How about a Millers' Chat in the new Chatroom?

Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:38 pm Thursday 21.30-22.30 GMT is whole-board chat (you lot are always welcome too!! in fact they ask where you are if no Millers show up ) so not then.
I really would love to be there in this time, but for work I can't. But this Thursday I will manage to here, 'cuz I'm ill again. In this time I have sore throat, cough and little bit temperature. I got doctor's note and will stay home this week, so that's why I will try to be here if I will feel good! :up
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

18th sounds great! I'll be there :)
And I'll be there tomorrow evening. Probably won't make it today.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Oh Fossy! :hugs Sorry you are unwell again. Do you need a "tonic" or something? (I don't expect they really work - probably just a mix of vitamins but my daughter and I bought a huge bottle of Binatone (?) after being ill for five weeks repeatedly. Mind you she hasnt let me have a drop of it yet, it vanished to her house lol.

And someone I met the other day who works with children in a school (rife for illness!) said she swears by daily Echinacea.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:16 pm Oh Fossy! :hugs Sorry you are unwell again. Do you need a "tonic" or something? (I don't expect they really work - probably just a mix of vitamins but my daughter and I bought a huge bottle of Binatone (?) after being ill for five weeks repeatedly. Mind you she hasnt let me have a drop of it yet, it vanished to her house lol.

And someone I met the other day who works with children in a school (rife for illness!) said she swears by daily Echinacea.
Good ones, Merry! Also, do make sure y'all take your vitamin Ds! Many people forget, but we don't get enough sunlight in winter and vitamin D is essential, not only for bone health but the immune system as well, and a lack of vitamin d can contribute to increased tiredness and seasonal depression.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:16 pm Oh Fossy! :hugs Sorry you are unwell again. Do you need a "tonic" or something? (I don't expect they really work - probably just a mix of vitamins but my daughter and I bought a huge bottle of Binatone (?) after being ill for five weeks repeatedly. Mind you she hasnt let me have a drop of it yet, it vanished to her house lol.

Thank you, merry, for advices. I have vitamins, fruits and teas, so will be alright with me. :cuddle I know about Echinacea. It's very good and therapeutic. Maybe I'll try. Thank you, dear! :hugs
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:23 pm Good ones, Merry! Also, do make sure y'all take your vitamin Ds! Many people forget, but we don't get enough sunlight in winter and vitamin D is essential, not only for bone health but the immune system as well, and a lack of vitamin d can contribute to increased tiredness and seasonal depression.
I know about this too. I used vitamin D for while, but then forget and didn't use. Well, will be need to resume use it. Thank you, Tom! :cuddle
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:23 pm

Good ones, Merry! Also, do make sure y'all take your vitamin Ds! Many people forget, but we don't get enough sunlight in winter and vitamin D is essential, not only for bone health but the immune system as well, and a lack of vitamin d can contribute to increased tiredness and seasonal depression.
Ohhhh yes vitamin d. I think I've got some under my sink...thanks for the reminder!!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

Looking forward to the 18th!

Fossy, I hope you feel better soon! I wish Dr. Donaldson could send you something :lol:
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

impossibleusay wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:28 am Looking forward to the 18th!

Fossy, I hope you feel better soon! I wish Dr. Donaldson could send you something :lol:
Oh, thank you, Impy. I'd love to get some advice from him, especially if him send John! 🤭 :heart
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

So, the chat-thing tomorrow is still standing? I'm planning to be in the chat from around 2pm Austrian time and will probably stay in there for most of the afternoon and evening (will try to get some writing done on the side). Would be lovely to catch some of y'all there.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:33 pm So, the chat-thing tomorrow is still standing? I'm planning to be in the chat from around 2pm Austrian time and will probably stay in there for most of the afternoon and evening (will try to get some writing done on the side). Would be lovely to catch some of y'all there.
Oh, I already forgot about this. Thank you, Tom, for reminding it. I can be there around 1pm or 2pm Latvian time and will whole time 'till evening and maybe I also will try to get some writing done on the side! :up
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I might be able to catch a bit of it in the early morning before everyone wakes up to get ready for church...so 6 or 7 my time...1 or 2 England time, 2 or 3 Austrian, 3 or 4 Latvian. That should work out. OR it'll be between services....that would be the later evening for you, although I have to play the organ for the afternoon service. (P and A are playing trumpet with me for a Christmas carol I'm playing for the collection...so great.)

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've just come home late from a wonderful Handel's Messiah at Tewkesbury Abbey, and remembered this but seems like y'all remembered it anyway!

I'll post it on the noticeboard as I think OC at least said he was interested in popping in.
I have to play the organ for the afternoon service. (P and A are playing trumpet with me for a Christmas carol I'm playing for the collection
We have such musical Millers! Your family and Tom probably play 50 instruments between you! :bighug

Hopefully catch some of you tomorrow in the Chatroom.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I'm in Chatroom now if what and waiting when someone will appear there! :up
AnnabellaGrace
100 Posts
100 Posts

Post by AnnabellaGrace »

I came to chat this afternoon, but everyone must be busy today. I am going to a gathering here in a bit, but hope to catch up with ya'll later. :heart :heart :heart
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

AnnabellaGrace wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:05 pm I came to chat this afternoon, but everyone must be busy today. I am going to a gathering here in a bit, but hope to catch up with ya'll later. :heart :heart :heart
We're there Annabella :) Drop in any time you like!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

AnnabellaGrace wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:05 pm I came to chat this afternoon, but everyone must be busy today. I am going to a gathering here in a bit, but hope to catch up with ya'll later. :heart :heart :heart
Oh, it would be amazing, if you will catch us. We both with Tom still are in chat, so we are waiting you very much! :cuddle :clap
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Oh do try and come Annabella! I've popped in twice and caught lovely Fossy, OC, Pips, and Tom and it was lovely.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I managed early this morning...I doubt I'll be able to come back. I might do a check and wave.

Lizzy is on the advent calendar and then we'll have lunch. I leave for church in an hour to play the organ, and we have a bday party after that.... otherwise Colleen, it could be you and me later this evening when my company leaves (and any other N. Amer. and NZ folks...you are two hours ahead of me.

ME.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

We cracked a Miller record this evening (European time). It was Fossy, Pippa, Merry, Annabella, Impy and myself, all at the same time in the chat! What a BLAST!