Are you writing at present? (Chat about our stories)

Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

TRavine wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:14 am I gotta confession to make 😉 When I post multi-chapter fics, I intentionally keep gaps between the posting dates, because it keeps the traffic of the story up for a while 😉😅. With every chapter you post, the story jumps back on top to be seen, and if you keep doing that for a few weeks, you'll likely have more readers. (That, and I really need time to edit the chapters, lol)
Oh, thank you very much, Tom, for advice. I'll keep it in mind. I have what to think about. Maybe I'll be doing like you! :cuddle
"Now I love and will love" ❤️
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

merry wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:25 pm I am subscribed to all the Mill authors now, I think. As it happens, they are all my favourite authors and that's the truth!
I hope to me too, merry, cuz I'm subscribed to all you too! 😁😃
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

OK, it's up! A bit long and meandering, so I'm not sure how it will take, but what the hell.

Next two chapters will be more focused and - I promise - heading for some fluffy happy ending moments.

(My family wants to go for a walk now, gotta go.)
(she/her)
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:50 am OK, it's up! A bit long and meandering, so I'm not sure how it will take, but what the hell.

Next two chapters will be more focused and - I promise - heading for some fluffy happy ending moments.

Well done, Daisy. :cuddle I already read new chapter. It's so wonderful. :love Oh, next chapters sounds very amazing. Can't wait for them to read! :loveeyes
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:50 am OK, it's up! A bit long and meandering, so I'm not sure how it will take, but what the hell.

Oh daisy this story is really digging through me soul. It's beautifully done and I love it.
The secret of life lies in laughter and humility. —GKC
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

A wonderful story! So well written and interesting!! Thank you so much for sharing it! 😍
"I'm not sure I'd know how to dabble." 8-)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Philipaholt wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:19 pm Oh daisy this story is really digging through me soul. It's beautifully done and I love it.
Thank you! Next chapter is up - it's the last of the angstiness, I promise, happy ending to come soon.
(she/her)
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

TRavine wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:28 pmA wonderful story! So well written and interesting!! Thank you so much for sharing it! 😍
Thank you, Tom!
(she/her)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

So beautiful, Daisy. I loved it.
What a wonderful surprise after a long strenuous organ practice at the church this afternoon.

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Thank you, Daisy, for latest chapter. It's so nice. I already read it. Can't wait for final chapter! :love
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

I know I've said this before, but my Christmas story has got out of hand! :snowing
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Forsteriaana30 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:28 am Thank you, Daisy, for latest chapter. It's so nice. I already read it. Can't wait for final chapter! :love
Alright, I've published and been damned. Does anyone else find it a slightly painful feeling to be in the 'almost finished'/'just finished' state? I'm going to be taking a break from writing North and South fic for a couple of months, because Yuletide has just kicked in, but I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's Snowed In stories, and the trainwreck wedding of Fake It.

Love to all!
(she/her)
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

Thank you for your story Daisy, I enjoyed it. It sure was an interesting story with an unusual ending. I like how you worked out all the loose ends. What a gifted writer you are!

Thank you for warning us that you are going to take a break. It is almost summer by you, right?

ME
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Thank you, Daisy, for your stories final chapter. It was lovely. :heart Sad that you will take a break, but it's ok. Enjoy it and relax. We will be waiting you back! :cuddle
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

DaisyNinjaGirl wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:43 am
Forsteriaana30 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:28 am Thank you, Daisy, for latest chapter. It's so nice. I already read it. Can't wait for final chapter! :love
Alright, I've published and been damned. Does anyone else find it a slightly painful feeling to be in the 'almost finished'/'just finished' state? I'm going to be taking a break from writing North and South fic for a couple of months, because Yuletide has just kicked in, but I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's Snowed In stories, and the trainwreck wedding of Fake It.

Love to all!
I thought your story was perfect. But understandable to take a long (well deserved) break. Can I quote you in my next FITYMI chapter "the wedding from hell?"
DaisyNinjaGirl
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by DaisyNinjaGirl »

Philipaholt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:35 pm Can I quote you in my next FITYMI chapter "the wedding from hell?"
Oh sure, but it's not at all an original phrase to me. I'm half hoping that John and Maggie's First Kiss (TM) is going to be a performance for the horrible family, to the great surprise of the other party. (Or maybe John cops his first ever spontaneous hug, instead of at the strike scene, because Maggie needs to prove something.)
(she/her)
Philipaholt
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Philipaholt »

How are everyone's snowed in stories coming? I've not started mine yet...does anyone have snow where they are? I'd guess maybe Canada has snow already? None here ...yet
Forsteriaana30
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by Forsteriaana30 »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:05 pm How are everyone's snowed in stories coming? I've not started mine yet...does anyone have snow where they are? I'd guess maybe Canada has snow already? None here ...yet
Oh, mine still is coming. It's not finished yet, but will be. :blush About snow - yes, in my country is snow. :snowing Not now yet, but maybe in december will be or end of november. I hope, cuz I'll want that Christmas is white not green (or without snow)! :nono
TRavine
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by TRavine »

Philipaholt wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:05 pm How are everyone's snowed in stories coming? I've not started mine yet...does anyone have snow where they are? I'd guess maybe Canada has snow already? None here ...yet
I think I might split mine into two parts 🙈 Either that or post a 16k word one shot. Don't say anything, I know, I know! I'm bad!! 🙈🙈🙈😭 (At least my time travel fic is only like 7k!)

No snow here yet. Might be somewhere further up the mountains, but down here it's only raining.
mimosa
500 Posts
500 Posts

Post by mimosa »

No snow in Edmonton, because October has been unusually warm. And I like that. Nothing scares me more than the freezing rain that happens before the snow...driving is a nightmare. Calgary got snow last weekend. My daughter was there for a tournament. They are much closer to the Rocky Mountains than Edm is. We've only had flurries that don't stick around and it's only just starting to freeze overnight.

Maybe Colleen can tell us what Alaska is like...maybe they have snow...they are further north.

ME