Where do we all live?

Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:13 pm
Could you tell me how I can post photos here ? I seem incapable of it...
When you open a new post dialogue that you use to write post or reply, you can click on "attachments" to select a photo or drag and drop your photo in the window. The default is an attachment but when you add them you can scroll down and click on "place inline" to put it with your text. Hope that makes sense!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:06 pm
Yes sometimes ! Not so often now though... last time was in 2021. But I keep in touch closely with my family there.
And you are right, I am convinced that my love for nature comes from my childhood time there. I never could get to love the see like I love the mountains and forests. There is nothing like the green of an austrian landscape. Nothing.
So much beauty, freedom and love from my big family, it was wonderful growing up there, even only in the summer ! I still love to go there of course, though it has lost a bit of its magic (the kind of magic you only experience as a child of course...)
You could say Austria is my Helstone 😉 I feel deeply rooted in this country and culture.

And the grandfather I talked to you about in one of my comments, the one who was a gamekeeper, was of course my austrian Großpapa... his name was Franz, he was a very quiet and kind man with the most fervent love for his wife and always in deepest communion with nature, and I loved him dearly. So you see now why your gamekeeper-John feels like family to me !!

It would be good fun to meet one day next time I am in Vienna !
Oh gosh, now that really IS a lovely coincidence!! 😍 So maybe, when imagining John walking in the woods, your image and mine aren't that far apart. 😉 I spent most of my childhood days playing in the woods of Upper Austria. And my own grandfather, who I was very close to (although he sadly died when I was very young) loved them too. In fact, I have a tattoo of an old man and a boy (my grandpa and me) walking through the woods, in his memory. And the whole thing is adorned with the same Robert Frost quote I used at the beginning of my current story. 😉

And yes, please, let me know whenever you are in Vienna. I would absolutely LOVE to meet up!! 😍😁😁
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Violet83 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:10 pm
Aliko wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:13 pm
Could you tell me how I can post photos here ? I seem incapable of it...
When you open a new post dialogue that you use to write post or reply, you can click on "attachments" to select a photo or drag and drop your photo in the window. The default is an attachment but when you add them you can scroll down and click on "place inline" to put it with your text. Hope that makes sense!
That is a very good explanation. And just in case you have trouble (depending on the size of your image that can happen), do let us know. Merry can surely help you with it. She is always happy to assist people with these little tech problems on the board.
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

TRavine wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:54 am
Yes sometimes ! Not so often now though... last time was in 2021. But I keep in touch closely with my family there.
And you are right, I am convinced that my love for nature comes from my childhood time there. I never could get to love the see like I love the mountains and forests. There is nothing like the green of an austrian landscape. Nothing.
So much beauty, freedom and love from my big family, it was wonderful growing up there, even only in the summer ! I still love to go there of course, though it has lost a bit of its magic (the kind of magic you only experience as a child of course...)
You could say Austria is my Helstone 😉 I feel deeply rooted in this country and culture.

And the grandfather I talked to you about in one of my comments, the one who was a gamekeeper, was of course my austrian Großpapa... his name was Franz, he was a very quiet and kind man with the most fervent love for his wife and always in deepest communion with nature, and I loved him dearly. So you see now why your gamekeeper-John feels like family to me !!

Oh gosh, now that really IS a lovely coincidence!! 😍 So maybe, when imagining John walking in the woods, your image and mine aren't that far apart. 😉 I spent most of my childhood days playing in the woods of Upper Austria. And my own grandfather, who I was very close to (although he sadly died when I was very young) loved them too. In fact, I have a tattoo of an old man and a boy (my grandpa and me) walking through the woods, in his memory. And the whole thing is adorned with the same Robert Frost quote I used at the beginning of my current story. 😉

And yes, please, let me know whenever you are in Vienna. I would absolutely LOVE to meet up!! 😍😁😁
Yes I definitely think we have very similar images ! :cuddle
Grandparents have quite a special influence on us, don't they ? They are like the guardians of our childhood realm. No wonder then that you have a tattoo to honor this grandfather of yours :)
I didn't know Robert Frost, but this poem is indeed absolutely lovely !
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.53.36.png
Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.56.01.png
Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.55.27.png
Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.53.20.png
Some pictures of my lovely hometown !
Paris is noisy, smelly, dirty, there is so much pollution. But where else in the world do you get to see such breathtaking view ? There is the absolute worst and also the best of humanity in this city, it's quite fascinating :smug
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Aliko wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:00 am Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.53.36.png

Paris is noisy, smelly, dirty, there is so much pollution. But where else in the world do you get to see such breathtaking view ? There is the absolute worst and also the best of humanity in this city, it's quite fascinating :smug
The photos of Paris are stunning! I was in Paris maybe 15 years ago, but not since then...your pictures make me want to go back. :)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

anywhereis wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:06 am IMG_1171.jpeg
May I present to you this fish-shaped…teapot?

IMG_1172.jpeg
This is a Javanese style pottery. It’s a staple in Indonesian households. I have these and I put it on my living room and put flowers there

IMG_1173.jpeg
This one’s my favorite :smug I think it’s used to store spices (like salt, pepper, etc)

Pottery is a common thing in here. It’s affordable, it can be used as many things and could also be an antique items
Philipaholt wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:17 pm
anywhereis wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:21 am Aww thank you! :love I wonder if I could make something of rain and sun :smug

POTTERY!!!
SEE??? You have something wonderful to give the world!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

Aliko wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:00 am Capture d’écran 2024-01-26 à 09.53.36.png

Alice, these pictures are so beautiful. I'm in utter and complete awe. My daughter would love to visit France someday as she is learning French in school. Stunning. Absolutely and completely jaw dropping. We will pretend the city smells as pretty as it looks.
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:54 am

I swear, you're going to meet everyone in the Mill aren't you???
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 pm
[/quote]

That's my life goal. 😆

For context, for everyone who joined recently. I visited Merry twice and I've met Diana and Magda when I was in Manchester last summer. Next Summer I'm flying to the US to visit Pippa and meet some millers in the US. 😉😆 It's a challenge now. 🤣
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

TRavine wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:33 am That's my life goal. 😆

For context, for everyone who joined recently. I visited Merry twice and I've met Diana and Magda when I was in Manchester last summer. Next Summer I'm flying to the US to visit Pippa and meet some millers in the US. 😉😆 It's a challenge now. 🤣
That's so exciting. I think maybe we should get a map with pins and ribbons showing your flight map. Like Indiana Jones...
(she/her)
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

TRavine wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:00 pm High-Resolution-World-Map (1).jpg

I'll have to figure out a way to post this in a better resolution.
There are people missing on this map don't you think ? 😉
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Aliko wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:06 am
TRavine wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:00 pm High-Resolution-World-Map (1).jpg

I'll have to figure out a way to post this in a better resolution.
There are people missing on this map don't you think ? 😉
It's oooold. We need to make a new one 🤣
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

TRavine wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:33 am
That's my life goal. 😆

[/quote]

What a fantastic and fun life goal! Sounds like you’re making great progress...but the more new people who join, the more the challenge grows! 😅🤣
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

Violet83 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:26 pm
That's my life goal. 😆

What a fantastic and fun life goal! Sounds like you’re making great progress...but the more new people who join, the more the challenge grows! 😅🤣
[/quote]
Violet83
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Violet83 »

That's my life goal. 😆

30 minutes from where I live in New Hampshire is the Robert Frost Farm...if your US trip brings you up this way....
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Violet83 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:39 pm
That's my life goal. 😆

30 minutes from where I live in New Hampshire is the Robert Frost Farm...if your US trip brings you up this way....
Oh gosh, I love Robert Frost!! If I ever go back there, I must check it out!
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

A nice Sunday at Khandallah Park...
20240211_123535.jpg
20240211_123810.jpg
20240211_123222.jpg
(she/her)
Aliko

Where do we all live?

Post by Aliko »

How lovely !
You know Daisy, one of my dreams is to one day visit New-Zealand. Since I fell in love with the LOTR trilogy I am fascinated by your country. 😀
And also, I am a huge rugby fan 😉
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by OurCreature »

Aliko wrote
And also, I am a huge rugby fan 😉
In that case you probably will have been delighted by yesterday's result at Murrayfield (Scotland 16 France 20) though the disallowed Scotland try at the end helped! :D

I didn't watch the game but I keep an eye on the results every so often.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.