Chatty thread for non-N&S topics - anything and everything!

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Okay so, I've got a confession. I met Dixon while in London and we kind of hit it off...I wanted to keep it a secret, but then this happened. So I guess I wanted to tell you myself, before anyone else does. 😅😜
20230105_125749.jpg
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm Okay so, I've got a confession. I met Dixon while in London and we kind of hit it off...I wanted to keep it a secret, but then this happened. So I guess I wanted to tell you myself, before anyone else does. 😅😜

20230105_125749.jpg
🤣🤣🤣
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

How much did she pay to get your names up in lights like that, Tom?!

Well, there's nothing to be done about it now. But at least you'll always have a crisply ironed shirt and she probably always has a hot 'stew' in her 'oven'.

Now, Pippa dearest, this clock.....

OK so it must have been 3am before I realised that the chirrupping, tweeting, trilling and hooting taking place so regularly in my bedroom was not, after all, a Hitchcock-like dream, but actually really happening. In my grogginess i dimly remembered some complicated instruction leaflet in 10 different languages, half-read and binned, which, I realised, had been trying to tell me that it was possible to set the clock for the WRONG TEN O'CLOCK. So my clock was cheerfully under the impression it was 3 of the afternoon and was going to keep right on trilling every hour till morning.

I didn't take it off the wall, hurl it to the floor and dash it to pieces with a mallet, the idea never even entered my head I swear.

I simply rolled the clock on through 12 hours so it knew it was night, and time to sleep, and it settled down happily.

However, some other incomprehensible instruction had warned that if you did this a few degrees too far or not far enough, things would Go Wrong, so now I have a barn-own hooting mournfully at robin time, and a loud squawky crow cawing loud enough to make one jump off one's seat at sparrow hour.

Pip!!!! :cry
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm Okay so, I've got a confession. I met Dixon while in London and we kind of hit it off...I wanted to keep it a secret, but then this happened. So I guess I wanted to tell you myself, before anyone else does. 😅😜

20230105_125749.jpg
:rofl :rofl :rofl
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:06 pm How much did she pay to get your names up in lights like that, Tom?!

Well, there's nothing to be done about it now. But at least you'll always have a crisply ironed shirt and she probably always has a hot 'stew' in her 'oven'.

Now, Pippa dearest, this clock.....

OK so it must have been 3am before I realised that the chirrupping, tweeting, trilling and hooting taking place so regularly in my bedroom was not, after all, a Hitchcock-like dream, but actually really happening. In my grogginess i dimly remembered some complicated instruction leaflet in 10 different languages, half-read and binned, which, I realised, had been trying to tell me that it was possible to set the clock for the WRONG TEN O'CLOCK. So my clock was cheerfully under the impression it was 3 of the afternoon and was going to keep right on trilling every hour till morning.

I didn't take it off the wall, hurl it to the floor and dash it to pieces with a mallet, the idea never even entered my head I swear.

I simply rolled the clock on through 12 hours so it knew it was night, and time to sleep, and it settled down happily.

However, some other incomprehensible instruction had warned that if you did this a few degrees too far or not far enough, things would Go Wrong, so now I have a barn-own hooting mournfully at robin time, and a loud squawky crow cawing loud enough to make one jump off one's seat at sparrow hour.

Pip!!!! :cry
You poor dear. I'm so so sorry....I do feel a bit responsible.... I hope you get it sorted
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Aww Pips it's ok :) I LOVE my bird clock and that it has... personality... makes it all the more dear to me! :loveeyes
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

My grandmother had a bird clock... just wait until the batteries start dying, the birds start sounding very sinister... :rofl
🎵🌵 Humming a cactus tune...🎵🌵
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:37 pm My grandmother had a bird clock... just wait until the batteries start dying, the birds start sounding very sinister... :rofl
Yes it does!

ME
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

My grandmother had a bird clock... just wait until the batteries start dying, the birds start sounding very sinister...
:eek :rofl

Were they Robin me at the price? I bet there wasn't a (th)rush on the things.... did they Crow as they sold the first one in ten years to gullible me? Will I (h)Owl at 5 am when the slow, sinister songs start up?

WATCH THIS SPACE!
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

merry wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:31 pm
My grandmother had a bird clock... just wait until the batteries start dying, the birds start sounding very sinister...
:eek :rofl

Were they Robin me at the price? I bet there wasn't a (th)rush on the things.... did they Crow as they sold the first one in ten years to gullible me? Will I (h)Owl at 5 am when the slow, sinister songs start up?

WATCH THIS SPACE!
Bwahahahaha.... :rofl
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Guys, I made a post in topic "Sound and Vision" about my older sister. I'll be glad if you can look at it and share your opinion about her, songs and singing. Here's a link - viewtopic.php?t=225 :blush :up
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I hope that everyone is managing January all right. I know it can be a hard month mentally for some people. I hope that you're getting in enough sleep, good nutrition, and vitamins and maybe even exercise to keep on an even keel.

(I think my month is February -- I am freaking out whether homeschooling works, right about then...struggling with my kids, although last year I didn't have it because I didn't have the girls to instigate it, and I was enjoying teaching only two kids. And long winters that diddle back and forth between cold and dark with mild temps and stale colours -- but we have to find the beauty in that too.)

I've noticed it being sort of quiet (or some of you missing in conversation), and I hope it's because everyone's writing or keeping appropriately busy and not because we're struggling mentally. :wave

:bighug

Just wanted to encourage everyone wherever you are. Thank you for the stories and the creativity and the discussions, and the jokes, and the camaraderie. :clapping :clap :love :toast

ME
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

mimosa wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:46 pm I hope that everyone is managing January all right. I know it can be a hard month mentally for some people. I hope that you're getting in enough sleep, good nutrition, and vitamins and maybe even exercise to keep on an even keel.

(I think my month is February -- I am freaking out whether homeschooling works, right about then...struggling with my kids, although last year I didn't have it because I didn't have the girls to instigate it, and I was enjoying teaching only two kids. And long winters that diddle back and forth between cold and dark with mild temps and stale colours -- but we have to find the beauty in that too.)

I've noticed it being sort of quiet (or some of you missing in conversation), and I hope it's because everyone's writing or keeping appropriately busy and not because we're struggling mentally. :wave

Just wanted to encourage everyone wherever you are. Thank you for the stories and the creativity and the discussions, and the jokes, and the camaraderie. :clapping :clap :love :toast

ME
Thanks for the sentiment mim.

I wanted to add getting outside during daylight to your list. I have found that even if my mood is already good, getting out during daylight (even if it is cloudy and cold) still makes me feel even better.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

mimosa wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:46 pm I hope that everyone is managing January all right. I know it can be a hard month mentally for some people. I hope that you're getting in enough sleep, good nutrition, and vitamins and maybe even exercise to keep on an even keel.

ME
What a lovely and thoughtful post, Mim. It's true, January tends to be a tough month most of the time. I personally feel like I want to sleep all the time, lol. I'm just exhausted. Haven't been on here (or in the chat) as much as I would have liked in the past few weeks, because the semester is ending and I have some school deadlines to meet, so I've been pretty busy with that BUT I also got some writing done on my slow-burn and I am hoping that I will get more done during semester break. (I still have to work, but I will at least have the evenings off).

Maybe I'll manage to get it done enough to require your editing soon, if you're still up for it. No promises, mind. ;) This story is tougher to write than I had initially anticipated.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

ME
Very good post, mim. :up Well, I'm not so busy, but me keeping busy my work and this week I was so tired and exhausted that I couldn't manage to write something, but I so want and miss it. Soon will be weekend and I will write, 'cuz I have so many ideas. :lol Anyway, I also noticed that our forum is so quiet. These past weeks in this year was so passive here that I started to think if with you all is alright, 'cuz it's so unusually to see how little here happening something. It's just in previous year forum was more active, but now it's more to "sleeping" than is active. :huh I know that everyone is private life out of this, but I just wanted to say it. :blush I also miss our chats in Chat Room. I few times poped in it just to glance if someone is there, but it's also so quiet. Only two times we with Tom chatted there and one time with merry too. I know that tonight will be that Thursday chat, but I won't be there sadly, 'cuz I have work tomorrow and I need to wake up early, but I want to be there so much. :sad Me and Tom talked that maybe we need to imply chat day again when we all can be there and chat. :up So guys, I miss you all very much and want that forum again is so active like previously! 😃 :bighug
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

ME
It's so nice of you to check in, it can be a difficult time sometimes! :hug I've been kind of busy lately with work and personal stuff. I'm fairly new here but I've really enjoyed starting to get to know everyone on the board. I haven't participated in any chats yet but I'd definitely be interested in that, I don't know when anyone would be on the chat.
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

ForeverAutumn1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:08 pm

ME
It's so nice of you to check in, it can be a difficult time sometimes! :hug I've been kind of busy lately with work and personal stuff. I'm fairly new here but I've really enjoyed starting to get to know everyone on the board. I haven't participated in any chats yet but I'd definitely be interested in that, I don't know when anyone would be on the chat.
What time zone are.you in?
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Yes, Colleen. I don't always. Vitamin D intake should increase because of less sun. Especially in the northern hemisphere.
TRavine wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:06 pm
What a lovely and thoughtful post, Mim. It's true, January tends to be a tough month most of the time. I personally feel like I want to sleep all the time, lol. I'm just exhausted. Haven't been on here (or in the chat) as much as I would have liked in the past few weeks, because the semester is ending and I have some school deadlines to meet, so I've been pretty busy with that

Maybe I'll manage to get it done enough to require your editing soon, if you're still up for it. No promises, mind. ;) This story is tougher to write than I had initially anticipated.
School counts for busyness. I am always up for editing.

Fossy, I checked in occasionally with the chats as well. I was also hoping that no one was getting sick. I have that sinus headache-y tease that I'm hoping won't get worse.

Today's all forum chat I missed because my daughter was using the computer to study for a final. DARN. Its 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in my time zone. (The junior high had to be picked up from school at 2, the high schoolers were home because it's finals and diploma exam time.) Sometimes we'll ask when a good time is. Sometimes it's a weekend. Occasionally it's a Tuesday night. But it depends on the time zone, and if merry (and other Brits), Tom, and Fossy are there then it's evening for them and early afternoon for me.

ME
ForeverAutumn1
150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by ForeverAutumn1 »

Philipaholt wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:28 am
What time zone are.you in?
I’m in Central US time.
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Oh lovely that should be easy enough to schedule a chat then 🥰