Email problems

Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Email problems

Post by Panikos »

Not sure what caused it, but the board emails were going out to people with rubbish where the return address should be.

Worse still various email servers decided that meant the board emails were spam and started rejecting them so people were not getting an email notification at all.

We're using a different method now so it should not happen again, but let us know if it does.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Email problems

Post by mimosa »

How long does an email kick around in the outbox before it is truly sent?

ME
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Email problems

Post by Panikos »

Hi Mimosa,

An email should go right away.

There's an odd arrangement with private messages where it sits there until the recipient has opened it, but email should just be like email anywhere and instant.

EDIT: I just had the board send a test email to me and it was instant. I pressed send and my phone notified me I had new mail.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Email problems

Post by mimosa »

Panikos wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:05 pm Hi Mimosa,

An email should go right away.

There's an odd arrangement with private messages where it sits there until the recipient has opened it, but email should just be like email anywhere and instant.
Thank you. I just wondered if it did since I couldn't find it in the sent folders.

ME
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Email problems

Post by Panikos »

If it helps when you send a Private Message that leaves a copy in the Sent folder, but an email isn't stored at all just sent.