Fanfic ideas

User avatar
DaisyNinjaGirl
200 Posts
200 Posts
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:03 am
Location: New Zealand

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Groundhog Day is this guy who's a jackass being forced to relive the same day over and over again until he figures out how to be nice to people, so he basically works out how to finesse the perfect day by trial, error and a lot of repetition.

There's another one that might be relevant, It's a Wonderful Life, about a guy who's basically very good and selfless who gets so depressed about he can't make anything better that he tries to commit suicide, and an angel turns up and takes him back through key moments of his life to show him how much he helped people really.
User avatar
merry
  
  
500 Posts
500 Posts
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm
Location: Cotswolds, UK
Contact:

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' with Mr Merry just before Christmas, Daisy! Gosh that seems an age ago - but was only about 10 days I guess.

It was great!
"We see the storm on the horizon and draw in our sails." - Elizabeth Gaskell
User avatar
DaisyNinjaGirl
200 Posts
200 Posts
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:03 am
Location: New Zealand

Fanfic ideas

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

merry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:34 pm I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' with Mr Merry just before Christmas, Daisy! Gosh that seems an age ago - but was only about 10 days I guess.

It was great!
I'm not sure if I've ever seen it all the way through. It's one of those movies that percolates through cultural osmosis, almost.
PenelopePitstop
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:04 am

Fanfic ideas

Post by PenelopePitstop »

Happy New Year Millers! I am hoping the flurry of North & South fanfiction continues in 2023. It has brought me so much pleasure to read, a much needed distraction from what's been going on in my private life.

I am very excited that Tom is going to write the Lady Chatterley's Lover mash up with N& S.
I am really an ideas person but not a writer so I am always thrilled when someone decides to run with a fanfic idea. Really looking forward to it Tom....just remember, we need our couple to have plenty of "encounters" in the woods! 😉

Ps I loved your Christmas story. Any chance of a few more chapters when the inspiration hits you?
User avatar
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:39 pm
Location: Austria

Fanfic ideas

Post by TRavine »

PenelopePitstop wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:29 am Happy New Year Millers! I am hoping the flurry of North & South fanfiction continues in 2023. It has brought me so much pleasure to read, a much needed distraction from what's been going on in my private life.

I am very excited that Tom is going to write the Lady Chatterley's Lover mash up with N& S.
I am really an ideas person but not a writer so I am always thrilled when someone decides to run with a fanfic idea. Really looking forward to it Tom....just remember, we need our couple to have plenty of "encounters" in the woods! 😉

Ps I loved your Christmas story. Any chance of a few more chapters when the inspiration hits you?
The vibe I have in mind is "young, sheltered woman's sexual awakening in a secret affair with dark, brooding, traumatised war hero." Or something along those lines. Melodramatic. You know the drill. 🤣🤣

And everyone's asking for more chapters on the Christmas story. 😅 Not gonna say yes or no yet. Maybe I'll write them some day. I do kinda like the open ending though. 😉
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:44 am
merry wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:34 pm I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' with Mr Merry just before Christmas, Daisy! Gosh that seems an age ago - but was only about 10 days I guess.

It was great!
I'm not sure if I've ever seen it all the way through. It's one of those movies that percolates through cultural osmosis, almost.
I have never really sat and watched it. I think I was having to many "cringe" moments to truly enjoy it.

Even yesterday through our 5+ hour P&P marathon, I was hiding under my blanket, cringing, and squealing.
PenelopePitstop wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:29 am Happy New Year Millers! I am hoping the flurry of North & South fanfiction continues in 2023. It has brought me so much pleasure to read, a much needed distraction from what's been going on in my private life.

I am very excited that Tom is going to write the Lady Chatterley's Lover mash up with N& S.
I am really an ideas person but not a writer so I am always thrilled when someone decides to run with a fanfic idea. Really looking forward to it Tom....just remember, we need our couple to have plenty of "encounters" in the woods! 😉

Ps I loved your Christmas story. Any chance of a few more chapters when the inspiration hits you?
I have not seen this, and I'll probably have to "sneak" it in while the kids are gone and I can turn youtube on to get what's going on, so that I know what's going on.

I guess that's what happens when I'm not a movie person. Oh LOL.

ME
mimosa
300 Posts
300 Posts
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 pm

Fanfic ideas

Post by mimosa »

What if Margaret went to Oxford with her father?

ME
User avatar
Forsteriaana30
500 Posts
500 Posts
Posts: 605
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:37 pm
Location: Latvia

Fanfic ideas

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

mimosa wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:47 pm What if Margaret went to Oxford with her father?

ME
Oh, good idea, mim. 😃 There can express in different plots like Margaret going back to Milton with Mr Bell after her father died after her baggage and announce that she'll going live to Oxford with Mr Bell (if we remember in miniseries he said this to her and not to London) and when John knows it he confess her to love and propose, clearing up any misunderstandings! 😁🥰
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
User avatar
Philipaholt
500 Posts
500 Posts
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:27 pm

Fanfic ideas

Post by Philipaholt »

mimosa wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:47 pm What if Margaret went to Oxford with her father?

ME
Oh. Oh now that's a plot bunny
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
User avatar
merry
  
  
500 Posts
500 Posts
Posts: 939
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:01 pm
Location: Cotswolds, UK
Contact:

Fanfic ideas

Post by merry »

I love it! Margaret in Oxford!

And I know Oxford really well... could actually draw on some real-life locations! Beautiful place but... sinister. (Inspector Morse, anyone?)
"We see the storm on the horizon and draw in our sails." - Elizabeth Gaskell
Post Reply