#NorthAndSouth Sunday on Twitter

barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

Philipaholt wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:13 am
mimosa wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:30 am I was hoping to join today, there was too much going on today...maybe next week.

ME
Same!!! I wanted to join but had other commitments
We'll catch you and mimosa next time I hope ;) I know it can be at a weird time for some people!
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
barelytolerable

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:42 pm Happy New Year all!
I’m wanted to share #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space will be EVERY week in January starting on January 8th at 11am PST! We will discuss one episode of the miniseries each Sunday. Watch on your own before and then join the conversation!

I have to create a new space link for each week and will add it to this thread. All spaces start at 11 am PST and tend to go for at least an hour.
🗓️Schedule:
January 8: episode 1
January 15: episode 2
January 22: episode 3
January 29: episode 4

⏰Find your time zone http://worldtimebuddy.com
🗓 Add to your personal calendar.
🪐Twitter Spaces are audio events (captions available) a bit like a live podcast. Listen via app or browser, and to speak you have to access via the Twitter app.

All are welcome to tune in and share your thoughts and/or listen to fellow fans! I’m excited to hear from you! I hope this helps get us through the gloom of January. #NorthandSouth Sunday is meant to be an inclusive, welcoming place where we strive for unironic enthusiasm and sharing our love for N&S!

Again, the link for the 2nd Twitter Space on January 15th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1zqJVPzbzYAKB?s=20.
Bumping this as a reminder! The space will be active at the link above at 11 am PST on Sunday the 15th.
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:22 am
I’m wanted to share #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space will be EVERY week in January starting on January 8th at 11am PST! We will discuss one episode of the miniseries each Sunday. Watch on your own before and then join the conversation!

I have to create a new space link for each week and will add it to this thread. All spaces start at 11 am PST and tend to go for at least an hour.
🗓️Schedule:

🪐Twitter Spaces are audio events (captions available) a bit like a live podcast. Listen via app or browser, and to speak you have to access via the Twitter app.

All are welcome to tune in and share your thoughts and/or listen to fellow fans! I’m excited to hear from you! I hope this helps get us through the gloom of January. #NorthandSouth Sunday is meant to be an inclusive, welcoming place where we strive for unironic enthusiasm and sharing our love for N&S!

Again, the link for the 2nd Twitter Space on January 15th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1zqJVPzbzYAKB?s=20.
Bumping this as a reminder! The space will be active at the link above at 11 am PST on Sunday the 15th.
Thanks a lot!! 😍😁
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Are there replays to this? I just can't make a Sunday work for me.

ME
barelytolerable

mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:55 pm Are there replays to this? I just can't make a Sunday work for me.

ME

Hi Mimosa! We don't record them, and I'm hesitant to just because I don't want to make people even more squeamish about talking. I'm sorry :(

My fanfics on AO3
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I heard from Tom how much he enjoyed this!
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

It was a lovely talk!! 😍😍 Looking forward to episode three!! 😁😁
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

I really enjoyed listening! It was great to hear everyone’s insights.
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
barelytolerable

🗓️Schedule:

Bumping for Sunday!!

My fanfics on AO3
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

The talks are always so interesting and fun. I had a good laugh tonight about the pineapple thing!! 🤣🤣🤣
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm The talks are always so interesting and fun. I had a good laugh tonight about the pineapple thing!! 🤣🤣🤣
I managed to get on for a bit and caught the pineapple blew me away.

I didn't catch everything....I wanted to know more about the radio shows.

What knocked me out was that Rupert Jones who plays Frederick Hale also plays Frank Churchill. Like what the heck? Really?! I had to look it up. Because we've just watched the third episode of Emma last night... I think that's why I was so shocked.

But yes, my husband played the lunch trumpet song right at 1 p.m. and I had to go.

ME
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:14 pm What knocked me out was that Rupert Jones who plays Frederick Hale also plays Frank Churchill. Like what the heck? Really?! I had to look it up. Because we've just watched the third episode of Emma last night... I think that's why I was so shocked.
Oh yes, he is the same guy! That's why he seemed a bit familiar...
(she/her)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:00 pm
mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:14 pm What knocked me out was that Rupert Jones who plays Frederick Hale also plays Frank Churchill. Like what the heck? Really?! I had to look it up. Because we've just watched the third episode of Emma last night... I think that's why I was so shocked.
Oh yes, he is the same guy! That's why he seemed a bit familiar...
CORRECTION! Rupert Evans!!

My WORD! :blush :bang

ME
barelytolerable

mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:14 pm
TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:46 pm The talks are always so interesting and fun. I had a good laugh tonight about the pineapple thing!! 🤣🤣🤣

What knocked me out was that Rupert Jones who plays Frederick Hale also plays Frank Churchill. Like what the heck? Really?! I had to look it up. Because we've just watched the third episode of Emma last night... I think that's why I was so shocked.

But yes, my husband played the lunch trumpet song right at 1 p.m. and I had to go.

ME
ME!!!! So glad you could catch some. So when people listen in on browser, we can't see them as attendees so I can't give a proper shoutout which I always feel kinda bad about because I know there's quite a few people who listen that way.
It's so funny because what surprised me is Frederick popping up in Bridgerton- really because he looks much older, obviously, since it's 2022 lol. Rupert Evans will always be Frederick to me.

My fanfics on AO3
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

barelytolerable wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:55 am
mimosa wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:14 pm

ME
ME!!!! So glad you could catch some. So when people listen in on browser, we can't see them as attendees so I can't give a proper shoutout which I always feel kinda bad about because I know there's quite a few people who listen that way.
It's so funny because what surprised me is Frederick popping up in Bridgerton- really because he looks much older, obviously, since it's 2022 lol. Rupert Evans will always be Frederick to me.
(Notice I corrected myself...how in the world...I must have messed up Rupert Penry-Jones and Rupert Evans, because RPJ was mentioned elsewhere.)

But it's also cool that Tim Piggott-Smith was FH in the 1975 and was Mr. Hale in 2004. So it just seems so all connected.

I haven't watched Bridgerton at all. But Frank Churchill...so interesting...I am going to watch the last Emma scene with my husband in a minute...be amazed all over again. And then I'll watch the next of N&S maybe later this week just because I need to make comparisons. What a hoot.

ME
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

I’ve really enjoyed listening the past couple of weeks! I can’t figure out how to participate though. It only allows me to listen on twitter on my computer, and on the iPad app it says Twitter spaces is not available. But I’ve really enjoyed hearing everyone’s thoughts on the episodes. I’m looking forward to this week! :love
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:29 pm I’ve really enjoyed listening the past couple of weeks! I can’t figure out how to participate though. It only allows me to listen on twitter on my computer, and on the iPad app it says Twitter spaces is not available. But I’ve really enjoyed hearing everyone’s thoughts on the episodes. I’m looking forward to this week! :love
For me, it only works on my phone. I downloaded the Twitter App and it works there.
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

TRavine wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:23 pm

For me, it only works on my phone. I downloaded the Twitter App and it works there.
Oh, interesting! I’ll have to try that. Thank you! :)
barelytolerable

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:59 am
TRavine wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:23 pm

Oh, interesting! I’ll have to try that. Thank you! :)
Yes, I just googled and it looks like for some reason the spaces don’t work on the iPad Twitter app, just phone. 😫 It’s a pretty limited function I guess!

My fanfics on AO3
barelytolerable

The link for episode 4, this Sunday at 11 am PST is here! Looking forward to it! It will become active once the space starts this weekend!

My fanfics on AO3