Where do we all live?

Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:15 pm Thank y'all so much! :D Been thinking of printing one of them on a big canvas and hanging it up in my flat. We'll see.
Do It.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:15 pm Thank y'all so much! :D Been thinking of printing one of them on a big canvas and hanging it up in my flat. We'll see.
Very genius idea, Tom. Definitely do it! 😃 :clapping
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

They are very good. Which one would you pick? I would totally have a hard time because they're all that good. You could even pick a foursome and get them done -- not as large as one big, but all four together on the wall would equate to being that big...

ME
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

mimosa wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:53 pm
They are very good. Which one would you pick? I would totally have a hard time because they're all that good. You could even pick a foursome and get them done -- not as large as one big, but all four together on the wall would equate to being that big...

ME
I was thinking of maybe getting the first or second one on a split canvas (you know where you have three or four pieces you arrange to make up a big picture). I've got this big blank wall in my bedroom. And then maybe I could get some smaller ones for the other walls. 🤔
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

I would do it, they are as good as any professional photo I've seen! :hugs

I had this one my daughter took from the top of Broadway Tower (a folly which is one of the two highest places in the Cotswolds) printed out and framed. I love it but somehow it always fails in local photo comps - I guess the judges don't get the point of it - which is "The Lonely Tractor in a vast landscape" :D and also, it is not such good quality as yours, Tom, taken on a long-ago iPhone. I still like it though and it looks nice on my wall:

view2.jpg
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

That's so lovely, Seb. What a spectacular view
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:29 pm I would do it, they are as good as any professional photo I've seen! :hugs

I had this one my daughter took from the top of Broadway Tower (a folly which is one of the two highest places in the Cotswolds) printed out and framed. I love it but somehow it always fails in local photo comps - I guess the judges don't get the point of it - which is "The Lonely Tractor in a vast landscape" :D and also, it is not such good quality as yours, Tom, taken on a long-ago iPhone. I still like it though and it looks nice on my wall:
That is also breathtaking!! Love the tractor. You know....we get jacquielawson advent calendars every year and a few years ago it was in the Cotswolds. This is why I love that you live there. (Please direct me to your Christmas topics in your forum...lol)

ME
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

mimosa wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:53 am
merry wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:29 pm I would do it, they are as good as any professional photo I've seen! :hugs

That is also breathtaking!! Love the tractor. You know....we get jacquielawson advent calendars every year and a few years ago it was in the Cotswolds. This is why I love that you live there. (Please direct me to your Christmas topics in your forum...lol). Anyone with young children kids (I'm thinking specifically of Pippa here) would love it.

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Thank you for liking my little lonely tractor :))))

We do decorate the board for Christmas :xmas and do a few Christmas quizzes.

Ohhhh I have a friend who sends me a JacquieLawson christmas card! her work is beautiful!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
ComicLitChick

Where do we all live?

Post by ComicLitChick »

TRavine wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:58 am
ComicLitChick wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:30 am Thought I'd let you know a few Hard Facts, (haha) about me: [1] I live in Salt Lake City, Utah; [2] have never written fanfic; [3] like reading; [4] am a workaholic but love being able to pop in an out of AoO for short breaks. (Free time is an inconsistent commodity for me.) Thanks to all contributors for my pleasure reading time. ;)
A very warm welcome to ComicLitChick! 😍 So happy that you joined US! Utah is beautiful!! Are those current pics with the snow already? 😲😲

I will keep working on our map 😊
Yikes! I haven't been able to get back here long enough to read responses, nor respond. You all here are so welcoming and it doesn't hurt that we share similar interests. :love

I might've revealed myself, :blush meaning I don't provide feedback much as I'm totally inconsistent as I have no set work schedule. (I live a crazy ass life in self-employed retail.)

Oh well, I guess I'm gonna out myself even more, but I'm not good at being incognito anyway. Since 1986, I've been selling comics, books, stuff like that, we recently had the opportunity to close our brick & mortar shops when rents were increasing and then Covid hit. So perfect timing, which is wild because if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have non at all. HaHa

Anyway, please forgive my hit and run approach to these responses. I pop in when I get a free minute or two then have to go back to help someone. Yes, closed stores but still do mail order service, which we've done since the 80s.

Oh damn, way to much info. Sorry, I should stick on the mail order labels I was printing when I stopped in here.

Thank you for the welcoming words and map stuff. I'll hopefully be back later today, tonight after my post office/UPS stops, dog walking and dinner. For my dog, my hubs has opposable thumbs so doesn't need my non-domestic abilities.

Attachments
Night Flight Comics @ Library Square
Night Flight Comics @ Library Square
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Lovely post, CLC - I love the picture!
which is wild because if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have non at all.
:eek :lol

You pop in as and when you can - always be glad to see you!

What an interesting life/job.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

This morning was so beautiful in my city. Now we have snow finally and this is a look from my flat. Almost look like winter wonderland! :snowing :love
Attachments
IMG_20221120_143249.jpg
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Oh, that's lovely, Fossy! It truly does look beautiful with the snow! :snowing :xmas
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Beautiful!!!

I do so love snow when it is so fresh and new!

I hope it doesn't cause you any problems, Fossy - that's the less fun side of snow.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Thank you, guys. :bighug It is beautiful, yeah. 😃
merry wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:20 pm I hope it doesn't cause you any problems, Fossy - that's the less fun side of snow.
No, it's not. It's alright now. At the moment there's not very much snow, only a tiny layer, so it's doesn't cause complications! :up
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

I live in a lovely suburb of Houston, Texas. It is warm here much of the year, and I love it because our gardening season is very long. I have lived all over the United States, but have made Houston my home.

We have so many cultural events here in our very diverse community. It makes it a wonderful place to live, but I have to admit traffic is horrendous at times and not my favorite thing about living here.
Attachments
The park in my neighborhood.
The park in my neighborhood.
A little shopping area in my community.
A little shopping area in my community.
My community
My community
Houston's beautiful skyline at night.
Houston's beautiful skyline at night.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Oh, those are lovely, Annabella!
:hugs
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Texas looks lovely, Annabella! Haven't ever made it down there yet. But maybe one day!
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

Thank you, Merry and Tom!

Merry, there are lovely tearooms to visit should you ever visit me in Texas, and would it not be fun to chat over a steaming cup of tea, or a glass of wine?

If you come to Texas ever Tom, there are so many fun places I could take you!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

This is how my city Ogre will look when the city tree will be lit. This is from last year, but in principle this look is every year! 😃🎄 :xmas

FB_IMG_1669400729331.jpg