Why is your handle your handle?

ForeverAutumn1

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:55 pm
I love that song. I was raised on The War of the Worlds rather than Moody Blues, and didn't realise Justin Hayward was in both until a friend told me.

Did you ever see The Hunting of the Snark concert? Hayward does a brilliant love song in it. Here's a clip:
Oh I love War of the Worlds too! I'm not familiar with The Hunting of the Snark, what a cool clip! :) I love his voice.
DaisyNinjaGirl
200 Posts
200 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

mimosa wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:09 am My husband calls me Mimosa; sometimes he says mimosa maravillosa. Mimoso refers to someone or something that is affectionate and loving...and since I'm female, it is mimosa. Almost like sweetheart.
I hadn't realised 'mimosa' had so many meanings. That's a lovely name!
DaisyNinjaGirl
200 Posts
200 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:04 pm Oh I love War of the Worlds too! I'm not familiar with The Hunting of the Snark, what a cool clip! :) I love his voice.
I'm just going to rewatch the whole concert for nostalgia. ;-)
ComicLitChick

Post by ComicLitChick »

:)
Philipaholt wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:25 am
ComicLitChick wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:27 pm Because I love reading, art, literature and live in that world, both professionally as well as in my private life. IDK, it sort of makes sense to me anyway. 381867DE-022E-48EF-BE76-754F59484DA2.jpeg
FYI—reading comics can wrap art and literature together beautifully. Depending on what one likes of course.
❄️
Oh, forgot to say I’m lousy as being anonymous. Most of my socials, like instagram, FB, twitter are my real name and tumblr, twitter are NFComics. So fairly easy to find because employees got me started in the whole mess. 😄
Do you love Austenland?!? Because I absolutely love Austenland
Totally love Austenland💕 and the sequel. Shannon Hale actually lives in Utah and writes comic books too.

BTW—see the ‘Easter egg’ used for the section sign? If I had it to do over again, I’d use Mr.T :)
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

ComicLitChick wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:51 pm :)
Philipaholt wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:25 am
ComicLitChick wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:27 pm Because I love reading, art, literature and live in that world, both professionally as well as in my private life. IDK, it sort of makes sense to me anyway. 381867DE-022E-48EF-BE76-754F59484DA2.jpeg
FYI—reading comics can wrap art and literature together beautifully. Depending on what one likes of course.
❄️
Oh, forgot to say I’m lousy as being anonymous. Most of my socials, like instagram, FB, twitter are my real name and tumblr, twitter are NFComics. So fairly easy to find because employees got me started in the whole mess. 😄
Do you love Austenland?!? Because I absolutely love Austenland
Totally love Austenland💕 and the sequel. Shannon Hale actually lives in Utah and writes comic books too.

BTW—see the ‘Easter egg’ used for the section sign? If I had it to do over again, I’d use Mr.T :)

OMG 😱😱😱 I never noticed RA 🤣😂

Oh I love that Shannon Hale makes comics.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

This is a fun topic! Really cool to hear the stories.

For fanfiction, I've been ElizaG1 for ummmm twenty years. I had a series of different pen names when I joined Fanfiction.net as a tween, usually related to Harry Potter (like I think I was Eliza Potter for a bit), but then wanted something slightly more normal, so went with Eliza (my middle name is Elizabeth), and then I had to add a 1 because ElizaG was taken. So silly, and now I would want to lop off the 1 but it's been that way for too long.

I like being barelytolerable where I can, as a nod to the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. It's just kinda fun.
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:01 am This is a fun topic! Really cool to hear the stories.

For fanfiction, I've been ElizaG1 for ummmm twenty years. I had a series of different pen names when I joined Fanfiction.net as a tween, usually related to Harry Potter (like I think I was Eliza Potter for a bit), but then wanted something slightly more normal, so went with Eliza (my middle name is Elizabeth), and then I had to add a 1 because ElizaG was taken. So silly, and now I would want to lop off the 1 but it's been that way for too long.

I like being barelytolerable where I can, as a nod to the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. It's just kinda fun.
Twenty years! What an incredible accomplishment. That's incredible.
barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

Philipaholt wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 am
barelytolerable wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:01 am This is a fun topic! Really cool to hear the stories.

thank you! it's just because I was 12 when I first started writing and posting fanfics, LOL. You can still see them on FFN! I like having them still there just because it's history, so I don't take them down but they're obviously written by a kid. I stopped writing in 2007 and then came back in 2020. I'm so glad I did.
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:37 am
Philipaholt wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:26 am

thank you! it's just because I was 12 when I first started writing and posting fanfics, LOL. You can still see them on FFN! I like having them still there just because it's history, so I don't take them down but they're obviously written by a kid. I stopped writing in 2007 and then came back in 2020. I'm so glad I did.
I would LOVE to hear the story of why you stopped...and why you came back.