New Hard Facts Chatroom

Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

New Hard Facts Chatroom

Post by Panikos »

Since we got a new board we felt we should have our own new chatroom too.

The old IRC ones still work and the old chat link still works with the new chat at the top.

You have to register, but it's quick and easy and you won't have to do so again. You will need to use your own username from here.

The chat link is back at the top right next to Quick Links
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

New Hard Facts Chatroom

Post by Panikos »

#tip If you leave the chat by just closing the browser window you should be logged in next time.

#tip When in chat you can choose an avatar or upload one (80x80)
When you have returned from setting your avatar it clears the screen so best to choose one when not actually talking to people or you will miss bits.

This is a minor thing, but it's because we removed the function that remembers everything anyone said and puts it back. A potential privacy issue.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

New Hard Facts Chatroom

Post by Furby »

Is there any other way to leave. Leaving seemed impossible.

Those provided avators are very ugly and worse than own faces. We pick avators to be nicer than us don't we. Through I don't really look at the list of whose online much except at the beginning to see if I am on my own there.

The new place is nice big writing. The fashion is smaller and smaller with most new things these days so that makes a nice change.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

New Hard Facts Chatroom

Post by Panikos »

Furby, I removed the worst of the avatars late last night and threw in a few animal ones, but the best way is to go to the settings (press 3 dots or the ESC key) and upload your own. It's supposed to resize them for you, but 80x80 is ideal.

on the settings area the icon at the bottom right is => which is logout