Christmas Postcard Exchange

merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've never seen such difficulties with mail before - hopefully all of our respective postal services will get things ironed out for next year!
It's really strange, isn't it, Impy! Honestly, I expect that if I post something it GETS THERE however long it takes and where'est it goes. And that just hasn't happened this time! and it's so random! Tom got mine in 3 weeks, Mim 5 weeks, Fossy and Impy never got it at all.
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

I got Tom's and mims just the other day ...and on the same day too! Such a wonderful day it was!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

Just got Fossy's card/postcard today! They are so lovely, it was such a happy feeling to open my mailbox and see those Latvian stamps and a glimpse of your home town, and of course your kind message! :heart
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

impossibleusay wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:25 am Just got Fossy's card/postcard today! They are so lovely, it was such a happy feeling to open my mailbox and see those Latvian stamps and a glimpse of your home town, and of course your kind message! :heart
What a relief. I'm so happy that you got it. 😃❤️ Glad you liked them and message too, Impy. Wonderful! :cuddle
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I received Impy's postcard!!! 😍😍
Thank you SO much, it is lovely!!! I have two shelves full of postcards from all my lovely millers now and I look at them every day! This has been such fun! ❤️ I'm going to get Autumn's card written and sent this week and if anyone else wants one, just let me know. 😁
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:45 pm I received Impy's postcard!!! 😍😍
Thank you SO much, it is lovely!!! I have two shelves full of postcards from all my lovely millers now and I look at them every day! This has been such fun! ❤️ I'm going to get Autumn's card written and sent this week and if anyone else wants one, just let me know. 😁
Wait you've got autumns address?? Can you message it to Me?? I'd love to send one too (how did I miss that??)
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

Philipaholt wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:52 pm
Wait you've got autumns address?? Can you message it to Me?? I'd love to send one too (how did I miss that??)
I'll send it to you, Pippa! :)
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

You're so lucky, Tom, 'cuz I still waiting from Merry her second postcard and also from Autumn. 🥰 But I think that with Merry's postcard again will be the same what with first, 'cuz I'm waiting it already a week and still nothing, but I'll looking during this week after it and if still will be nothing, then, unfortunately, it will be gone again and I think that this time it will Latvian Post office fault not British post! :sob :sad :up

And me most hurting that that almost all Millers (except Impy) got Merry's postcards, but not me. It's really painful! 😥
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

Yay, I'm glad it arrived safely! I'm the same - I have all mine set out so I can admire them too :love
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:13 am
You're so lucky, Tom, 'cuz I still waiting from Merry her second postcard and also from Autumn. 🥰 But I think that with Merry's postcard again will be the same what with first, 'cuz I'm waiting it already a week and still nothing, but I'll looking during this week after it and if still will be nothing, then, unfortunately, it will be gone again and I think that this time it will Latvian Post office fault not British post! :sob :sad :up

And me most hurting that that almost all Millers (except Impy) got Merry's postcards, but not me. It's really painful! 😥
Don't worry fossy. I've not got mine either. We shall endure and wait together!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:48 am
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:13 am

Don't worry fossy. I've not got mine either. We shall endure and wait together!
You too? 😲 Wow, I thought you got it. Ok, then we're three now in waiting. Glad to know it! 🥰
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've re-sent to Fossy and to Impy. Cross everything they make the long perilous journey this time

If anyone else wants a card from me just send me your address in PM :) I've bought a pack of Cotswold cards for sending out to my Miller friends and have TEN left just looking for a home!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

Guess what showed up today a full 2 months after mailing - Merry's original postcard! :party

So Fossy and Pippa, don't lose all hope - maybe yours got temporarily stuck somewhere along the way like mine did and there's still a chance.

Merry, that is the loveliest scene - I can just picture our John and Margaret on that street! Thank you so much for sending these! :love
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

impossibleusay wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:54 pm Guess what showed up today a full 2 months after mailing - Merry's original postcard! :party

So Fossy and Pippa, don't lose all hope - maybe yours got temporarily stuck somewhere along the way like mine did and there's still a chance.

Merry, that is the loveliest scene - I can just picture our John and Margaret on that street! Thank you so much for sending these! :love
OMG, Impy, how wonderful. 😃 True, I also think that maybe there's a chance to get it (I mean Merry's original first postcard) and maybe second too. 😁 Although Merry resend me a third time postcard, so it'll be so fun if I really will get all three her postcards. :lol But I would love it if it will happen! 🥰❤️
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

impossibleusay wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:54 pm Guess what showed up today a full 2 months after mailing - Merry's original postcard! :party

My hope has never wavered!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Pippkin and Autumn, I send your postcards today. 😃 Please, give me know when you both will get them. I hope it will be soon! :cuddle
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:05 pm Pippkin and Autumn, I send your postcards today. 😃 Please, give me know when you both will get them. I hope it will be soon! :cuddle
Oh hurrah! Thank you fossy!!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I received Autumn's card today!!! YAY!!! Thank you so much! It's lovely!! :love
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm I received Autumn's card today!!! YAY!!! Thank you so much! It's lovely!! :love
I also got autumns card! It's so lovely!!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm I received Autumn's card today!!! YAY!!! Thank you so much! It's lovely!! :love
Philipaholt wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:08 pm I also got autumns card! It's so lovely!!

:eek :eek :eek What??? I'm still don't get hers. :ohwell But I hope I will get it soon. It need to be. :lol It's wonderful, guys, that you got them. I'm happy for you both! 😃

Btw, It'll be so fun if I'll get all three Merry's cards and I think it will be like that! :rofl And it will be wonderful. So much cards from you, merry! :love
Philipaholt wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:07 pm Oh hurrah! Thank you fossy!!

You're welcome, Pippkin. I really hope you will get it soon! :up :hug