Christmas Postcard Exchange

TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

So, Fossy and I are sending Christmas postcards to each other, and Pippa is sending some too.

Since we are from all over, I think it's a nice thing to get a card from another Country. That's why I wanted to ask if anyone else would like to send and/or receive a card?

If you're up for it, just let me know. We can exchange addresses via pm. If you don't want to give your address (which I can understand), I can send a card to your email as well. It's not the same as a real one, but better than nothing.

Maybe not all the cards will arrive in time for Christmas (depending on where you live and post services), but you'll get them soon either way.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

I'm one of those happy to send a card (I've some lovely Kentucky postcards if anyone wants a card from Pippa). You can share your addresses through pm and I'll pop one in the mail... :bighug
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Yes! Yes!!!! I'm in!

I didn't like to ask before :)
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

That sounds fun.

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

How wonderful that you made this topic, Tom. Well done! :clap
TRavine wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:54 am So, Fossy and I are sending Christmas postcards to each other, and Pippa is sending some too.
Well, I'm still wasn't went to postcards shop, 'cuz I have no time and I don't know when I could, but hope it will be very soon. :blush

Anyway, I like this idea very much. Thank you, Tom, that you suggested it! 😃 :cuddle
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've shared my address with everyone in this topic (and anyone else who joins in) but please don't feel you have to send anything just because I sent my address !!

That would be a good wheeze wouldn't it. I could share it with everyone on the whole board and add 'just in case anyone wants to send me anything.....' :rofl
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
impossibleusay
50 Posts
50 Posts

Post by impossibleusay »

If anyone wants a card from me, send me a PM! I have plenty of international stamps ready to use! :D
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

impossibleusay wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:39 am If anyone wants a card from me, send me a PM! I have plenty of international stamps ready to use! :D
Same for me! I bought a whole sheet and I've some lovely postcards too. Just send me a Pm with your address 🤗
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I've sent mine to everyone who's sent me their address so far (and the postie is collecting them tomorrow morning, postage paid! I wish I had had Christmas stamps for them but I did put a little festive donkey sticker on the back :D you know me and donkeys...
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:38 pm Same for me! I bought a whole sheet and I've some lovely postcards too. Just send me a Pm with your address 🤗
I send you my address. Just reminding you. I will wait for yours postcards very much, Pippkin! 😃 :cuddle
merry wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:52 pm I've sent mine to everyone who's sent me their address so far (and the postie is collecting them tomorrow morning, postage paid! I wish I had had Christmas stamps for them but I did put a little festive donkey sticker on the back :D you know me and donkeys...
Aw, how wonderful, merry. Can't wait for yours too. 😃 :cuddle

As for me, I had bought postcards with Christmas and one with Latvia, but I want buy one more and maybe two yet with Ogre, but the thing is that that for my work I can't get to the postcard shop again and I need stamps too, so I think that I'll sent them only in January after New Year. Then all will be peaceful and I can to get to the shop and doing what I need yet. Sorry, guys, for this. I hope this will be ok for all (ok, I have only Tom's and Merry's addresses 😁). Just be patiently waiting! :up
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I received my first postcard by Pippa today!!! 😍😍 How lovely, thank you so much!! It's beautiful, I already put it up. 😁😁 This is really nice!
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:10 pm I received my first postcard by Pippa today!!! 😍😍 How lovely, thank you so much!! It's beautiful, I already put it up. 😁😁 This is really nice!
Oh!!! You got it!? I'm so happy! I was a little concerned the post might be a bit slow...anyway I'm so so glad it arrived. Thanks for letting me know!!
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

I will wait for yours postcards very much, Pippkin!
Fossy it's in the mail. I dropped yours and Tom's off at the same time but who knows how long it will take?? I'm hope since Tom already got his. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Tom, I got your postcard. It's wonderful. I like it and you have very beautiful handwriting. 😃 Thank you very much! :cuddle
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:02 am
I will wait for yours postcards very much, Pippkin!
Fossy it's in the mail. I dropped yours and Tom's off at the same time but who knows how long it will take?? I'm hope since Tom already got his. Fingers crossed 🤞🏽
Oh, can't wait then. 😃 Thank you very much, Pippkin! :cuddle For Latvia it can take two weeks, maybe less, but hope it will be soon! :up
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:13 am Tom, I got your postcard. It's wonderful. I like it and you have very beautiful handwriting. 😃 Thank you very much! :cuddle
Oh I'm so happy to hear that! 😄
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

My photocards arrived today. I sent off a third of my internationals yesterday...but not in time to go out that night, because the dude that was supposed to pick it up wouldn't pick up the very last minute drop-offs, of which I was one after having to wait super long to buy my stamps (international, US, and Cdn). Anyway, because it is December, they'll go out tonight.

But can you believe it that I don't know where to buy postcards? I'll keep looking. Hopefully I 'll find them soon!

ME
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I got my card from Tom! :love

It was so lovely and he has much nicer handwriting than I do! He'll never be able to read mine - none of you will :sob

I even liked the stamp, which featured a pair of boots, which I spend half my life in of course (horses.)
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I received Mim's postcard! How lovely! 😍 Thank you so much!!!

That is a beautiful picture of you all! It's so nice to receive cards from all over! Greetings to all of your lovely family, Mim 🤗
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

I received Pippa's postcard. It's so beautiful. 😍 Thank you very much, Pippkin. :hugs Yes, it's really so nice to get postcards from you all. 😃 Now I'm still waiting postcards from Merry, Mim and Impy! 😁