#NorthAndSouth Sunday on Twitter

barelytolerable

Post by barelytolerable »

Hi all!
Every second Sunday of the month at 11 am PST, Anna Stonebrook and I host #NorthAndSouth Sunday, a Twitter Space to talk about all things North & South. Link here: https://twitter.com/barelytolerabIe/sta ... 2922799104

Twitter Spaces are audio events (captions available) a bit like a live podcast. Listen via app or browser, and you can join in and talk if you access via the Twitter app! (I even think you may be able to listen without a twitter account on the browser, but I'm not 100% sure). It's an opportunity to hear from and talk with other fans. Newcomers are welcome! We strive for fun and embrace unironic enthusiasm.

Find your time zone https://worldtimebuddy.com

Next #NorthAndSouth Sunday is December 11th at 11 am PST. Get into the holiday spirit as we discuss Victorian Christmas traditions. How do you think our fav N&S characters would spend the holidays? What's the Victorian Christmas tradition you've found most interesting/fun/weird?

Previous topics in the past have included reading Chapter 10 and discussing, listening to the N&S radio show and discussing, talking about mothers in N&S, and so much more (I've been doing them for almost a year). Anyone can join, talk, or if you have a topic idea you'd really like to hear people talk about, please let me know and we can add it to a list because we are always trying to think of topics.
N&SSunday.jpeg
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
darkpartofmydestiny

Post by darkpartofmydestiny »

I love your spaces! I can’t wait for this one, Victorian Christmas is one of my favourite things to explore and to learn about
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Victorian Christmas is one of my new obsessions! Thank you so much for signposting this and welcome! :bighug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Can someone remind me when the second Sunday comes around :rofl

Just bump the topic and say 'merry (Seb) it's TODAY!'
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

What a lovely thing! That sounds so interesting. Victorian Christmas is indeed fascinating! :love
I would love to tune in - hope I'll have time next Sunday.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

I don't have Twitter but I shall try my best. 🤗
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
barelytolerable

Happening now!
"He is my first olive: let me make a face while I swallow it." (Chapter 21 of N&S)

My fanfics on AO3
merry

1500 Posts
1500 Posts

Post by merry »

Aaargh I am SO sorry I forgot all about it! and you did remind me too, as I asked! forgive me and I'll try again next time! :hugs

I was watching an old black and white film with Mr merry and never gave it a thought...
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I need to get a new twitter account. I realised that I deleted my old one. Will do for next time!
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 pm Happening now!
I popped in and listened for a bit. So fun ladies. Thank you! But I don't have a Twitter so I don't think I could talk....will you do this again next week?
barelytolerable

Happy New Year all!
I’m wanted to share #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space will be EVERY week in January starting on January 8th at 11am PST! We will discuss one episode of the miniseries each Sunday. Watch on your own before and then join the conversation!

I have to create a new space link for each week and will add it to this thread. All spaces start at 11 am PST and tend to go for at least an hour.
🗓️Schedule:
January 8: episode 1
January 15: episode 2
January 22: episode 3
January 29: episode 4

⏰Find your time zone http://worldtimebuddy.com
🗓 Add to your personal calendar.
🪐Twitter Spaces are audio events (captions available) a bit like a live podcast. Listen via app or browser, and to speak you have to access via the Twitter app.

All are welcome to tune in and share your thoughts and/or listen to fellow fans! I’m excited to hear from you! I hope this helps get us through the gloom of January. #NorthandSouth Sunday is meant to be an inclusive, welcoming place where we strive for unironic enthusiasm and sharing our love for N&S!

Again, the link for the 2nd Twitter Space on January 15th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1zqJVPzbzYAKB?s=20.
Last edited by barelytolerable on Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My fanfics on AO3
barelytolerable

Philipaholt wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:15 am
barelytolerable wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 pm Happening now!
I popped in and listened for a bit. So fun ladies. Thank you! But I don't have a Twitter so I don't think I could talk....will you do this again next week?
Sorry, I just saw this post! So cool you jumped in! I can't see anyone who joins from the browser, so sorry I didn't say hi! It's usually the second Sunday of the month only, but see my other post- we'll be doing ti each week in January!

My fanfics on AO3
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:42 pm Happy New Year all!
I’m wanted to share #NorthAndSouth Sunday Twitter Space will be EVERY week in January starting on January 8th at 11am PST! We will discuss one episode of the miniseries each Sunday. Watch on your own before and then join the conversation!

I have to create a new space link for each week and will add it to this thread. All spaces start at 11 am PST and tend to go for at least an hour.
🗓️Schedule:

🪐Twitter Spaces are audio events (captions available) a bit like a live podcast. Listen via app or browser, and to speak you have to access via the Twitter app.

All are welcome to tune in and share your thoughts and/or listen to fellow fans! I’m excited to hear from you! I hope this helps get us through the gloom of January. #NorthandSouth Sunday is meant to be an inclusive, welcoming place where we strive for unironic enthusiasm and sharing our love for N&S!

Again, the link for the first Twitter Space on January 8th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1BdGYyXQpkgGX?s=20.
Thank you so much for sharing this! This is such a lovely thing. I'll be sure to check it out!! 😊😊
barelytolerable

🗓️Schedule:

Again, the link for the first Twitter Space on January 8th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1BdGYyXQpkgGX?s=20.
This is just fourteen hours away! Hope to "see" you there.

My fanfics on AO3
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

barelytolerable wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:13 am

🗓️Schedule:

This is just fourteen hours away! Hope to "see" you there.
I'll try to be there :) Looking forward!
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Now that was REALLY fun and enjoyable!! 😍 Thanks a lot!!
Definitely planning to join in again next time.

There were some really interesting points that were raised in the character discussions. I feel like whenever we talk about these characters we unveil new things about them...which we can go and use in our fics! 😉😂
barelytolerable

TRavine wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:57 pm Now that was REALLY fun and enjoyable!! 😍 Thanks a lot!!
Definitely planning to join in again next time.

There were some really interesting points that were raised in the character discussions. I feel like whenever we talk about these characters we unveil new things about them...which we can go and use in our fics! 😉😂
Thank you for joining and speaking!! So glad you had a good time. It's really supposed to be a fun and welcoming place (just like this forum) for people to have a good time discussing this work.

It was a joy to hear from you. I do find the conversations really valuable for new insights and definitely take it into consideration when writing fics lol. Honestly, it's been really helpful in talking through some interpretations I have with people who know the characters so intimately too. Everyone has so many great perspectives and interesting insights, and everyone has been nice and friendly in the spaces.

Thanks to anyone else who joined in but I couldn't see!! I suspect there may have been some Millners amongst the listeners.

And like I said, any topic ideas, let me know. Looking forward to Sunday and episode 2!
Last edited by barelytolerable on Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My fanfics on AO3
barelytolerable

🗓️Schedule:

Again, the link for the 2nd Twitter Space on January 15th is here: https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1zqJVPzbzYAKB?s=20.
Link added for Sunday the 15th!

My fanfics on AO3
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I was hoping to join today, there was too much going on today...maybe next week.

ME
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

mimosa wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:30 am I was hoping to join today, there was too much going on today...maybe next week.

ME
Same!!! I wanted to join but had other commitments