The Weavers and Spinners - our group collabs - all welcome!

Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

:clapping well done Seb! Almost 10k??? :o
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

I know, I know! it just took them that long - ! what with all the Christmas stuff to fit in - ! :blush

Hoping to cut it down to about, ooooh, say... 9k? though all I've done so far is add another few :oops
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I have a feeling that mine will be +10k :roll: But I'm sort of writing an AU first meeting plus Christmas, so I needed some time to get through setting everything up ;)
Last edited by TRavine on Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

You're lucky mine isn't 20k :rolleyes :lol

It was heading that way!

Yours sounds great, Tom! I actually can't wait to read all these stories - Christmas is my favourite time of the year. :xmas :snowing
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:00 pm But I'm sort of writing an AU first meeting plus Christmas,
Oh, how wonderful. Sounds great these two stories by you, Tom. 😃 Can't wait to read them! :heart

Actually, I don't know yet how much words is in my Snowed In Christmas story, cuz I write it in my native language. I'll be knowing that when I'll be translate it in English. And it's still not finishing. So I have what to do. 😁 But parallel to this I'll write my next story and it will be Sickness story about Margaret's illness. :love So I'm still hope that we with Tom could write that two stories from our lovebirds perspective. I so want it. 🥰 Hope it all goes well! 😉
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

That sounds wonderful Forsteriaana. I'd definitely be up for writing something together!
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:35 pm That sounds wonderful Forsteriaana. I'd definitely be up for writing something together!
:cuddle :cuddle :cuddle
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

merry wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:48 pm You're lucky mine isn't 20k :rolleyes :lol

It was heading that way!

Yours sounds great, Tom! I actually can't wait to read all these stories - Christmas is my favourite time of the year. :xmas :snowing
I've been too busy with FITYMI to work much on my Christmas story...I'm about halfway through chapter 11....thanks so much for everyone's kind comments!! Really cheers me on
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

I think I am finally done with my time travel story! :clapping Just under 6K words.

Tom, how do I get it to you?
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:22 am I think I am finally done with my time travel story! :clapping Just under 6K words.

Oh Colleen, that's wonderful 😍
You should have received a private message with the contact information. You'll find your PMs when clicking that thingamabob ob the top right of the site, next to the bell symbol. If you don't find the message, let me know and I'll send you another one.
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

ColleenD wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:22 am I think I am finally done with my time travel story! :clapping Just under 6K words.

Colleen! Fantastic news! I can't wait to read it
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

So, all the stories you sent to me are up on AO3. Y'all have four more days to view and edit them before I'll publish them in Monday. I still need to come up with a title for mine! 😂😂
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:45 pm So, all the stories you sent to me are up on AO3. Y'all have four more days to view and edit them before I'll publish them in Monday. I still need to come up with a title for mine! 😂😂
Would you like suggestions?
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:01 pm
TRavine wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:45 pm So, all the stories you sent to me are up on AO3. Y'all have four more days to view and edit them before I'll publish them in Monday. I still need to come up with a title for mine! 😂😂
That would be amazing!! 😁
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

TRavine wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:03 pm
Well, based on your last few lines -> "Looking to the Future"
Also, as a play on fortune telling ->" Lines of time"
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:15 pm
TRavine wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:03 pm

Well, based on your last few lines -> "Looking to the Future"
Also, as a play on fortune telling ->" Lines of time"
Ooooh, I like these, Pippa!!! :love
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Exciting! Looking forward to reading them next week. :love
(she/her)
ColleenD
300 Posts
300 Posts

Post by ColleenD »

Is it okay if I cross post my time travel story on fanfiction.net?

BTW what is the general consensus on AO3 vs fanfiction.net?

I like ff for the story stats and I prefer their layout when looking at stories with the picture for the story and such. I also find their mobile app more user friendly than AO3's. AO3 is a little easier to post a story with and easier to see the completed status or maturity level and to make edits.

I have found that I get more traffic on my N&S stories on ff but AO3 gets me more traffic for my Outlander stories.
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:40 am Is it okay if I cross post my time travel story on fanfiction.net?

BTW what is the general consensus on AO3 vs fanfiction.net?

I like ff for the story stats and I prefer their layout when looking at stories with the picture for the story and such. I also find their mobile app more user friendly than AO3's. AO3 is a little easier to post a story with and easier to see the completed status or maturity level and to make edits.

I have found that I get more traffic on my N&S stories on ff but AO3 gets me more traffic for my Outlander stories.
I was about to ask the same thing! 😅 so for me it's obviously completely okay! What do the others think?

As for the two sites: I use both, for maximum readership. 😉 There are many people who are solely reading on ffc, and many stories which you can only find on there and which I don't want to miss out on. The app is neat too.

Having said that, I think the layout of the site is horrible, old, and not exactly user friendly. I like the statistics option though! Personally, I prefer AO3 because it's user friendlier, I think, and lets you communicate with your readers better through the comment options.

However, our fandom needs both sites! 😉
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 am
ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:40 am Is it okay if I cross post my time travel story on fanfiction.net?
I was about to ask the same thing! 😅 so for me it's obviously completely okay! What do the others think?
I'm fine this. I wasn't previously think of it, cuz I thought we will posting only in Ao3, but now I think that I'll be posting in FF.net too my TT and Snowed In stories too. Thanks to say it, Colleen. 😁
ColleenD wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:40 am BTW what is the general consensus on AO3 vs fanfiction.net?
When I first begun to read fanfics it was in FF.net. I like also that there's a pics to any fics. It's helping to inspires to read a story, but what about posting stories, then I better prefer Ao3, cuz it's really easier to see completed status and make edits. That's true. And the same about communication. Much easier doing it in Ao3 than in FF.net. IMO. 😃 As for mob app - I like both. Although in this year spring I was no longer available A03 app, cuz I have Android and I was very sad for it, but now I found that there's a non-official app creat by them and now I have available again it. I'm so happy for it. :clap But anyway, I really like both apps. I think they both are simple and easier. 😉
TRavine wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:16 am However, our fandom needs both sites!
Absolutely agree with you, Tom. So we will be posting in both. I'll be definitely doing it! 🥰