Question about browser notifications on a PC

Techie News and Qs
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

Has anyone ever seen any of these and if so what sort of things do they say.

I went on my bank website and it wouldnt work. I could log on and look but all the buttons to do things were greyed out. Eventually I worked out there is a popup asking me if I accept browser notifications and I had rejected it. When I found the settings to unblock the site everything worked as it has previously.

However there were 17 notifications in the little tray at the bottom right of a windows pc but they all just say new notification from bank but no way to know what they are notifying me about. It could be something important. If its just we have some nice new mortgages to sell I dont care but no way of knowing.

I do get the ones from Windows itself which are helpful which tell me things like a backup or update failed or I went over my ethernet limit. They dont just say new notification from Windows and expect me to guess.
Panikos

150 Posts
150 Posts

Post by Panikos »

I tend to say no to notifications on a PC as they always seem to be more trouble than they are worth.

But when I have used them usually there's a place in your account on that site to list the notifications and what they are. Possibly called messages?

In fact clicking the notification ought to take you there, but I just remembered one that didn't and only took me to the main page.
Furby

500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by Furby »

I also refuse notifications which is how I got this problem. The only messages in my account are that one that tells me how much they charged me last year total zero. Hardly worthy of 17 nagging notifications. Anyway my money is still where it was a week later so whatever it was too bad.