tropical Christmas makes no sense to me. It's wrong on a number of levels for me.

ME
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

DarkshireLass wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:10 am I spent my high school years in Berkeley, CA. One year (?1998) we went over for Christmas, and it snowed when we were in Jack London Square! I think that was the first snow I saw in the Bay Area.

Now I live on the foot of the Pennines in the north of England (pretty much in Darkshire, if we but knew its boundaries) and while we do not get snow like we and they used to, it does snow at least a bit every winter. It is driving in snow that I really really hate. Especially on windy little Pennine roads at night. Every few years snow closes even the motorway and tons of people get stranded!
I agree 100% about driving in snow! The only thing worse than driving in snow is driving in freezing rain. Sounds like a really pretty place to live, though, when it's not snowing. :)
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

anywhereis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:34 pm Here we have two seasons, dry season and rainy season. It lasts for six month each, and Christmas means it's raining all day :xmas

24 degrees already feels like a freezer to me :rofl
Wow, I'm not sure what I would do if it rained every day for 6 months straight (or the opposite either...no rain for 6 months)! It must feel amazing when the other season finally comes!
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DarkshireLass »

well, if I could work out how to insert an image, I would show you where I live!
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by eccles »

How on earth did I miss this thread and all the wonderful winter photos?
In my part of England we get some snow most years but it doesn't usually last long and for photos you have to get up early before the sun melts it off the trees. Since this thread is called The Mill at Milton I thought I'd post a couple from The Mill at Willsbridge, which is a ten minute walk from my suburban home. They were taken ten years ago, and I got up early(ish) that day.
mill.jpg
mill2.jpg
Last edited by eccles on Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by eccles »

@Darkshirelass, you can post photos by opening a normal post dialogue that you use to write an entry or reply then drag and drop your image in the window. The default is an attachment but you can scroll down and click on "place inline" to put it with your text.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

eccles wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:34 pm How on earth did I miss this thread and all the wonderful winter photos?
In my part of England we get some snow most years but you have to get up early before the sun melts it off the trees. Since this thread is called The Mill at Milton I thought I'd post a couple from The Mill at Willsbridge, which is a ten minute walk from my suburban home. They were taken ten years ago, and I got up early(ish) that day.
mill.jpg
mill2.jpg
Eccs this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Oh gosh Eccs, those pictures are amazing!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Another pic I took this past weekend. My hometown in the snow with the alpine foothills in the background.
20240121_135552.jpg

And these I took this morning on my way to work. This is Vienna, near the river Danube and Danube Island (where I work).
20240123_081817.jpg
20240123_081801.jpg
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DarkshireLass »

20211010_151857 (1).jpg
20210211_142113.jpg
DarkshireLass
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DarkshireLass »

JAN 2024.jpg
the other day, coming up from the village - the monument is the war memorial

Previous pictures are: moors in summer and up on a Pennine road about a mile from the house, with ice
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Vandraren »

Violet83 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:23 pm Everyone lives in such interesting places all over the world! This is so fun to browse your photos!

I live in New Hampshire, which is in the northeastern United States. Nothing too special to say about my town, but we have lots of nice parks, trails, and forests around us.

2016-11-01 16.08.28.jpg

Right now it's winter, so we have snow, ice, and cold. And skiing! (Tip your head for this photo...I can't figure out how to rotate it! :rofl ) (Rotated. Merry)

2023-01-22 14.14.21x.jpg

2015-08-08 10.00.13.jpg

In the summer, we like to drive to the coast, where there are beaches and beautiful towns and harbors on the Atlantic Ocean.

IMG_1790.JPG
New Hampshire looks wonderful!! I'd love to visit especially the northeastern coast of the US one day. Also Maine!
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Vandraren »

Gosh, I love everyones pictures!! It seems this winter we've all been quite lucky with snow in the northern hemisphere.

Magda, I simply love the landscape of the moors!
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen