Visitors!

... all creatures great and small
OurCreature

350 Posts
350 Posts

Visitors!

Post by OurCreature »

The Aussies came to visit Them yesterday afternoon, and Cleo really enjoyed playing with Them, especially with Midge who wanted some fun straight away; Mina took a bit longer to make her mind up about the Strangers. Lynsay took some very nice pics so, at Merry's earlier behest, here are some of them.

Midge introduces himself
midgeinspects.jpg
Now to business!
midgeplay2.jpg
This is fun!
chat1.jpg
Time for a rest
midgethinks.jpg
What's going on?
minathinks.jpg
Last edited by OurCreature on Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
OurCreature

350 Posts
350 Posts

Visitors!

Post by OurCreature »

My turn now!
minaplay1.jpg
So they both played with Cleo.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Visitors!

Post by TRavine »

Such sweet pictures, OC! This looks like they truly had a lot of fun!! :D
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
OurCreature

350 Posts
350 Posts

Visitors!

Post by OurCreature »

They certainly did, Tom! The Aussies are on their way to Scotland today, but are stopping in Leicester - I think to see all about Richard III whose skeleton a few years ago was found buried in the Social Services car park under the parking space marked 'R'. I am not joking, I think that is true! Richard III's remains were reinterred in a special service in Leicester Cathedral.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Visitors!

Post by TRavine »

OurCreature wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:08 pm They certainly did, Tom! The Aussies are on their way to Scotland today, but are stopping in Leicester - I think to see all about Richard III whose skeleton a few years ago was found buried in the Social Services car park under the parking space marked 'R'. I am not joking, I think that is true! Richard III's remains were reinterred in a special service in Leicester Cathedral.
Ha! I remember when that happened. There was a fun joke they made about it on Austrian national radio. But I need to provide some context for that one. xD
So, there is this guy in Austria who is very rich and owns a ton of properties including a huge shopping mall in Vienna. His name is Richard Lugner and the mall is called "Lugner City". Now, he is not the youngest person (he's about 90, I think) and therefore has dentures, which in German are called "die Dritten" aka "the third" (because they are the third set of teeth you get, after you lose your first two).

And when they discovered Richard III, the guy on the radio said: "See, there's the difference between Britain and Austria. In Britain, they find Richard the Third underneath a car park, but underneath Lugner City, you'll only find Richards "third.""
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
OurCreature

350 Posts
350 Posts

Visitors!

Post by OurCreature »

:lol: I like that!
merry

500 Posts
500 Posts

Visitors!

Post by merry »

:rofl oh Tom! is that typical of Austrian jokes? ours tend to be less subtle and more ... well... about body parts and things. Not that body parts are ever funny. No!

OC what absolutely lovely pictures, you will treasure those! Lynsay has caught some wonderful expressions on his Lord and her Ladyship's faces.
"We see the storm on the horizon and draw in our sails." - Elizabeth Gaskell
Furby

250 Posts
250 Posts

Visitors!

Post by Furby »

Does the child have red hair or is that for anonymous purposes when photographed.
OurCreature

350 Posts
350 Posts

Visitors!

Post by OurCreature »

End of term they had a punk-themed party at her school. I thought she looked like an embryo Urban Goth in the pre-party pic Lynsay posted of her on FB and said so. That's when the new hair colour came in, and the little devil still likes it. Her natural hair colour is light brown which yours truly thinks is much nicer; but what do I know....................... :huh