Post by Philipaholt »

Oh the second to last...of the field and the house...gorgeous
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Vandraren »

Wow, it is so green where you come from, Tom! Beautiful! The trees have finally been turning green here this week (I know your pictures are not from spring, but they still make me feel in awe of green things and the fact that they stay for several months now). It feels surreal just now, like having forgotten what overgrown lawns and wildflowers even look like. But here they are! :D

A tiny lake we have nearby. In the evenings one is always being overrun by joggers there :D
20230504_184822.jpg
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by dianakc »

TRavine wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:12 pm Have some picutres that were taken around my home town in the past couple of years. Just came across them on my hard drive and thought I'd share.

191673901_1441837562832933_5488125714661864642_n.jpg

99060932_1165364210480271_3368157136419815424_n.jpg

98067448_1165364290480263_6760913749567078400_n.jpg

95872702_1154046124945413_4086029287512080384_n.jpg

94993099_1149352355414790_8023292122050330624_n.jpg
Lovely x
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

I don't normally post much, but now that I've taken up running again (ahem...the weather is no longer frigid) I"ve some lovely views while I run
IMG20230508083916.jpg
IMG20230508084435.jpg
IMG20230510083328.jpg
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Pippa these are so lovely!!! 🥰🥰😍
I ADORE that house!!! And the shells are so cute!!! ❤️
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Beautiful pictures! Is that a lonely, contemplative Tom in the dandelion-clock field? I took a dandelion-clock picture out on my walk the other night, but it didn't turn out well.

Pippa, that house! it reminds me of my mental image of the creepy house in Anne Rice 's book. The Mayfair Witches (There is a new tv serialisation of this... advice seems to be 'if you loved the book, don't watch this abomination')

We went for a walk around my neighbour Paddy's garden the other day (with her blessing ;) - it is a peaceful place of simple beauties, very calming and restorative.

paddygard.jpg
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:30 am Beautiful pictures! Is that a lonely, contemplative Tom in the dandelion-clock field? I took a dandelion-clock picture out on my walk the other night, but it didn't turn out well.

Pippa, that house! it reminds me of my mental image of the creepy house in Anne Rice 's book. The Mayfair Witches (There is a new tv serialisation of this... advice seems to be 'if you loved the book, don't watch this abomination')

We went for a walk around my neighbour Paddy's garden the other day (with her blessing ;) - it is a peaceful place of simple beauties, very calming and restorative.

paddygard.jpg
Oh Merry, that garden looks beyond lovely. Very peaceful indeed I can imagine. 😍

And yes that's Tom in the picture, looking at Kremsmauer. 😉😁
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I didn't look here a while, but now I saw all these pics and they are so awesome. :love Beautiful views in your pics, Tom. I love them. :loveeyes I wish that I can travel there and see it in realty. 😍

Pippkin, I love that house too. It's remind me about tv series "Charmed" where the sisters Halliwell lived in very similar house. Yes, it's really look so creepy, but beautiful! 😃

Well done, guys. I will also post pics when I will what to post! :lol
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

RIGHT?! :D Fossy, I agree, I ALWAYS have to think of Charmed when I see these houses!!!
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:01 pm I didn't look here a while, but now I saw all these pics and they are so awesome. :love Beautiful views in your pics, Tom. I love them. :loveeyes I wish that I can travel there and see it in realty. 😍

Pippkin, I love that house too. It's remind me about tv series "Charmed" where the sisters Halliwell lived in very similar house. Yes, it's really look so creepy, but beautiful! 😃

Well done, guys. I will also post pics when I will what to post! :lol
I've never seen Charmed. But there are houses like this all over Louisville.
NatashaGrey

Where do we all live?

Post by NatashaGrey »

Joining in the fun from London!

But not the London you think. I live in London, Canada! (Shout-out to my fellow Canadian, Mimosa!)

London, Canada is a city about two hours from Canada’s largest city, Toronto. I work in Toronto, and travel there about once per month.

I think you all would love this: in some ways, London, Canada is a replica of London, England. We have a Thames River, Covent Garden Market, and countless streets and parks named after those in London, England.

Looking through my photos on my phone for one to post, I realize that I have only a few without people in them! I’m posting one of those here: it’s a pic from downtown Toronto, where I work.
Attachments
Toronto, where I work
Toronto, where I work
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Philipaholt »

NatashaGrey wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:06 pm Joining in the fun from London!

But not the London you think. I live in London, Canada! (Shout-out to my fellow Canadian, Mimosa!)

London, Canada is a city about two hours from Canada’s largest city, Toronto. I work in Toronto, and travel there about once per month.

I think you all would love this: in some ways, London, Canada is a replica of London, England. We have a Thames River, Covent Garden Market, and countless streets and parks named after those in London, England.

Looking through my photos on my phone for one to post, I realize that I have only a few without people in them! I’m posting one of those here: it’s a pic from downtown Toronto, where I work.
I didn't know there was a London, Canada, but I'm not surprised. Lovely picture. I hope to make it to Canada one day.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by mimosa »

Great intro! How fun! It is nice to have a fellow Canuck on the forum! But, yes, we are across the country!

Great picture.

Welcome, again!

ME
dianakc
400 Posts
400 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by dianakc »

I'm going to Toronto in September for a few days then to Kitchener for a wedding! My first time in Canada x 🇨🇦
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by merry »

Lovely picture, Natalie!

I have relatives in Canada, I've never been but my dear old Nan used to go there every year to stay with her eldest son's wife and her grandsons. Her son emigrated there but unfortunately died soon afterwards. His sons, my cousins, are obviously real Canadians! Beautiful country.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Vandraren
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by Vandraren »

No way, Natasha! London and Toronto are the only places in the whole of the American continent I have ever been. My University in Sweden offered a summer exchange course with King's College there. Our exchange students were so lovely and welcoming, drove us to the Niagara Falls and all. I really loved Toronto too, we had two days there and ate breakfast at Sunset BBQ both days, because we loved their huge American breakfasts so much. And I remember going to a big record store. We were just amazed by how big everything was in general ;) Well, most of our cities are tiny, so it's not hard to impress us ;) I dug up a few pictures, because I'm a bit excited now ;)

Toronto
IMG_20180520_113514.jpg
IMG_20180519_170649.jpg

London, King's College

IMG_20180516_135430.jpg

London, Downtown

IMG_20180515_190129.jpg
Sorry, I am sure there are lots more beautiful views of London, but we were mainly on campus there.
Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint. ~Jane Austen
anywhereis
50 Posts
50 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by anywhereis »

Hey, everyone!

I'm gonna post it here since I moved to a new town around 2 months ago and will be staying here for a year. It's called Manado, a town with a balanced combination of mountains, beaches and coastlines. The seafood here is fresh and cheap, people raise their own chickens and cows and it's a very tight-knit community. I'm still in awe of this place - it seems to good to be true! I'm really grateful that I got to be here! so here's some photos (it's going to be full of blue):
IMG_4742.jpg
IMG_4741.jpg
IMG_4740.jpg
IMG_4739.jpg
you could go snorkeling or diving here and the view is heavenly. here we have a oceanic trench that would give a really beautiful view of under the sea. we also have local dolphins, sea turtles, and sea snakes!

I'm writing this sitting on a couch while recovering from darkened skin (not sunburned) after my SPF 50 failed me :tongue
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by ColleenD »

Wow! That is gorgeous! You are near the equator! Wish I was there. :snowing
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

That looks incredible, AnywhereIs.
(she/her)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Where do we all live?

Post by TRavine »

Oh gosh, these pictures are OUT OF THIS WORLD beautiful!!! That are some impressive views indeed! 😍😍