Royal Property Shenanigans

News & Friendly Debate
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

I think prince Harry's book spare throws some light on the sking comments. Harry has said both he and William begged Charles not to marry Camilla and just to keep her as a mistress. So Charles wouldnt have been happy having the boys asked about the wedding and being made to lie.

I have some ideas for Andrew. He could drain the swimming pool then not have to heat it saving on energy and maintenance people. Just have a tiny garden near the house for his deck chair and rest of the garden except bits near paths for safety can be left wild saving on gardeners. Most of the house can be sealed off saving on heating and cleaners. He could just live in a few rooms and have a little fan heater in his occupied room instead of heating whole house. And make his own dinners and do his own washing saving on servants. Then he could afford royal lodge. Charles would still have his problem of wanting the lodge for William but too bad there are enough other places to pick from.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

I couldn't believe this when I read it but I suppose it must be true; it's in the Daily Telegraph via Yahoo!.
King Charles will miss Prince Harry’s visit to London for hiking in Transylvania

It is now understood that the King’s upcoming trip to Romania will fall next week, during which he will recuperate after his Coronation, and will see him stay in his home in rural Transylvania.

The Queen will not be accompanying him on the trip, preferring instead to remain in her Wiltshire home.

During his annual visits to his beloved Transylvania home, the King is understood to enjoy spending his days hiking in the hills and painting, as well as tucking into a book in the evenings.

King Charles has a long history with Romania, where he now owns at least 10 properties after purchasing his first, an 18th-century Saxon house nestled in the village of Viscri, in 2006.
Full story here:-

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/king-charles ... 11700.html
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

You'd almost think the King is avoiding the odious oik his grandson. :D
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Why would Charles need 10 houses in Transylvania that bit doesn't make sense. He is very busy as king and even as prince of Wales was still busy and has dozens of homes in UK already including many in the middle of nowhere like scotland when can he spend time in all of them. Wonder if he has one in Iceland. The crown episode (so might be a myth) had him hidden away fishing there when the lord Mountbatten died and they could not reach him there's no phones on fishing lakes. Mobile phones are better covered now. The king has to be contactable at all times doesnt he in case parliament needs dissolving or we need a new prime minister the counsellors of state aren't allowed to do very important things.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Wonder if he has one in Iceland.
I don't think so; though Charles has been on fishing holidays in Iceland where he has stayed in fishing lodges - in fact one year he missed the Queen Mother's birthday in early August when he was fishing in Iceland.

The then Prince Charles was staying in Iceland when Lord Mountbatten was assassinated in 1979; it seems he knew about this on the same day because he confided his feelings about it to his journal that evening according to the Grauniad who got that from his biography written by Jonathan Dimbleby. My guess is that if the prince was unreachable by phone the Embassy would have sent somebody out to inform him.

Another thing I found out while finding this confirmation was that Charles met his other mistress during the 1970s while staying in Iceland at a fishing lodge owned by his friend Lord Tryon. Charles decided he'd quite like to try it on with his friend's Aussie wife and she became his mistress. The unfortunate lady soon saw Camilla as a rival and the ladies, so the Daily Mail article says, ended up hating each other's guts. In later life Lady Tryon had a number of health issues, her marriage ended in divorce, and she died a few months after the former Princess of Wales in 1997.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

The king has had to give up his welsh home because the way royal inheritance works it belongs to the new prince of Wales who doesn't want it.

Princess Anne has done better just being given an estate with enough houses for ex husbands and children and grand children. At least its hers without worrying about when monarchs die. All the others have to live without the stability of a permeanant home. Even seven free rent homes and a. summer holiday at balmoral doesn't really make up for your own home..

Harry's back in london next week for his court case but it hasn't been said who drew the short straw of having to let him stay at theirs.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Even though prince harry was evicted from frogmore cottage he has been allowed to stay there for his trial. So he hasnt really been evicted just doesn't have to pay the rent while not living there then allowed to stay while in country.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Princess Anne has done better just being given an estate with enough houses for ex husbands and children and grand children.
I misread 'houses' for 'horses' first time round.