How about a Millers' Chat in the new Chatroom?

mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

I'm in my mid-forties...but I just feel like I'm always 39. Ha!

My husband is a number of years old than I, so he's a tad older than RA (lol, Fosteriaana); my SIL a year older than me totally died when her brother started dating someone younger than her...and there's no sibling in between them. :D

his best friend's wife became my best friend and she is ten years older than I am. My other very close friend is 12 years younger than me. I feel like I'm the young'un. My sister married a guy 15 years older than she is and she was 38.

Another 30-something friend was amazed that my husband was over 50...we were talking about having kids (or more about when to stop; we both have many children, and I had told her that my husband will be 65 when Silas is 18...so...lol). P does act younger than he is because he has a ton of kids he has to be a great dad to.

So it's all good in the age range department. It's really about the people. I have elderly friends as well, and I think that I'm just an old soul. I can get along with anyone. Although, I'm not totally into other people's kids...but I totally love babies and toddlers. And I like my own teen guys...they're cool and nice to talk to.

ME
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

mimosa wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 pm I'm in my mid-forties...but I just feel like I'm always 39. Ha!
"Thirty-nine is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-nine for years."
-- The Importance of Being Earnest (slightly edited ;-)

I'm in my mid forties, too. It took me a while to settle down, and my partner and I had our kids relatively late. (On the other hand, taking my time meant that I could meet him while I was still single. :-) )
(she/her)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Thirty-nine is a very attractive age. London society is full of women of the very highest birth who have, of their own free choice, remained thirty-nine for years."
-- The Importance of Being Earnest (slightly edited ;-)
Oh my word I love this play!
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I'm probably going to hover over in the chatroom again for a little while...in case anyone is up to have a chat.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Just had a lovely chat with Tom and Mimosa!

About the Millers' chat that we so far haven't decided upon - I hadn't really quite taken in how MANY different time zones there would be. :D

So what do you all think to, say, Saturday 5 November being a sort of 'open house' chat day. So we can just pop in and out all day as and when we are around? bound to catch a few of us that way?

What are your thoughts?
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

merry wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm Just had a lovely chat with Tom and Mimosa!

About the Millers' chat that we so far haven't decided upon - I hadn't really quite taken in how MANY different time zones there would be. :D

So what do you all think to, say, Saturday 5 November being a sort of 'open house' chat day. So we can just pop in and out all day as and when we are around? bound to catch a few of us that way?

What are your thoughts?
I would be up for that. I would probably hang out there sometime in the afternoon, since I might be out in the evening. Would be lovely to see some Millers there :)
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm Just had a lovely chat with Tom and Mimosa!
Oh, sad that I wasn't there, cuz I went to home in that time from work, but it's ok! 😁
merry wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm I hadn't really quite taken in how MANY different time zones there would be.
Well, my time zone is +2 from UTC. I don't know I write it right, but hope it is! 😉
merry wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm So what do you all think to, say, Saturday 5 November being a sort of 'open house' chat day. So we can just pop in and out all day as and when we are around? bound to catch a few of us that way?
I'm all for it. I can, cuz weekends are my days off. So I can be there and doing this. I won't be too busy, if only I'll be writting, but that'sall.😁 Want this so much! 😃🥰
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

What are your thoughts?
I will absolutely try. No promises mind. I've registered too.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

... No promises mind...
OH LOL!! :love :rofl

ME
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:52 pm
...No promises mind...
LOL!! One of my favourite quotes. :love :rofl

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm
So then tomorrow we are meeting in Chatroom? Just reminding! :bighug 😉
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Thank you, Forsteriaana! I am so glad you posted. :love Hope to chat with you tomorrow! I'm going to pin this topic as an Announcement for now, wooh, that's cool isn't it, not done that before!

I shall pop in and out all day, except for a couple of hours in the afternoon, and will keep an eye in the evening also. Sure to catch a few of you that way I hope? Our visits need only be brief, if that pleases us.... or stay there hours, if you get a good meet-up going... I will be disappointed if we don't get three or four in at least once, anyway....

:bighug
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:27 pm Thank you, Forsteriaana! I am so glad you posted.
You're welcome, merry. :cuddle Well, I will be there all day, only maybe in one moment I'll be go out, cuz I'll need to one thing, but I'll be back very fast. 😃 And how I said previously then I will write my story in parallel to this! 😉❤️
merry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:27 pm I'm going to pin this topic as an Announcement for now, wooh, that's cool isn't it
Yes, merry, it's very cool and exciting. Can't wait! 😃🥰
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Well, I will be there all day, only maybe in one moment I'll be go out, cuz I'll need to one thing, but I'll be back very fast. 😃 And how I said previously then I will write my story in parallel to this! 😉❤️
That is lovely, Forsteriaana! You can be our Welcome Person :love

Don't forget, anyone who is planning to come, you need to REGISTER with the chatroom ahead of time, as per Pani's instructions in Board Info. You only need to register once for all time. It's very easy, use your board username.
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:25 pm That is lovely, Forsteriaana! You can be our Welcome Person
Aw, thank you very much, merry. That's so sweet! :cuddle :heart
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

This is going fantastically well! had a lovely chat with Tom, Fossy, Pippa and my own STPD.

Sounds like there will be someone in there (in and out) all day so please come in and say hello!
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

Had such a LOVELY chat with you all. Hope to pop back in later :bighug
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Me too Pippa :hugs
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I popped back in for another lovely chat with Mim. Fossy popped in and out but I think she was writing up a STORM! :D
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:48 pm Fossy popped in and out but I think she was writing up a STORM!
Haha, I love this, merry. :rofl Well, yes, I had been doing a few things and then I wrote and still writing, so yeah, maybe there will be STORM!!! 😂 But I had such a few lovely chat too. It was really so cool. :love I will be in Chatroom tomorrow around 15am (15:00) again if what. I will try be there! 😉