February - let's hope it's better than January!

Chat about anything and everything
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Oh dear, OC, you will feel much more settled when they have decided on a proper course of action :hugs I hope you get some quick answers!

Nothing much going on here though it's been a busy week! London on Wednesday, vet for the horses' yearly dentistry on Friday (didn't show up but that's another story, we had all of the pain and none of the gain!) Jack our handyman pottering about, lunch in Dobbies on Friday to avoid Ellie my cleaner (it was very nice! fish and chips very fresh and crisp followed by a delicious slice of Biscoff cheesecake - no, my aim of losing 10lb by summer has NOT got off to a good start :ohwell

Yesterday we lugged about 100 jigsaw puzzles to a local infant school for their jumble sale, which has cleared a nice bit of space in the eternally chaotic and cluttered Bedroom 5. My back has suffered a bit, jigsaws are heavier than you might think when there's 100 of them!

Today is our first quiet day all week.

Mr M has been 'enjoying' the rugby and we play folk and irish tunes together most evenings (badly but we enjoy it!)
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Mr M has been 'enjoying' the rugby
But not the scoreline yesterday, I suspect........... :devil
Like the late Chaircat Midge, I am not always right.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

I phoned my travel insurers today to bring them up to date with the state of play re my heart block. I've received a letter spat out by the NHS computer to make an appointment with cardiology, but the waiting time per the website is 291 days but could be quicker depending on clinical need. Treatment is 15 weeks after that. I phoned Cardiology before I received the letter and I was given the correct numbers to ring and told to phone again towards the end of this week. I want to know what my real waiting time is likely to be.

I passed all that info to the insurers and the upshot is that they have covered me for anything arising from heart block slow pulse etc and I had to pay not far short of £200 in addition to what I have already paid which makes it my most expensive travel policy ever. But I am going to Portugal unless I keel over gibbering and squeaking before 2 April.
eccles

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by eccles »

gibbering and squeaking before 2 April.
Be sure not to do so on April 1st or people won't believe you.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
(Terry Pratchett 1948-2015)
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

:rofl
Wildrover

350 Posts
350 Posts

Post by Wildrover »

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations OC - hopefully just stopping the beta blockers will push your heart rate up a bit.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Thanks, WR!

And now for something completely different. I'm watching the Youth/Junior World Biathlon Championships from Estonia, and it's quite funny to see the officials march out waving little flags before every race, to the strains of..................Colonel Bogey.
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Well, what a difference a bit of dosh makes - I'm seeing a consultant at the private hospital across the road from Southampton General a week tomorrow at 14:00. The consultation is £250, plus £75 if the good doctor decides I need another ECG.
merry

2000 Posts
2000 Posts

Post by merry »

Oooh well done OC! that will speed things up a bit!

I expect you will get better biccies too and perhaps even Earl Grey! My mum worked in CGH and the nurses in the Private Ward there used to send us dainty sandwiches and cakes from tea if they had any left over :smug

Glad to know you are goingcto Portugal! it willcdefinitely give you a lift! well, quite literally :rofl
"... not to be told a story, but to live inside a dream." - Hades, The Burnt City
OurCreature

1000 Posts
1000 Posts

Post by OurCreature »

Glad to know you are going to Portugal!
That's the plan. I shall ask the consultant about it next Wednesday to make sure. Nancy has urged me to do so, and I'll never hear the end of it if I disobey.